Best Album Of 2006! Nominations! Hurry! Last day approaching quickly!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 104 comments
  • 5,790 views
The Killers - Sam's town

One of those rare albums where I don't skip any songs because they're all bloody fantastic. Although track 10 'This River is wild' is on a completely different level.
 
Tool-10,000 days.

I dont care if it's already been nominated, it's just to good.:dopey:

Four more to go.:sly:
 
I'm gonna get a good punch for this but..

My next nomination, My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade. Seems like they have turned over a new leaf..
 
^^They seem to, but the singer thinks he's Freddy Mercury or something :lol:
 
^^They seem to, but the singer thinks he's Freddy Mercury or something :lol:

Haha yeah it does seem to be heavily influenced by Queen.
 
Bee
I'm gonna get a good punch for this but..

My next nomination, My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade. Seems like they have turned over a new leaf..

Yeah, its some great stuff. A really good album all in all
 
My last nomination is :

Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies.


With this post you now have about 28 days to finish up the nominations.

Get it posting.
 
Incubus - Light Grenades

only thing good I've heard this year...

edit: Just read the nominations, all of the ones I've heard suck. Honestly, Light Grenades is by far and away the best album this year.

Oh, and I'll nominate an album that I'm sure no one has heard, but it's better than anything on the list this far, and might even be better than Light Grenades:

The Apparitions - As This is Futuristic
http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=PVg9enznF&aid=uNgnXHnm2WK

Oh, and I thought of another which is much better than everything else, I'm suprised it's not up there yet.

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife

My list > yours. Seriously, listen to these albums I've listed. They're awesome and infinitely better than Tool, which I'm sure will get tons of votes, unfortunately. It will get the same treatment SOAD got last year....
 
Justin Timberlake - FutureSex LoveSounds

I never like Justin Timberlake before this but I heard Nova playing his whole album on the radio and a few songs were good, so i got the whole album. It was worth the money.

This and Curtain Call by Eminem are the only albums i dont skip any songs on...execpt Fack on Curtain Call, why did he even make that crap??
 
Justin Timberlake - FutureSex LoveSounds

I never like Justin Timberlake before this but I heard Nova playing his whole album on the radio and a few songs were good, so i got the whole album. It was worth the money.

This and Curtain Call by Eminem are the only albums i dont skip any songs on...execpt Fack on Curtain Call, why did he even make that crap??

I vote this post to be stricken from the record :p
 
Incubus - Light Grenades

only thing good I've heard this year...

edit: Just read the nominations, all of the ones I've heard suck. Honestly, Light Grenades is by far and away the best album this year.

Oh, and I'll nominate an album that I'm sure no one has heard, but it's better than anything on the list this far, and might even be better than Light Grenades:

The Apparitions - As This is Futuristic
http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=PVg9enznF&aid=uNgnXHnm2WK

Oh, and I thought of another which is much better than everything else, I'm suprised it's not up there yet.

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife

My list > yours. Seriously, listen to these albums I've listed. They're awesome and infinitely better than Tool, which I'm sure will get tons of votes, unfortunately. It will get the same treatment SOAD got last year....

Relax, your taste in music isn't better than everybody elses just because you think nobody has heard the bands you've listed. I think 'Amputecture' by the Mars Volta blows every other album this year out of the water, but you don't hear me insulting everybody elses taste in music.
 
Definitely missed a few here:

The Roots - Game Theory

The Black Keys - Magic Potion
 
Relax, your taste in music isn't better than everybody elses just because you think nobody has heard the bands you've listed. I think 'Amputecture' by the Mars Volta blows every other album this year out of the water, but you don't hear me insulting everybody elses taste in music.
I can understand why these haven't been nominated yet. Light Grenades just came out, and The Crane Wife a little before that. I'm sure no one here has heard of the Apparitions, but The Decemberists is an extremely popular Indie band. I don't even have to say that everyone has heard of Incubus.

In my opinion, all of the albums listed previously that I have heard aren't very good and don't live up to past efforts.
 
Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny

I dont give a rats ass about anything else.
 
Wait, I change that, I do.

The Subways - Young for Eternity

I seriously doubt they are popular enough to win
 
Definitely missed a few here:

The Roots - Game Theory

The Black Keys - Magic Potion

I didn't even realize the Black Keys had come out with a new album this year, I'll definitely have to check that one out.

Good choice on Game Theory as well, the Roots are awesome.
 
The Mars Volta - Amputecture
Tech N9ne - Everready (The Religion) (Best rap album of 06')
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Black Label Society - Shot To Hell

I don't know why people nominated for the new RHCP album. That was a ****shingle along with Lamb Of God's "Sacrament" 2006 all and all wasn't a good year for music, IMO. Nothing really blew my mind.
 
I nominate

THE GAME--Doctor's Advocate

and

Jay-Z--Kingdom Come

and

T.I.--King
 
Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny

I dont give a rats ass about anything else.

This album was a hige let down, but it's hard to top their self-titled.
 
2nd nomination: Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
3rd: In Flames - Come Clarity
4th: Amorphis - Eclipse
 
Well, now that it's finally out, and has surpassed all of my expectations:

Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me

And since I've got some more to do...

Gym Class Heroes - As Cruel As School Children - Not as strong as their last album, but deserves success as a genre-crosser.

Fiery Furnaces - Bitter Tea - You hate 'em or love 'em. I love 'em.

Moneen - The Red Tree - These guys deserve more credit than they get, and get labelled unfairly. Plus, they're local!

I'll save my last one just in case.
 
Is there any way that I can take back my nomination for Jurassic 5's Feedback, since it was nominated in the post before mine, and pick another album?
 
I wish to nominate the Dramagods CD 'Love'. It's Nuno Bettencourt's new band. Sweet guitar oriented rock and roll.
 
Is there any way that I can take back my nomination for Jurassic 5's Feedback, since it was nominated in the post before mine, and pick another album?

Sure, go ahead. (Please others if you want to do this PM me.)
 
Well in that case, my final nomination is Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead, it's by far the best rap album from this year.
 
From this post you have:

11 days

Get those last few nominations in.
 
Ferry Corsten - L.E.F (Loud Electronic Ferocious)

Just one nomination, I don't need the other four.
 
Back