Best car for 750pp races?

• Thread starter randys
  • 34 comments
I only have 1 high PP car that's the Minolta Toyota it can win any race. It should be possible to win any of them in most race cars.

thanks, i have that one too..i wonder if the chaparral is good for those races

i can do well with the minolta but the changing of tires in the rain, the 2nd set of tires never seem to work so well etc

you can detune the FGT.. at 750pp still a beast.. and sadly it's the only way to drive it in carrer mode.. :yuck:

If I want to win easy I choose the Minolta. If I want to actually play the game, and feel like I'm racing, I choose my Exige Race Car with a PP of 557.

you can detune the FGT.. at 750pp still a beast.. and sadly it's the only way to drive it in carrer mode.. :yuck:

There should've really been a championship for it... I hope with Aryton Senna content we may have some F1 special events, and it won't be the new downgraded engines of today's F1 cars either :P

If I want to win easy I choose the Minolta. If I want to actually play the game, and feel like I'm racing, I choose my Exige Race Car with a PP of 557.
Sound a little full of yourself there, fella :P you have to be real good to do that, especially if you arent using any of the traction stuff

Out of all the le mans cars i've driven, the Peugeot 908 equipped with a mid-range turbo is the fastest by far. Has almost as much power as its rivals (1133bhp), but has a ridiculous amount of torque (206kgfm). It also seems to handle better than the other le mans cars. I use it pretty much exclusively for 750pp races now.

Regarding the FGT: how do you guys manage to do use it? I've tried it, but its just too slow detuned to have a chance of winning, even with its amazing handling.

Now that I think about, by far the cheapest way to win is in the Red Bull x2014 Jr, since all your opponents will be in them as well. If you can win the RB Jr championship without the benefit of tuning, you can certainly win with tuning.

Except of course for any race that needs headlights. I tried toughing it out in the dark around Spa, figuring I knew the track well enough to drive when it's a bit dark. Nope, you're driving in near pitch black conditions for a lot of the lap. Pretty much no visual cues at all unless you're around other cars that do have lights. :lol:

Regarding the FGT: how do you guys manage to do use it? I've tried it, but its just too slow detuned to have a chance of winning, even with its amazing handling.

Now that I think about, by far the cheapest way to win is in the Red Bull x2014 Jr, since all your opponents will be in them as well. If you can win the RB Jr championship without the benefit of tuning, you can certainly win with tuning.

Dunno why you found it so difficult. I've tried the FGT thing before and even heavily detuned and weighed down it still killed everything else out there.

And yeah the RB Jr thing is another easy way out, you don't even need to tune it.

Sound a little full of yourself there, fella :P you have to be real good to do that, especially if you arent using any of the traction stuff

My apologies sir, not at all, I just love the car, and it suits my driving style. I can easily beat all the 750PP races with the car, the only one I have issues with is the Nur because of the long straight, but I just block the one car that tries to freight train me and all is well haha.

An no, no driver aids :)

My apologies sir, not at all, I just love the car, and it suits my driving style. I can easily beat all the 750PP races with the car, the only one I have issues with is the Nur because of the long straight, but I just block the one car that tries to freight train me and all is well haha.

An no, no driver aids :)
cant find that car find elise in lotus but no exige

where?

cant find that car find elise in lotus but no exige

where?

PD has it listed incorrectly as an Elise, but it's clearly an Exige (which is a coupe version of an Elise). It's the green one. You'll notice that it comes with adjustable front and rear downforce :). I'll give you my settings if you would like them :).

so you are saying it is an Elise, not Elige as far as the dealership listing goes?

as far as settings , sure, if you want...i use a g27 wheel and without some assists i couldnt win one of those long races but if you want to share your settings, great

thanks

Yes, it is listed as a Racing Elise, but it is not, it's an Exige, which is a hard-top Elise. The blue Racing Elise at the dealership is truly an Elise. If you buy both and compare them, you will see an obvious difference.

Nissan R92CP did it for me, a bit of a challenge. There are some nice tunes in the tuning section, be sure to check the directory sticky.

Although now I am curious about @UltimateLurker doing this in the Elise/Exige would like to see the setup and/or video (picture). Well done if so...

OK, first, I had it wrong, the car I'm using is the '96 Lotus Elise Race Car, it's green at the dealership. The '99 Lotus Elise Race Car (actually an Exige), is blue at the dealership, and doesn't have one of the downforces (I think it's front).

And yes, with this car I can beat the 750PP cars pretty easily, but on the straights I have to block them or they'll come by me like I'm sitting still.

Settings are as follows:

PP = 577
HP = 303
KG = 645

Tires = Racing Hard

Suspension F/R:
RH = 80 / 90
SR = 5.32 / 9.60
DC = 4 / 4
DE = 4 / 4
ARB = 3 / 3
CAM = 0 / -1.8°
TA = 0 / .20
BB = 5 / 5

Trans max speed = 168
Diff = 10 / 40 / 20
Downforce = 150 / 460

I have saved a replay, but have no idea how to post it.

With these settings the car will easily out-handle everything, you just have to watch for them on the straights. Try Dream Car Nur to hone you skills!

Looking at it now, I'm racing this car in International A. No way I could beat the 24HR LeMans with it. Even though they are 750PP cars, it's a whole different ballgame. That track, the straights, no possible way. You'll need a really fast car, like the Minolta or the R92. I have beat it once with the FGT (was a PITA because I had to change all the settings on my TV just to see anything at night), but the Minolta is the car to use there.

For my opinion the best choise is Pescarolo Judd , very fast and easy to drive specially with Praiano tuning.
Ideal for "like the wind" .

Yes, it is listed as a Racing Elise, but it is not, it's an Exige, which is a hard-top Elise. The blue Racing Elise at the dealership is truly an Elise. If you buy both and compare them, you will see an obvious difference.
I don't think Lotus released the Exige until 2000 which would explain why it is listed as an Elise being a '99 model.

Looking at it now, I'm racing this car in International A. No way I could beat the 24HR LeMans with it. Even though they are 750PP cars, it's a whole different ballgame. That track, the straights, no possible way. You'll need a really fast car, like the Minolta or the R92. I have beat it once with the FGT (was a PITA because I had to change all the settings on my TV just to see anything at night), but the Minolta is the car to use there.
good to hear, otherwise i was gonna give up this game :lol:

i too find the minolta the best, problem is once i change tires it wont drive worth a crap, seems like that with most i wonder when they are gonna fix that

good to hear, otherwise i was gonna give up this game :lol:

i too find the minolta the best, problem is once i change tires it wont drive worth a crap, seems like that with most i wonder when they are gonna fix that

You know, the funny thing is that I tried the 24 last night with my little Lotus, and it was BAAADD lol, but the cool thing is that I don't have to pit. I can almost catch back up, but not quite. Now it's my goal to beat that race with my little Elise :)

You know, the funny thing is that I tried the 24 last night with my little Lotus, and it was BAAADD lol, but the cool thing is that I don't have to pit. I can almost catch back up, but not quite. Now it's my goal to beat that race with my little Elise :)

Interesting, going to have to purchase this car and give it a go. Usually prefer other cars than Lotus, although loving the premium Espirit V8.

@randys Chapparal 2J is a fun car also, cliche however.

I dont actually own a car thats tuned to 750pp (other than the FGT which has 0 purpose at this point!) I was going to try the 787b but share what you end up using!

Interesting, going to have to purchase this car and give it a go. Usually prefer other cars than Lotus, although loving the premium Espirit V8.

@randys Chapparal 2J is a fun car also, cliche however.

I dont actually own a car thats tuned to 750pp (other than the FGT which has 0 purpose at this point!) I was going to try the 787b but share what you end up using!
787b remind me what the full name of that is please

and the game intentionally has races with 750pp max allowable while offering NO cars that can tune UP to that level, gt5 had the same deal, it is intentional so we will spend our money buying cars LOL

was gonna try the chapparal but it is $4 million and unlike gt5 where i always had $20 mil in the bank, i dont now, not sure how to get the most money/points/credits the fastest on this one

787b remind me what the full name of that is please

and the game intentionally has races with 750pp max allowable while offering NO cars that can tune UP to that level, gt5 had the same deal, it is intentional so we will spend our money buying cars LOL

was gonna try the chapparal but it is $4 million and unlike gt5 where i always had $20 mil in the bank, i dont now, not sure how to get the most money/points/credits the fastest on this one

Mazda 787b and there is a stealth not sure what the tag is on it (not in front of the game.)

For money (bang for your buck) try the Corvette c06 LM Race Car in GT5 the Vette ZR1 LM Race Car was epic. I actually think in GT6 the C06 is better, for me at least.

Havent gotten into many 650pp+ range...

Edit:
Check some threads on best money grinding, Like the Wind seems like a popular event for $/min. Red Bull Challenge pays well. I personally grind here and there but I like to change it up a bit and run some other events in I-A. I will take a look sometime and see some fun races for good money.

Last edited:
i cant get mine below 855 or something like that, are you talking about the one that starts at 949 pp or whatever?
Formula Gran Turismo in the Gran Turismo Dealership.

It starts out 830 something (not 100%) but definitely detunable to 750.

Back