Best car for Le Mans 30 minute 700 race?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So far I have been beating this race fairly easily in the Genesis G70 Gr.4 with minor adjustments. However, are there any other cars that are any better to do this race in? I was thinking maybe of getting the Toyota Supra GT500 97 but is it actually worth it if I already have a car that I can comfortably win the race with? Would the difference be noticeable or fairly similar? 1.8 mil is a lot to spend simply for a few seconds of time difference.

I have been using the Alfa Giulia GTAm upgraded to 700pp , start the race on inters , set the power to around 510bhp and weight to around 1250kg , gear it to around 330kmh and lift and coast, set to fuel 6 and lift and coast in the braking zones, easy money when you need it. No tyre swaps needed, 1 maybe 2 fuel stops depending how your coasting goes :)

So far I have been beating this race fairly easily in the Genesis G70 Gr.4 with minor adjustments. However, are there any other cars that are any better to do this race in? I was thinking maybe of getting the Toyota Supra GT500 97 but is it actually worth it if I already have a car that I can comfortably win the race with? Would the difference be noticeable or fairly similar? 1.8 mil is a lot to spend simply for a few seconds of time difference.
I can get you the proper spec if it helps ?

20230224_160415.jpg

Easiest? FT1500A with rain tires, full weight dialed to the front, 70% power, 70% limiter, play with wing setting a bit, every other setting stock, could just made 700pp. Usually can take the lead after the first lap at fuel map 6, and as you start with rain tire you don’t need to concern when rain come. Pit in right before finishing the 4th lap for tires and fuel. If lots of rain the gap with the 2nd car could be over 3 minutes, and that could allow me to stop right before the finish line at the 7th lap and wait for the clock to run down to zero then finish. Otherwise 8 laps would finish. Easiest 825k per round. I made millions.

Last edited:
It depends...to you want to win easely or do you like a little challenge ?

Many Gr4 cars can win and pretty much all cars of higher categories can win easely when tuned down...

I have to try out your tune...when i used the Giulia it is really quick, but fuel management was difficult,a three lap stint only worked with FM6 and lots of coasting...when it stays dry for the whole race, I have problems with catching up because I coasted so much on the first 3 laps and loose much time on the leader(s), although the car is really fast in the 2 lap stints with FM1...(I usally do one 3 lap stint first and then two 2 lap stints if the weather/rain allows that strategy)

I've actually never done this race - I resort to the WTC600 at Tokyo and the WTC800 at Sardegna as my money-makers. However, one thing remains true for any of these races - if you down-tune a car that has a stock PP higher than the limit in the race, you're in with a strong chance of a win.

Eg. Sardegna requires you to use fully tuned Gr.3 cars, or down-tuned Gr.2 cars, and latter win by absolutely miles, even with the same PP rating.

Any of the Gr.3 cars should be capable of a win, and buying the Supra GT500 isn't a bad idea, considering it'll pay itself off in three races and it's a great car to own!

For a minimum of tuning, take any Gr.3 car that is close to 700PP to begin with, and downtune to the limit with either ballast or ECU. No other setup changes needed.

Since the car will not have much less power than default, it will still have decent speed on straights, and it will be much quicker through corners than the Gr.4 opposition. You should be able to run 3 laps on full power, and depending on the car, reducing engine mode a little you will be able to squeeze out 4.

If it rains, you might not have to save fuel at all, just come in when rain is approaching (weather comes in VERY fast and usually lap 2/3, so pit when you see it appearing on the radar). I always only use Wets and RH, but if you feel comfortable also in harder rain with IMs, you can just as well use those.

If it doesn't really rain and you can go with 1 pitstop, you might be quick enough so that you can wait before the finish line in order to avoid an 8th lap.

Better start on slicks and keep a good eye on the weather radar.
It has enough pace in hand to run inters without destroying them, saves you changing tyres when it rains, less risk of terminal aquaplaning middle of the lap caught out on slicks :D

I have to try out your tune...when i used the Giulia it is really quick, but fuel management was difficult,a three lap stint only worked with FM6 and lots of coasting...when it stays dry for the whole race, I have problems with catching up because I coasted so much on the first 3 laps and loose much time on the leader(s), although the car is really fast in the 2 lap stints with FM1...(I usally do one 3 lap stint first and then two 2 lap stints if the weather/rain allows that strategy)
I basically coast the last 500yrds of both main straights, and then the second right kink (in the bends that follow the second main back straight) I lift and coast all the way down into the tight 2nd gear left, 1st gear right......lots of fuel saving potential , I can usually manage to do the race on 2 stops no bother, usually I have a massive lead as well which just allows even more coasting as needed as well tbh.

Is the pit time here conducive to a 3-stop? How much time do you lose fuel-saving versus pit time? I would have thought fuel-saving by short shifting and running in higher gears, plus loads of lift/coast would be quicker overall than running faster laps with an extra stop.

IMO the easiest car to win with is the DTM Alfa Romeo, the 155 2.5 V6 TI '93. Give it a medium boost turbo, then detune and go for it. This race car has AWD so it makes quick work of any rain events.

I've also won quite easily with a stock 2017 Ford GT. Add RH tires and detune the engine to get below the 700PP limit.

For both of these options you have to play with fuel trim during the race but both are quite easy to win with. In fact I've never lost with either of them.

I think there is not such a thing like " best car " in that race ,a race that used to race just for griding and that's all.
Many cars can compete there with 100% success , fast cars ,slower cars ,easy cars or difficult cars .
No matter how fast you are it depends on the AI ( and weather) if you will run close to 30 min. or close to 32 etc.
Its mostly what are you looking for, you want challenge? You want " safety" ? You run in difficult mode or an easy one ? and many other things anyone want .
I try this race with different cars but the most " worry free" is what i use from the beginning.
I took the nissan motul ( 16 ) ,put intermediate tyres all the way and FM 6 from the beginning.
Its easy to get 6 or 7 laps without pit and without worries about rain and when .
The setup is slow on straights but you get your blood back during the final section cause can go flat out.
Lapping at 4.31 ,more or less and its easy to finish under 32 min.
Of course is on easy mode , try it once on hard and couldn't win ,end up third .
Settings are like this
IMG_20230101_200424754_HDR.jpg

And when weather helps i challenge my self for faster lap and faster race if silly 0.500 penalties not applied.

That's my option for that race and for me is quite enjoyable mostly cause the grip its outstanding with or without rain ( not heavy rain ) and you just drive .

I use a 911 Gr3 (because I use it regularly anyway).
RH and some ballast and it's easy.
Then I dial it back to 3 on fuel.

Is the pit time here conducive to a 3-stop? How much time do you lose fuel-saving versus pit time? I would have thought fuel-saving by short shifting and running in higher gears, plus loads of lift/coast would be quicker overall than running faster laps with an extra stop.
I play with auto-transmission, so short shifting is not that easy...but a three stop strategy usually never works(sometimes it does with heavy rain), two stops works with almost all cars I use(usually road cars with racing tunes and racing customization), but some need a lot of coasting in that 3 lap stint

There are so many cars you can use for this race and most of them are easy wins as long as you have a good pit strategy to account for the weather and fuel use of the car you are using. Because of this my simple answer is whichever car you have the most fun or enjoyment using.
My personal favorites tend to be Gr.B cars and de-tuned Gr.2 cars as they are the fastest to complete with only 1 stop needed. But there are plenty of road cars I enjoy here as well, but they require more frequent pit stops for fuel.

You lose 35secs between the entry to the pit lane and before you even actually see the car appear next time in the pit lane and actually stop, overall stopped time is around 50secs....

I need to try this!!!!
It's the most efficient car for grinding outside of the 800PP Escudo tunes for Sardegna IMO, you can even run the whole race in FM1 if you shift at about 50-75% RPMs. The car is pretty twitchy in the rain though so watch out for that if you drive with TCS off as even with it on it's still twitchy.

The Honda RA272 is the best option for Le Mans 700, fit it with a medium Turbo and Racing Hards + Racing Wets for when/if it rains.
I agree 100%,i can get just short of 10 laps of fuel and i can do the race on one set of hards,so its easy to get a no stopper with this car and at least a two min lead on the following car.I have had 211mph out of it down Mulsanne.Its now my go to car for Le Mans.I do hope we will get more open wheel cars of this era,there are so many brilliant cars of that time.Previously i was using the Ferrari 330 P4 which is also worth racing.If you want a challenge try the Aston DB3s.

IMO the easiest car to win with is the DTM Alfa Romeo, the 155 2.5 V6 TI '93. Give it a medium boost turbo, then detune and go for it. This race car has AWD so it makes quick work of any rain events.

I've also won quite easily with a stock 2017 Ford GT. Add RH tires and detune the engine to get below the 700PP limit.

For both of these options you have to play with fuel trim during the race but both are quite easy to win with. In fact I've never lost with either of them.
Can I get your setup for the Alfa Romeo please? Sorry, a GT7 casual here trying to get more into the tuning side etc of the game!

Last edited:
Aston Martin VGT detuned, or the Aventador. This last one is quite fun to use, and very fast on straights. You can get to 1st place in the first lap if you are good enough. You have to be careful with fuel management though, FM needs to be on 4-5.

I use the Aston Martin VGT as well you get up to 190 mph down the Mulsanne. I usually win by large margin. The new Honda is good as is the 787 b

Back