Best car for Le Mans 30 minute 700 race?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So far I have been beating this race fairly easily in the Genesis G70 Gr.4 with minor adjustments. However, are there any other cars that are any better to do this race in? I was thinking maybe of getting the Toyota Supra GT500 97 but is it actually worth it if I already have a car that I can comfortably win the race with? Would the difference be noticeable or fairly similar? 1.8 mil is a lot to spend simply for a few seconds of time difference.

Supra, nsx and skyline are my go to cars...I usually pit after lap 2 and put inters on and gas same after lap 4... Depending on the rain I can go 6 laps but without rain 7 laps...I need to tune other cars besides the Japan cars but just to lazy to tune something else lol

View attachment 1236020
View attachment 1236021
View attachment 1236022

You can start on Mediums as well, as you can see, but then you often end up having to tip toe in the wet , easier to just start on the inters tbh :)

Thanks for this! Just used it and had to crawl the last half-lap on 7, but had a huge lead; could've pitted on 6, but didn't (wasn't sure what the other cars would do). It barely rained and I had medium tires on the whole way.

I used lean (6) fuel management. I didn't realize I'd be spending $300k on the setup, but obviously it's worth it when you make $825k on the race; plus the Aston Martin doesn't break the bank at $220k. Thanks again!
View attachment 1236020
View attachment 1236021
View attachment 1236022

You can start on Mediums as well, as you can see, but then you often end up having to tip toe in the wet , easier to just start on the inters tbh :)

Just realized I'm ending up doing seven laps, which is tough because it's very tough managing fuel for three laps here. I works a lot better if you can go slow enough to just do six laps. I don't love driving that slow though...

Last edited:
Same, it is normally just the final stint I do some lift and coast, always on F6, with a lead of 45secs to 60secs it makes it really easy at least, if the AI have a bad time in the weather I have often found myself nearly 2mins in the lead at the end as well !

Running inters for the whole race no change is an option as well btw....

Because of the weather variation in this race I have not found myself getting bored with this race yet, thankfully, as I will never buy the credits I need to get the cars I want to drive ingame :D

I’ve been enjoying the Ferrari 330 P4 stock with Priano’s suspension settings and slightly detuned power. Priano’s tune calls for a turbo and that probably drastically improves the gas mileage but I love the sound it makes when it’s close to stock.

Because of the weather variation in this race I have not found myself getting bored with this race yet, thankfully, as I will never buy the credits I need to get the cars I want to drive ingame :D

Try the $1,000,000 WTC800 at Spa Francorchamps if you want a fun rain race. If you get wets at the right time you'll blow the other racers away and it's a fantastic track.

I’ve been enjoying the Ferrari 330 P4 stock with Priano’s suspension settings and slightly detuned power. Priano’s tune calls for a turbo and that probably drastically improves the gas mileage but I love the sound it makes when it’s close to stock.
You might like to try my tune for it,it is normally aspirated and you can nudge 170 on lean.

So far I have been beating this race fairly easily in the Genesis G70 Gr.4 with minor adjustments. However, are there any other cars that are any better to do this race in? I was thinking maybe of getting the Toyota Supra GT500 97 but is it actually worth it if I already have a car that I can comfortably win the race with? Would the difference be noticeable or fairly similar? 1.8 mil is a lot to spend simply for a few seconds of time difference.
If the race is fairly easy to win in that car, how would you define a "better" car? One that does more laps? One that does less pit stops? One that finishes the race at exactly 30 minutes?

If the race is fairly easy to win in that car, how would you define a "better" car? One that does more laps? One that does less pit stops? One that finishes the race at exactly 30 minutes?
For me it’s being as close to 30mins as possible.

if I was the timekeeper for this race though I’d make it a 30min + 1 lap

I’ve been trying lots of GT3 cars on inters and trying to one stop. The McLaren has been really good on fuel I’ve found

For me it’s being as close to 30mins as possible.

if I was the timekeeper for this race though I’d make it a 30min + 1 lap

I’ve been trying lots of GT3 cars on inters and trying to one stop. The McLaren has been really good on fuel I’ve found
Well, the Celica rally car can get 7 laps done with about 15 seconds left in the race, so if you are okay sitting at the finish line for a short bit, I would recommend it. 1 stopper on FM6. 4:03 is my fastest lap time on that fuel map.

Well, the Celica rally car can get 7 laps done with about 15 seconds left in the race, so if you are okay sitting at the finish line for a short bit, I would recommend it. 1 stopper on FM6. 4:03 is my fastest lap time on that fuel map.
Sounds good! I shall give that a go

It's probably not the "best car" for the Le Mans WTC 700, but it is an easy win and fun to drive:

The engine swapped De Lorean:
Set the engine control to 70, the power restrictor to 80, added almost maximum downforce at the back and medium for the front and got all three weight restructions, the usual racing tune ups(breaks, suspension, transmission,gear box, exhaust system)...plus the engine balance tuning and the racing crankshaft. I stiffened the suspension a bit and lowered the front a little
With RH tires it comes to 698PP.
Other than the Roadster Shop Rampage with the same engine it is much better with the fuel consumption because of lesser weight(140 kg less):FM5 will last for 3 laps and FM1 for the 2-lappers...and even with FM5 it will go more than 300km/h on the straights(it will even reach the 300km/h mark in heavy rain with full wet tires without spinning out), lap times below 4:15 are no problem when it is dry even below 4:10 is possible

And as I already mentioned:it is really fun to drive...
de lorean jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
It's probably not the "best car" for the Le Mans WTC 700, but it is an easy win and fun to drive:

Set the engine control to 70, the power restrictor to 80, added almost maximum downforce at the back and medium for the front and got all three weight restructions, the usual racing tune ups(breaks, suspension, transmission,gear box, exhaust system...plus the engine balance tuning and the racing crankshaft. I stiffened the suspension a bit and lowered the front a little
Other than the Roadster Shop Rampage with the same engine it is much better with the fuel consumption because of lesser weight(140 kg less):FM5 will last for 3 laps and FM1 for the 2-lappers...and even with FM5 it will go more than 300km/h on the straights(it will even reach the 300km/h mark in heavy rain with full wet tires without spinning out), lap times below 4:15 are no problem when it is dry even below 4:10 is possible

View attachment 1238206
Now that is cool!

Try the DP100 Vision GT this car is broken for this event its super fast on FM6 it handles better on IM tires then most GT3 cars on RM tires this car is the true meaning of OP and broken.

Last edited:
RA272 hands down. The only 'upgrade' I've applied is RM tyres. Top speed doesn't matter that much and doing 7 or 8 laps neither.
It's so much fun driving that car around Sarthe and wins easily. I've had better results with other cars, but nothing beats the fun I got out of the RA272.
I drive from cockpit view and the dude looks super chill cornering one hand on the wheel. 😄

RA272 hands down. The only 'upgrade' I've applied is RM tyres. Top speed doesn't matter that much and doing 7 or 8 laps neither.
It's so much fun driving that car around Sarthe and wins easily. I've had better results with other cars, but nothing beats the fun I got out of the RA272.
I drive from cockpit view and the dude looks super chill cornering one hand on the wheel. 😄
Agreed. Great car.

Another one-handed drift:

99868-3540d48073448531d9ac643974faabb9.jpg

I'd love the chance to buy the Celica Rally Car......but, ya know......design choices and all that ?? :D

Try the DP100 Vision GT this car is broken for this event its super fast on FM6 it handles better on IM tires then most GT3 cars on RM tires this car is the true meaning of OP and broken.
I totally forgot about this car and had never driven it, so I pulled it out of the garage for the first time and found it to be very similar to running the Gr.B cars at this race, with a few differences. DP100 gets better fuel mileage and handles the chicanes better than Gr.B, but unfortunately has fixed AWD system and you have to use IM or Wets to run at full power. I tried once at lower power and RH and once full power on IM. Also noticed the gearing isn’t exactly ideal if running higher FM to maximize fuel; it hangs in 4th forever down the straights.
Overall slower than Gr.B and inferior in the rain, but still capable of finishing at 6 laps and right at 30 mins.

Best? Probably a detuned Gr 1 car. Anything Group 4 and up can win, though. However, I've found this is THE race for highly tuned "normal" cars. Gobs of them can own it. I even tried with the Raptor and pulled off 5th place (that is one very thirsty truck!). My favorite is probably the Trans Am, but if I'm in a no nonsense mood, I'll no stop it with a 787B. That same car can no stop the 1 hour Spa race on RH and FM6 but you'll be taking it slow during the rain.
If you're looking to buy a car for it, get the Red Bull Junior and IM tires. If you can afford two sets of tires, get RH and Wets instead, adding IM if you can afford them. Later on add a turbo if you want.
Another viable option you may have is the F-XX-K. If so, finish tuning it and try for the Le Mans 700. You'll need to keep a hawk's eye on the fuel and the traction batteries (green bar on the gas gauge). I've won by stopping every two laps for gas and going easy on the accelerator. If you floor it, it'll use both fuel and electricity for a higher top speed and better acceleration. On the other hand if you press the gas slowly until the green arrow disappears from the fuel gauge, you can let off just a bit and generate some electricity. The best bet is to run the green bar half to three quarters full so the electricity generated during braking has someplace to go. On the final lap you don't need to save electricity so let it rip. The Ferrari does not have turbo generators in the exhaust but some of the other hybrids do.
That strategy will work with any hybrid that can win the race...some can't no matter how much you tune them. It will also work on the Group 1 hybrids at Road Atlanta, but winning that with the F-XX-K is beyond my skill level. Keep in mind there that if you use nitrous, it will increase fuel consumption, but setting FM1 plus nitrous and engaging MG 1 and 2 as motors will produce quite a boost! Bye bye fuel!!

Last edited:
I'll no stop it with a 787B. That same car can no stop the 1 hour Spa race on RH and FM6 but you'll be taking it slow during the rain.
I would love to try a 787B, but ya know, design choices......never had the chance to buy one, no doubt when it appears I won't have enough money either - ironically when you would probably like to own it to do the grind races :D

will gladly do a couple of races for it, never seen it to buy it tho sadly...glad to know it is affordable tho , thanks.
Well, it will come back soon enough. There are better cars in the game, though. I mean, yeah the 787b is good but you need to keep the revs way up on it to have great acceleration. If I'm wanting to race the 800pp events I have started running the Gr.2 cars on them. The '08 NSX and the '08 SC400 are beasts. Only 800k as well. Buy some tires, a turbo and unleash hell.

Well, it will come back soon enough. There are better cars in the game, though. I mean, yeah the 787b is good but you need to keep the revs way up on it to have great acceleration. If I'm wanting to race the 800pp events I have started running the Gr.2 cars on them. The '08 NSX and the '08 SC400 are beasts. Only 800k as well. Buy some tires, a turbo and unleash hell.
787b has a real interest to me, which is kinda what makes this whole thing so frustrating tbh.

Set the engine control to 70, the power restrictor to 80, added almost maximum downforce at the back and medium for the front and got all three weight restructions, the usual racing tune ups(breaks, suspension, transmission,gear box, exhaust system)...plus the engine balance tuning and the racing crankshaft. I stiffened the suspension a bit and lowered the front a little

View attachment 1238206
That's one helluva livery you've got there! Bravo.

Latest Posts

Back