Best car/track combinations?

• Thread starter Winnie847
  • 32 comments
United States
Austin, TX USA
Winnie847
Big thanks to the people who create the one-make Sport mode races, because if it weren't for them I would have never thought to try out some of these cars on the tracks they assigned.

In fact, my favorite combination so far is on a track that I absolutely hate under other circumstances.

Driving the Suzuki Swift Sport on Big Willow: Horse Thief Mile was a huge unexpected pleasure in my opinion. Something about front wheel drive in a small, light, zippy compact makes it fit just right and hug those corners perfectly without slipping off into the sand. I imagine this would hold true for other models of FF in a similar class, but this one has been the best for me on this track. If you hate this track, like most do, try the Swift Sport on it and get back to me.

Another honorable mention is the Toyota 2000GT 1967 on Maggiore West. The way the weight shifts is just right for the speed you carry into those corners, a match made in N200 heaven.

What are your favorite car & track combinations that might be surprising? I'm now committed to trying all kinds of random combinations that I normally wouldn't. Let me know what you got.

Peugeot gr3 vgt and tokyo east loop is obviously a combo. After that you just check what the "aliens" (quickest guys) are racing on daily race leaderboards.

Thanks! I'll try it out. I've been driving that car a little bit on other tracks recently and enjoy it.

My favorite so far on the Tokyo Expressway circuits has been the Renault Gr.3. In fact, most mid-engine cars with manageable oversteer should fly in Tokyo.

I tried the new Gr.2 NSX in Tokyo yesterday and it blew me away!

After the 1.15 Update im totaly in love with the Nismo GTR on Tsukuba. I love the hard acceleration, the heavy breaking and the bit of oversteer all over the track.

Are you talking about the new 2017 GTR that came with the update? It's N600 I think. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll get on it asap.

Super GT at the Maggiore Centre II layout. Nice elevation changes and quick lap. Set conditions to 9:30am.

By Super GT are you talking about the new Gr.2 cars? I played with them for a day straight and wow, they are insane fast and agile. I'll try on Maggiore Center 2.

Suzuki Swift at Nordschleife :dopey:

Ha! I laughed out loud at this, but I'll try it for sure. I also laughed when I saw the Swift on my favorite daily race ever. Now I love it.

Thanks for the input everyone, I'm going to try all of these.

By Super GT are you talking about the new Gr.2 cars? I played with them for a day straight and wow, they are insane fast and agile. I'll try on Maggiore Center 2.

Ha! I laughed out loud at this, but I'll try it for sure. I also laughed when I saw the Swift on my favorite daily race ever. Now I love it.

Thanks for the input everyone, I'm going to try all of these.
Yes. AI on Professional and start from 20th. Let me know if you can get in the top 10 in a 10 minute race. ;)

SuperGT on Tsukuba. It's surprisingly hard to keep those beasts on track :D

The R32 on Suzuka is a fun one too. You really can't just throw it into a corner and hope for the best, oh nonono. You gotta think far ahead and plan out how you shift the weight going from one turn to the other. The feeling of satisfaction when you nail it is fulfilling!

Toyota 2000GT 1967 on Maggiore West.
This sounds fun just by thinking about it. I will try this one out for sure!
I took the 2000GT for a spin around the Horse Thief Mile once, thinking it's a match made in heaven, but it wasn't very fun at all. Maggiore West seems to be a better choice for sure.

Alpine A110 1609 @ Blue Moon Bay inner course.

Have you ever seen the AI driving one of these cars in that track? Holy **** they can haul ass on the corners!

458 Italia GT3 at Tokyo
Audi TT Cup at Brands Hatch
GT-R Gr.2 at Suzuka

I second the 458 but in that car it's tough estimating where to shift in cockpit view, no HUD. The rpm gauge has a very low contrast with the background and you can barely see it. :banghead:

This sounds fun just by thinking about it. I will try this one out for sure!
I took the 2000GT for a spin around the Horse Thief Mile once, thinking it's a match made in heaven, but it wasn't very fun at all. Maggiore West seems to be a better choice for sure.

Yes give it a try! Also I can’t say enough about trying the Swift at Horse Thief. I usually dislike driving the tiny cars but you kind of get the feeling that the car and the track were meant for each other. Let me know what you think.

Alpine A110 1609 @ Blue Moon Bay inner course.

Have you ever seen the AI driving one of these cars in that track? Holy **** they can haul ass on the corners!

Now this is what I’m talking about. A weird combo that I probably wouldn’t have thought to try. I mean, I love Gr.3 and the new Gr.2 but I’ve tried almost every one of them on every track and while some fit better than others, they all fit pretty well onto most layouts because of their high level performance. The Alpine performs well, but isn’t easy to tame. Definitely trying this, thanks.

Another one that caught me off guard was the 911 Gr.3 on Interlagos, but the key is you have to turn the horsepower all the way down. I forget how low it goes, like 440-ish I think.

I joined a Brazilian lobby the other day and as soon as I beat everyone’s fastest lap he changed the settings to lowest HP possible and I think it was Racing Soft tires. Tune your top speed accordingly and this becomes one of the funnest combos to drive. I love Interlagos myself (unlike many) and race it often so it was a nice change. With this lower power but still great handling you can take the twisty parts of the track without braking very much at all and you just float through there. It’s wonderful.

I know Blue Moon gets a lot of hate around here, but it's my favorite track so I'll throw my 2 cents in. If it's a daily, it's generally GR3 cars, so;

Lancer Evo GR3 - My favorite car. Super fast, tons of grip exiting (all 2 1/2 corners).

F-Type GR3 - An ass-hair faster than the Lancer Evo, but slides a bit out of the corners if you're not careful. I see a lot of drivers smack the walls in this. I use this to qualify if I need to shave a couple tenths or even hundredths off my time if I'm trying to be among the top Q times. I race in the Evo though (mostly).

FT-1 - I see this on the leaderboards a lot, but I never use it. I've never given it a fair chance, I hate the way it looks.

There's a few other cars than can hang on Blue Moon if they can stay in the draft, but the 3 listed above seem to be most popular/fastest in general.

Redbull X2014 standard and Yamagiwa + Miyabi layout.

The Redbull is amazing in Lago Maggiore but it understeers like a minivan at the hairpin of death or whatever we call that turn.

Back