Best car you've experienced so far.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Casey
  • 101 comments
  • 10,611 views
Post update, the GT350 for sure. Now that I can actually hear the thing there's a lot less guess work into trying to actually race the thing. I listen for my shift points, so when I can't hear my engine over the car next to mine it makes things a little tough, so I wasn't too fond of it outside of hotlapping before.

That, and the fixed engine audio is super intense and I love it. It's also surprisingly balanced and sharp in S class. I've just gotta keep tuning it to get the back to stop swinging around on the slow, tight corners and it'll be perfect.
 
Post update, the GT350 for sure. Now that I can actually hear the thing there's a lot less guess work into trying to actually race the thing. I listen for my shift points, so when I can't hear my engine over the car next to mine it makes things a little tough, so I wasn't too fond of it outside of hotlapping before.

That, and the fixed engine audio is super intense and I love it. It's also surprisingly balanced and sharp in S class. I've just gotta keep tuning it to get the back to stop swinging around on the slow, tight corners and it'll be perfect.

They really need to add that slider back that allows you to turn down the volume of the AI cars. I have driven several cars thus far that were a problem when in a pack of other cars making it much more difficult to shift properly. In some of them you could be bouncing on the rev limiter and not even know it unless you look at the tac or speedo
 
I'm not a fan of the 'hypercars'. They fall into the twitch class car that requires a Red Bull before you drive.

Saying that I just completed a hypercar round in the Lamborghini Veneno which is a bit of an underdog in this class, no hybrid power, no boosted motor, just a V12 and very light weight.

Still, did a very good fist at this, a few 1st places, even lapped half the field in one race, got roundly defeated by the infamous rabbit AI on a few tracks, mostly 2nds.

The car is wayy down on power, I mean you get used to getting jumped out of corners by the Veyrons and Huayras and Koenigs... you aint gonna beat these roll racing kings.

Oddly didnt have a huge issue with the LaFerrari and Mac P1.

Still, Veneno is a wonderful handler and competant braking car so as long as you work around the lack of power, the race is mostly yours.
 
I love driving the Veneno, or just about any other Lambo.
 
I was rather surprised by the Jalpa. I haven't driven it much yet but it seems to have potential.
I agree, I have one set to D-Class and it does amazingly well. Has a good top speed and handles good too. I think I might bring it into the higher classes.
 
In my quest to get a time for every stock car on Lime Rock, I've found the Defender 90 to be an absolute blast. Sure, it's slow, but it feels about 3/4 of its quoted 3900lb weight, with quick turn in and a planted stance. The 4WD has it exiting corners with a lot of speed too.

The X1/9, judged solely on its lap time versus PI rating, is quite impressive too. You'd never guess it was so weak!
 
Had two weird experiences.

Finished all the Formula E races in my free Virgin Racing Renault whatever it is. Racing for Richard Branson was my dream!

Car is strangely fun on SOME circuits, eg. Rio where the handling and incredible brakes can be used and the low speed acceleration makes battles fun.

Giant waste of time on Le Mans and the ovals. But glad I dont have to do that crap ever again.

I like the 1970s F1 cars. The McLaren is my go-to after using it in F5. I like these things... 750kg? 3 litre V12 with 'only' 400hp.

They are quick-ish but they tap out at something like 160mph? 275km? Not that fast but very analog to drive.

So I try out my free JPS Special Lotus 79... this was in GT6 I believe? Driven by Senna? Actually I dont think the same. That was 1983? This is earlier. That car sucks with its turbo 1.5 four or v6 or whatever. Very peaky.

I used this n/a Lotus and its fun as hell on the Rio track. Very very poor suspension compliance so you are constantly thrown around and your throttle sometimes goes sideways due to the undulations but this isnt uncommon with most of the race cars here.

I'm also not the fastest here. This AI level has the ONE guy killing me. 3rd guy is on my tail. This is the intro 5 lap race so its long (well long in Forza terms).

I chose badly so the gears are too long so I'm down to 1st on some corners. Also I made it hard by running no aids. full damage etc. so one bad move and my race is done. I am constantly fighting the steering. But we race with what we have at the time. Also this game gets you "into the zone" where you know every corner, every gear and react accordingly. Its beautiful like that.

I'm in 2nd until the last half of the 5th lap and the 1st guy Ferrari gets thrown off by a bad undulation and clouts the wall. I see in the mirrors the 3rd guy hitting the 1st guy. LOL. The rabbit AI gets undone.

I finish 1st while the two limp into the pits. To cap it all off I level to 100 AND I meatspin ONE MILLION DORRARS.

Thanks Turn 10. Your almost human rabbit AI and poker machine made someone very happy. Save that video in one of the precious 10 slots to view my magnificence in the future.
 
I like the Ferrari NART. Drives very nicely for such a powerful rear-drive car. No drama :cool:
 
A car I find underrated and good fun to drive is the Mazda 3.

Can't explain it but I just really enjoy driving it.
 
I agree, I have one set to D-Class and it does amazingly well. Has a good top speed and handles good too. I think I might bring it into the higher classes.

I used this in the C-Class ghost league a couple of weeks back and did quite well with it(picked up fair number of wins too). My set-up was quite basic so I think if someone was to put a little effort into the build and tune they could probably make it competitive, ugly car though.
 
I finished up Can Am and my first impression is correct. The Nissan R382 is the best.

I got two cars free, the Lola and McLaren and they are pretty ok cars but the way I tune then I cant get the gearbox in it so you're fixed with the std. gearbox.

The Nissan has no restrictions and worse still, its the fastest and the handling is the best even though, numerically its the same.

The worst car though is the Chapparal which I expected to be good going on the 2D 2J reputation. No top end power but plenty of low range power, terrible handling.

I kinda think there should be a kind of class guide to the cars although the characteristics can be tuned out to a degree.
 
This probably changes on a day to day basis but I'm always impressed by the BMW 3.0 CSL, exceptional handling and quite easy to drive, it also doesn't hurt that it looks absolutely fantastic.

But then I got my tune for the BMW M1 Procar figured out... Wow what a car, the handling puts the 3.0 CSL to shame and with this no one else stands a chance, it's only let down is top speed but by then you're so far ahead that's not really an issue.

I'll have to try out some of the cars you guys have been mentioning to add to my already too large collection.
 
The Cunningham 300ZX is tricky to drive but it's awesome when you get it right. (Driving it with no upgrades). Sounds awesome too.
 
Hard to pick one. All the vintage race cars are a blast to drive. So are the modern race cars. And a lot of cars that aren't race cars at all. What can I say? I never denied the fact that I am overenthusiastic about cars.

But I have to say, I probably got the most miles out of the Lotus 77, aka "the dog", as Mario Andretti called it. Looks like almost forty years of experience helped our knowledge of minute suspension adjustment a lot, because it doesn't drive like one.

A second close would be just about any V8 Supercar - they are great looking, great sounding and great handling cars, and I am using the Holden around Bathurst to re-learn how to feather the throttle and control oversteer. When I'll do 2:09s regularly I'll consider my pace "good enough".

Oh, and the GT3 SLS sounds like Thor's own racecar.

P.S: I wish I could say I knew how to make the early 3-litres F1 cars fly, but alas I am no John Surtees, and the fact that I seem to favor heavy V12 powered lumps of steel surely doesn't help.
 
After driving most of the cars in the game, I have to change my original reply from the Ford Capri race car to the Ferrari 312T. That thing is extremely fun to drive.

07_21116_02.jpg
 
I had a blast in a Volvo 123GT from last month's Logitech DLC pack once it was tuned to the next car class up. Wonderfully stable and grippy even on a wet Sebring.
 
Last edited:
Has to be the BAC Mono. Such a beast of an A class car.
 
I know I've replied before, but let me just say that if you haven't tried the McLaren M23, you're doing yourself a serious disservice. The M23 is EASILY one of my favorite cars in the game. It's easy to learn to drive, it's loud, it's fast, it handles like a dream, and throwing it around Sonoma and other twisty tracks feels so...right.
 
I've been ignoring the Can-Am cars so far - not intentionally, there's just so much else to do - but I just started my final career league in the McLaren. The sound of the grid during the countdown, oh my.

This thing is so much fun to drive. The performance envelop has such soft edges, despite it being so light and powerful, that you can absolutely steer it with the throttle as you so choose, picking whatever angle you'd like for the next turn. Paired with that soundtrack, it's hard not to love.

(EDIT) Well this should prove interesting, the series just took us to our first wet race...
 
Last edited:
I haven't even touched the 'GT3' cars, really nothing with downforce. But, so far the 599GTO has been a standout at spa in the wet. Just awesome how you can feel the nose of the car go light around 140+.

I own an E36 M3 IRL so it's interesting to see their take on it. I picked up a pair of 7.1 headphones the other day as well.
 
I never found the 599 or the F12 that great. The tuned 599 is about on par with the F12... I mean 700hp, 1,5 ton car, rwd. The thing is a monster if driven well, very very hard if you cant handle it.

But they both are beaten by the free orange Avendator. I wish the car wasnt that good but it is in Forza.
 
Have to agree , the 599 is a real fast car, amazing.
 
I've been ignoring the Can-Am cars so far - not intentionally, there's just so much else to do - but I just started my final career league in the McLaren. The sound of the grid during the countdown, oh my.

So I'm not the only one who unintentionally left the best for last, huh?

Doing the Can-Am league in the Simonitz Special. Ain't she purrdy. Quite fast, too. The brakes aren't all that effective, but it has loads of grip, and loads of torque to come out of the corners at speeds that, in a car so unrefined, are mind-boggling.

It also sounds like Detroit's V8 Symphonic Orchestra's playing in the back, and you're directing with a pedal instead of a couple of silly-looking sticks. The soundtrack's something the 917/30 Turbopanzer won't be able to compete with, if it will be added in the PEP.
 
Do you guys race the Can Am class in careers stock?

The problem I found is the 855pp made it so the Nissan was the best bet for me... you could add the brakes and the easy handling made it a clear winner.

The other Can Am cars felt like they were 854pp and you could add brakes or whatever.
 
Best "Stock" car in my opinion is the 2017 Ford GT. this car can hang in s class completely stock!!
 
My favourite car so far is the Corvette Z06 C7. Drove it at Rio & Monza and it is just so fun to drive and is quite easy to slide around.
 
Back