Best Cheap Wheel for GT5/GT6?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 458Lover
  • 13 comments
  • 6,647 views
Messages
3
United States
United States
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm just wondering if there is a decent wheel I can get in the 60-80 dollar price range.

If I posted in the wrong section or anything feel free to move/lock this thread.

Thanks.
 
I don't think there is a wheel in the 60-80 dollar range, the Driving Force GT is $120 at the least.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :cheers:
 
Yeah, I'd say go for a Driving Force GT. You might be able to find one used in that price range, but I'd recommend getting a new one. Cheers! And welcome to the forums!:D
 
I've seen some nice DFGT's in your price range on craigslist... used mind you.
 
Thanks for the replies.

I'll look out for some used DFGT.
 
best: G27

cheapest: used G27 with torn leather and broken gearshift :P
 
I don't think there is a wheel in the 60-80 dollar range, the Driving Force GT is $120 at the least.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :cheers:
Im using my DF GT and it works just fine. I would never buy a used one, dont know how rough the original owner was on the pedals and the pedal system can be the first to screw up. I had to ditch my last DF wheel when its pedal sensor was getting too unreliable.
 
While it may be everyone's PREFERENCE to have at least a Driving Force GT, racing wheels can indeed be had for less. Just check Amazon. Just keep in mind that you get what you pay for.

I used to have a Logitech Momo wheel for PC that also worked in GT5, and I'm pretty sure I payed under $100 for it new... way back when. I'm on the lookout now for a new wheel, and may opt for the Lamborghini one from Sony, just because it can be used on your lap (I can't afford to have a huge racing setup in my living room)
 
Logitech DFGT if you could. That's the best hood but cheap without paying more.
 
New DFGT or maaaaybe a used (if very cheap) Logitech Momo wheel could be worth a shot. I think that most of the functionality of the Momo is there, just not the gearshift from memory. But the paddle shifters work.

I've seen the Momo for around 20 dollars, and while a bit clunky it would be much better than any new wheel below DFGT level.
 
Best option is the G27 off ebay or amazon for $160-$200,I wouldn't bother getting the DFGT especially if you're going to already pay around $120,might as well just save up for a G27 you'll definitely enjoy it more and they're built really good.
 
Yea g27 frm amazon is dirt cheap
Or mayb g25 if u can find a first hand one if nt seconda hand one which shld b dirt cheap too frm amazon
 
I've owned the G27 and the DFGT...

I think the DFGT wheel is far better for the money. The shifter on the G27 is a joke and the steering wheel doesn't feel as realistic as the DFGT wheel. The only thing I like better on the G27 is the petals but honestly there isn't a point in having a clutch petal if the shifter is a joke.

If you keep your eye out on eBay and Amazon, you can get a DFGT used for $80-90. That is what I did.
 
I tried my Momo with GT5, but it would not center right, or shift center while driving.
 
Back