Best DS4 control setup?

Even with steering speed at 0 the game still feels twitchy as heck.

I have tried many settings and nothing seemed to work. The one I am comfortable with is below. Good luck !

Advanced Settings
Vibration Intensity = 80%
Speed Sensitivity = 100%
Steering Speed = 100%
Steering Deadzone = 5%
Steering Filter = 0%
Steering Gama = 3.0

Video Settings
Field of View = 60
Virtual Wheel Rotation =240

I use auto gearbox due to Arthritis complications and all other settings are set to On but will change these as I my driving improves.

I'd start with WRECKU's settings and play with turning filtering up and gamma down. Turning virtual wheel rotation down to lower degrees is a good idea too if you use the cockpit view, things are way less dramatic looking then.

These are the settings i use, I've tried various settings with good results but not so good for all cars. I've tried settings that make me fasrer, but these current settings are better for every car for me. I will post other settings later. Also worth trying stability control if You're struggling.

Advanced Settings
Vibration Intensity = 80%
Speed Sensitivity = 70%
Steering Speed = 100%
Steering Deadzone = 10%
Steering Filter = 60%
Steering Gama = 2.7

Video Settings
Field of View = 60
Virtual Wheel Rotation =320

I dont think there's any one perfect setting, I've tried other peoples settings that they claimed were perfect and found them terrible, whilst others didn't like my settings. It helps to tweak on setting at a time.

Thanks for these settings I just found here ^^ I have a mixture now of somewhere in between these. This has made a big difference from default or my own settings I tried and tried. I took the 370z and MX5 cup round highlands and the steering is now quite smooth and fluid and it is now has slower turns without the jolts which I prefer. This will help me now when the wheel is away as I always couldn't get on with ds4 on this game. I actually enjoyed the quick races and made it round the track in one piece! :gtpflag:

Thanks for these settings I just found here ^^ I have a mixture now of somewhere in between these. This has made a big difference from default or my own settings I tried and tried. I took the 370z and MX5 cup round highlands and the steering is now quite smooth and fluid and it is now has slower turns without the jolts which I prefer. This will help me now when the wheel is away as I always couldn't get on with ds4 on this game. I actually enjoyed the quick races and made it round the track in one piece! :gtpflag:
Default settings are absolutely terrible. It's funny because some people don't like my settings and i've tried other peoples settings when they've said they're perfect but I found them to be terrible too ( Edit: just noticed I wrote that in the post above). Glad you found settings to your liking,

Another thing I tried was to put everything on zero and adjust only the steering Gamma.

I'm not sure what KS have done with the 1.14 update. The previous build I was able to hold my own with the default DS controller settings. After the update though, all cars are literally undrivable now. I'm going to have to go back and forth between the set up screen and practice races to find something I can keep on the road but I think the main problem is now surely the range with which the steering stick on the pad moves the wheel in game. It seems to be fully rotating with pushing the stick to the edges which is pretty odd having it set to that. We're never going to do a three point turn in a race are we? We don't need to move the wheel that far. Annoyingly though, there's no slider to control the steering range. Luckily I've bought a wheel so I guess the point is moot. No AS for me this week. :-/

This is what I went for finally in the end and it works great for me, but I will tweak it over time.👍

Assetto Corsa_39.jpg

I'm not sure what KS have done with the 1.14 update. The previous build I was able to hold my own with the default DS controller settings. After the update though, all cars are literally undrivable now. I'm going to have to go back and forth between the set up screen and practice races to find something I can keep on the road but I think the main problem is now surely the range with which the steering stick on the pad moves the wheel in game. It seems to be fully rotating with pushing the stick to the edges which is pretty odd having it set to that. We're never going to do a three point turn in a race are we? We don't need to move the wheel that far. Annoyingly though, there's no slider to control the steering range. Luckily I've bought a wheel so I guess the point is moot. No AS for me this week. :-/
Odd as mine felt exactly the same. Though I'm finding drift9ng without stability control on much easier for some reason.

This is what I went for finally in the end and it works great for me, but I will tweak it over time.👍

View attachment 648462
I've had mine like that as well before I settled for the one I posted above. Also i haven't tested this since the update but dead zone has never worked. I saw it was fixed on PC recently though.

Odd as mine felt exactly the same. Though I'm finding drift9ng without stability control on much easier for some reason.
Funnily enough, I've given your set up a run through on career mode and am finding it pretty good so far. I'm not understeering like someone that doesn't know what brakes are right now so that's a start! Do you run without any other assists? TC and or ABs?

Funnily enough, I've given your set up a run through on career mode and am finding it pretty good so far. I'm not understeering like someone that doesn't know what brakes are right now so that's a start! Do you run without any other assists? TC and or ABs?
Glad you're getting on better with them. I keep everything on factory then switch them off once on track depending on the car. If it makes the car less fun with TC on I'll turn it off, if the car is a hand full I will turn TC on. Always with factory settings.

Need some decent settings for Xbox one controller. Keeping the thread alive :) also have on PS4 so can play with settings :)

Latest Posts

Back