• SRT Tomahawk X

Votes: 12 5.7%

• Total voters

cjr3559

Premium
United States
Ohio
cjr3559
OK, we've had two tries at a best VGT poll, and both have some kind of issue; either it's not getting updated, or it was created with an inability to make critical changes.

I would like to see a definitive VGT poll. This one will allow users to have multiple votes and permit you to change your vote at any time as cars get released. I am on this site every day, so as soon as a VGT is released, the poll will get updated.

Without opining too much about the VGT releases, so far they've been very well done and the production quality of the videos are almost as good as the car itself.

Thank you! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
If possible I would merge this VGT option into my "VGT thread" if I could delete the "sticky poll" and set up the "Best VGT poll" instead. :confused:

So many best VGT polls now. :lol:

Overall I still have to go with the BMW. Since the release of the Motec export, I've started my VGT testing from scratch. With the recent releases its a bare minimum of 675 laps, of which I'm only up to about 450 at the moment... I find that while most cars have their strengths and weaknesses, the BMW is the one that rescues itself by performing above where it should thanks to how driveable it is. (Edit: that's just personal opinion, I haven't gotten around to actual analysis yet)

The worst is the Chaparral, because it's just not feasible or believable, also it's totally counter intuitive to drive.

I don't like the cars with the hybrid boost button, either, they're a pain in the ass for hot lapping!

Last edited:
The 2X, followed closely by the Mazda.

Things that set the 2X apart:

-The fact that it is so damn unique
-Detailed Interior

For the eyes, Infiniti.

Edit: My favorie is a Lexus now.(for the eyes and ears!)

Last edited:
The LM55 gets my vote. Would have gone for the VW but for some unknown reason PD have classified it as a race car?!:dopey:

The Mazda is the fastest but the best looking... I dont think so. The best looking for me are the Infinity, the Merc and the Alpine
The Lexus looks best IMO but and wouldn't the 2X be the fastest? Or is the LM55 faster? I picked Leuxs because it looks awesome.

The Lexus looks best IMO but and wouldn't the 2X be the fastest? Or is the LM55 faster? I picked Leuxs because it looks awesome.
I disagree about the lexus looking awesome...

Anyway I think the Mazda is overall faster because its better on the corners, but I havent tested laptimes. That was my impression. But on a straightline surely the chaparral gets it

Can I have at least 5 votes? So hard to choose just one car.:lol:

If it's on looks, the Mercedes VGT. Drool worthy looks. Driving pleasure, it's too close to call between the Mini, FT-1, BMW, LM55 and the new ultra grippy Race Mode Alpine.

I can't split them so I'll abstain.

Anyway I think the Mazda is overall faster because its better on the corners, but I havent tested laptimes. That was my impression. But on a straightline surely the chaparral gets it
If you don't like the looks of the Lexus that's your opinion.

I can see why the Mazda is leading at the moment, but for me, the Alpine (non race) strike the right balance od everything!

The Alpine is for me the BEst VGT because:
- modern but not too futuristic
- futuristi . But remain possible
- is less than a design exercise than a functional one
- best uses the core value and history of its brand than any other VGT constructor right now.
- doesnt aim to be the fastest, or the most shocking factor, or the most powerful but rather give focus on and to the best driving pleasure and driving skills.
- the air brake is stupid looking, but cool at the same time, and after all its not As bad because ultimately this car is meant to be a guilty drivving pleasure, for lap times, and not so much as close crowded unclean driving..

Top 3 VGT based on a combination of performance and design exersice:
1) Alpine
2)Mazda
3) Chaparal

Honor mentions to Mercedes for being the first VGT in GT6.
Citroen for collaborating with PD way before GT6.
Toyota witht a beautiful and functional VgT.

-

Is there any way to choose all VGTs? :P I like all of them, maybe I would say that the Mitsubishi is more... ugly. Probably because I'm not a big fan of Rally racing. :D
I was between the Toyota FT-1, Lexus LF-LC GT and Mazda LM55. But I chose the FT-1 because of its cool sound and design. Its video at the Vision GT section is very nice too. ;) 👍

The 2X, if well driven, will eat the LM55 alive. Personally I can't drive it at all, but when I do my testing I use the Motec Eclectic figures, so even if in 10 laps I fail to negotiate a lap without going off or smashing a wall, I can still get an accurate lap time to see how quick the car is... and it's fast.

The 2X, if well driven, will eat the LM55 alive. Personally I can't drive it at all, but when I do my testing I use the Motec Eclectic figures, so even if in 10 laps I fail to negotiate a lap without going off or smashing a wall, I can still get an accurate lap time to see how quick the car is... and it's fast.
In fast tracks yes, but twisty tracks, I dont think so. The chap is terrible at hairpins and tight corners

In fast tracks yes, but twisty tracks, I dont think so. The chap is terrible at hairpins and tight corners

It all comes down to how you drive it. It's small and has 4 wheel steering so in theory it should be good in the twisty's, but I normally find myself entering the corner with massive amounts of understeer. One of the benefits is that it doesn't rely on grip for acceleration, so I find it better to slow the car down in a straight line, probably more than is necessary, turn it, then as its coming around just mash the accelerator. It's not a smooth technique at all, but it's the only way I can get it around the track. I know dragging the accelerator is another technique - as it generates downforce when you're on the power, but I've not managed to hook that up yet. This is with a wheel, I know there are issues with driving it with a DS3.

Everything about it is counter-intuitive for me, but if you get it right, I still think it's faster than the LM55. I can't check my lap times at the moment since I don't have my laptop with me, so I could be wrong.

Can I change my vote, when a new / better VGT car comes out?

Definitely. And the poll will remain open well after the final car is released. It may be challenging to vote for just 1 car, so the poll is flexible if you change your mind.

I haven't tried the two new ones yet but I do not think they will sway me from the Mazda which is the one I voted for.

The Alpine is my new favorite VGT, for all the reasons CTzn said. The only difference is that I prefer the Race Mode over the other one, probably because the Race Mode has the traditional Alpine livery and the rear wing makes it look less like the Monoposto from Hot Wheels.

My personal Top 5 Favorite VGT's:

1)Alpine- perfect match between heritage, and future, detailed interior, fun to drive, air brakes!
2)Chaparral- willing to redefine what we think of as a race car. Plus it has a detailed interior I"MMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!1!!
3)Mazda- epic Rotary powered prototype! :D
4)Volkswagen- for the detailed interior alone.
5)Lexus- it is tough choosing between the lexus and the bimmer because they are both in the range of speed that I prefer, but I like the Lexus' amazing paint scheme, not to mention the sound is good and it has KERS. Also you can at least see your hands moving the wheel in cockpit view.

After a shed load of laps on most of the tracks in the game, my vote goes to the Alpine Racing. Not for the looks as it looks like it's been sat on. I figured driving pleasure is more important than looks and how it drives seals it for me. Brilliant (on the safe side) handling.

It would be great for one make racing. Especially if you can knock the cyclist whackers off the sides of it.

(Honorary vote to the Merc. Gorgeous.)

Back