Best forum on the internet, good job everyone. :)

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 34 comments
United States
California
Sk8er913
I have too many post now, and I have been on here for 3 years! (Wow thats a long time) And I just wanted to tell everyone that runs this site that they are doing a great job. I have recently joined other motorsports sites. And I peek in their forums I see things like "Last Post: August 1st, 2013" When I open it it will have an OP of 2011. And there will be 5 post on the page. :lol: Keep up the good work. :) I have a feeling that you will all be very busy in a few months.

:cheers::gtpflag:

And :gtplanet:@Jordan I can't believe you started coding this when you were 13. :lol: most awesome 13 year old ever. And your original code is probably still better than mine. :lol: :D

I have too many post now, and I have been on here for 3 years! (Wow thats a long time) And I just wanted to tell everyone that runs this site that they are doing a great job. I have recently joined other motorsports sites. And I peek in their forums I see things like "Last Post: August 1st, 2013" When I open it it will have an OP of 2011. And there will be 5 post on the page. :lol: Keep up the good work. :) I have a feeling that you will all be very busy in a few months.

:cheers::gtpflag:

And :gtplanet:@Jordan I can't believe you started coding this when you were 13. :lol: most awesome 13 year old ever. And your original code is probably still better than mine. :lol: :D
I have always wanted to say this, but didn't know where too. And how to not sound like a suck up. :lol:

To be honest, there are only a few reasons that makes this the best forum out there.

1. It is easy to understand and learn how to use.
2. It is easy on the eyes. Neutral colours that make it easy to read.
3. Layout is well designed and convenient.
4. Text is sized appropriately for both mobile and PC usage.
5. Thread design and structure is put together neatly. Quotes look clean, seeing username of poster qnd avatar is nice and neat. Some forums they are extremely small text for usernames and avatars are huge. It is just gross and confusimg to be honest.
6. No pictures and/or gifs in signatures.

And the most important.
7. This is the only forum I know how to use and all forums function generally the same way. Refer back to point number one, and this is why I love :gtpflag:

There is more to it than this, but you get my point.

10/10 would forum here any day!

I have always wanted to say this, but didn't know where too. And how to not sound like a suck up. :lol:

To be honest, there are only a few reasons that makes this the best forum out there.

1. It is easy to understand and learn how to use.
2. It is easy on the eyes. Neutral colours that make it easy to read.
3. Layout is well designed and convenient.
4. Text is sized appropriately for both mobile and PC usage.
5. Thread design and structure is put together neatly. Quotes look clean, seeing username of poster qnd avatar is nice and neat. Some forums they are extremely small text for usernames and avatars are huge. It is just gross and confusimg to be honest.
6. No pictures and/or gifs in signatures.

And the most important.
7. This is the only forum I know how to use and all forums function generally the same way. Refer back to point number one, and this is why I love :gtpflag:

There is more to it than this, but you get my point.

10/10 would forum here any day!
A thousand likes for this.👍👍👍 Apart from the content, GTP is simply easy on the eyes, easy to use, easy to navigate, easy to read etc. Frankly a lot of other forums just look like they use some pre-packaged software and simply throw it up there without a second thought.

One of the forums that proves those folks that claim forums are dead & social media is where everyone is. Folks who obviously only visited the forums OP mentioned as having 5 posts in 2 years.
Then there are people like you with 33,273 post. Which might be the highest Ive seen. :lol: and I thought 3k was a lot.

Love the look & functionality of GT Planet. Also like the no profanity rules, too many other forums out there with too much swearing, me no like. Good moderation team as well.

This site also runs lightning fast on my 12 year old PC - 2.8Ghz Pentium 4 with Win XP & 2GB RAM!

👍

VBR
Love the look & functionality of GT Planet. Also like the no profanity rules, too many other forums out there with too much swearing, me no like. Good moderation team as well.

This site also runs lightning fast on my 12 year old PC - 2.8Ghz Pentium 4 with Win XP & 2GB RAM!

👍
Lol! that was my old PC. :D is it a Dell Optiplex ? It does load very good. I liked the original design that was here when I signed up in 2012. But the current layout that was updated in 2014? 2013? Is even better!

Sponsored races like GTPlanet Endurance Series hosted by @AJ are great! It could use a few minor adjustments, but it seems like the broadcasting crew is learning and improving every race. And as the commentary crew kept saying in the 12 hours of Japan. "This race is even better than the 24 hours of Spa!" :D

TB
Prepare to have your mind blown - McLaren is "only" 7th for post count. :)
I'm not surprised. :) That's still really high though. :P I see you're not slacking too much with your 24k. Hows the most active person on GTPlanet ever? :lol: I would guess Jordan is in the top 10, I'll look up his post count. :)

Edit: Wow, he only has 19k, hes definitely not top 10. :P

I'm not surprised. :) That's still really high though. :P I see you're not slacking too much with your 24k. Hows the most active person on GTPlanet ever? :lol: I would guess Jordan is in the top 10, I'll look up his post count. :)

Edit: Wow, he only has 19k, hes definitely not top 10. :P

Nobody is remotely close to the purple... errh... indigo one.

Then again, there are those of us with 20+ on different forums, also.

Lol! that was my old PC. :D is it a Dell Optiplex ?

Not a Dell, no. It's a Digital Village PC, actually a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). Had it custom built in 2003, & was pretty much top of the range back then. However, it still works & is fast enough to browse the internet on, so; if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's good enough to give me my daily :gtplanet: fix, hehe!

:gtpflag:

VBR
Not a Dell, no. It's a Digital Village PC, actually a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). Had it custom built in 2003, & was pretty much top of the range back then. However, it still works & is fast enough to browse the internet on, so; if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's good enough to give me my daily :gtplanet: fix, hehe!

:gtpflag:
That cpu was still at the top in 2005 lol.

Remember! The AUP is heavy.

maxresdefault.jpg

How do you check? I'm curious about what I am. :lol:
Your post tally is in your profile - even clicking on your username shows you how many posts you have. The link that @TB gave you takes you to the member list, sorted by post counts. If you're not in the top 50 though...

Your post tally is in your profile - even clicking on your username shows you how many posts you have. The link that @TB gave you takes you to the member list, sorted by post counts. If you're not in the top 30 though...
I didn't realize that was a link! :lol: You're #1 Famine, literally. :)

Back