Best game intro of all time

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 49 comments

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
While visiting Mum in Melbourne I fired up the old PS1 I have down there and dug out my copy of the original Gran Turismo.

I played the opening theme (hadn't seen it for ages) and it really brought the hairs up on the back of my neck - I forgot just how good it was (especially the part where the Castrol Supra comes into focus as it heads toward the camera).

So, that begs the question - what do you consider the video game introduction sequence you've seen?

Originally posted by vat_man
While visiting Mum in Melbourne I fired up the old PS1 I have down there and dug out my copy of the original Gran Turismo.

I played the opening theme (hadn't seen it for ages) and it really brought the hairs up on the back of my neck - I forgot just how good it was (especially the part where the Castrol Supra comes into focus as it heads toward the camera).

So, that begs the question - what do you consider the video game introduction sequence you've seen?

Metal Gear Solid 2. Without a doubt. ;)

Originally posted by Stealth Viper

Metal Gear Solid 2. Without a doubt. ;)

I totally agree. When I first bought it I ran home and put it in my PS2. I was blown away by the opening sequence! It has that feel good music and everything along with clips of the game and and and.......you can't really describe how good it is!!! :eek:

Well, the graphics are pretty outdated now, but the intro that I remember being blown away by most was for Soul Blade (Edge) for the PS1.
Another great one was Resident Evil 2. And then came Resident Evil: Code Veronica (That one is really sweet.)
Right now the honor goes to Final Fantasy X's beginning sequence.
Honorable mentions should go to the Tekken series in General, and the GT series in general (GT3 could have been great... Damn you Lenny Kravitz!!! :P)

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
Another great one was Resident Evil 2.
I totally agree. Pretty much all the Resident Evil games have had sweet intros. I haven't seen the Code Veronica intro but I'll bet it's sweet too.;)

GTA3, SSX Tricky, Metal Gear Solid, MGS VR Missions, MGS2, THPS1-3, and Echo from Sega Genesis.

Let's see....

1. FFX
  2. MGS2
  3. Kessen
    [/list=1]

There are a lot of other's that would make the list, but these intro's are actually storylines! Gotta love it!

BTW - For those who didn't know, Kessen actually won some awards with their intro! :eek:

Originally posted by ZeroCool85
GTA3, SSX Tricky, Metal Gear Solid, MGS VR Missions, MGS2, THPS1-3, and Echo from Sega Genesis.

GTA3 - mmm...

Are you referring to the little piano bit when you load up, or the whole foiled robbery-explosion on the bridge bit when you start a fresh game?

The piano bit's pretty weak, but the game lead-in is cool - but not what I'd consider an 'intro' - it's more an opening story line.

I was more referring to game intros you get when you boot up.

I love the intros to the Tekken series, I would say my favourite was Tekken 2. I was pretty much blown away by this coz it was the first time I'd seen anything on the Playstation.

GT2 Arcade disk......I'm losin my favorite game, dum dum, I'm losin my mind again, dum dum, I'm losin my favorite, losin my favorite gaaAaaaAaame, doo doo doo doododo, doododo, doododo, ahhhahhhh.........

And then the intro starts skipping, at least on my version. Anyone else's do this?

.....Just losin my favorite game, dum dum........doo dodo, doo dodo, doo dodo, doo dodo,........... :D

GT1 intro was cool too, do do dododo, do do dododo, do do dodo.....

And Dave Mirra's ProBMX2 has a great intro, got to love the music.

Originally posted by MazKid
GT1 intro was cool too, do do dododo, do do dododo, do do dodo.....

It's that song - Manic Street Preachers' 'Everything Must Go' - it's a great mix they used in the GT1 intro - just that Supra coming into focus toward the camera - gives me goosebumps every time...

For me, It's the GT2 intro part with the S2000 skidding, I've always had a thing for skidding, from telling mom and dad to "Skid!", to doing burnouts on my bike in the snow. I don't really like the GT3 intro, it's the same Supra for most of it, and I like variety and regular, non race cars. I'll have to wait for GT4 to see the intro it has. I hope it's a cool one.

I like the GT2 arcade disc as well, just 'cause I like the Cardigans! That chick has a beautiful voice. I remeber the first time I popped in FFIX, I was like "HOLY ****!". I haven't played FFX ten yet though. Does anyone remeber "Double Dribble" for NES? I like how it sounds like the computer say "Bubble Bibble". I always thought that was funny.

for the GT series i can't comment on GT1 .......don't remember it ......i like GT2 better than GT3 mainly b/c of the music .... i like the Cardigans song way better than Lenny's .......whenever i'm driving in real life i want to race people when i hear My Favourite Game .....Erase/Rewind is also a good song by them :cool:

Hey now, am I the only one here that did like the GT3 intro? I think its great. Another good one is the KoF series in general.

Originally posted by Zrow
Hey now, am I the only one here that did like the GT3 intro? I think its great. Another good one is the KoF series in general.

No - the GT3 intro is good - just sort of lost its impact. It doesn't do it for me like the GT1 did - that sequence with the Supra coming into focus toward the camera still puts hair up on the back of my neck.

If I have to pick one....

Final Fantasy VI. I will not bother explaining. Those who know will doubtlessly agree.

Those who don't know, go get a copy of FFVI.

The intro to Return to Castle Wolfenstein is pretty special, but I'd have to go with something from the GT series. Probably GT2. Get's you all excited just before you play game :)

I'd say Devil May Cry, when Danye blows away the motorcycle with his hand guns, that was cool.

And also MGS2, that was awesome too.

-space

Originally posted by MazKid
GT2 Arcade disk......I'm losin my favorite game, dum dum, I'm losin my mind again, dum dum, I'm losin my favorite, losin my favorite gaaAaaaAaame, doo doo doo doododo, doododo, doododo, ahhhahhhh.........

And then the intro starts skipping, at least on my version. Anyone else's do this?

.....Just losin my favorite game, dum dum........doo dodo, doo dodo, doo dodo, doo dodo,........... :D

Do you know who sings that song..i do ...heh heh....good for me...lol

My favorite 2 intros are

Gran Turismo 3 : A Spec love that intro

Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo

Its a killer intro when you watch it...where else you gonna find 50 meter tall mechs hacking each other up with beam sabers.
live the adventure that started the mech movement in the U.S.

Mobile Suit Gundam

Back