Best GR1 car

• Thread starter Lofty L
  • 28 comments
I don'y have that many of them and, truth be told I don't dabble in the GR.1 cars at ll. The only one I've bought and driven is the Toyota TS050 (never raced it, just did some hot laps) because I generally prefer the real life cars. Plus, they are beautifully rendered by PD.

I don'y have that many of them and, truth be told I don't dabble in the GR.1 cars at ll. The only one I've bought and driven is the Toyota TS050 (never raced it, just did some hot laps) because I generally prefer the real life cars. Plus, they are beautifully rendered by PD.

Thanks for your answer, I spend most of my time in gr3 cars but wanted a gr1 car to try out. I've just picked up the lm55 and will see how it goes

TS050 is the easiest to drive and still quite fast.
The Porsche is a bit faster but also a bit harder to drive.
The Nissan has really weird handling but has the best straight-line performance of the three.
Can’t comment on the others.

I would go with the Porsche even through everyone is using it in online races.

Thanks for your answer, I spend most of my time in gr3 cars but wanted a gr1 car to try out. I've just picked up the lm55 and will see how it goes

Now you'll get it as youy daily workout gift.

I've not really ventured into the Gr.1s much yet myself. I did try the '11 Audi R18 that I have a couple of times but never long enough to get the right feel for it.

Now you'll get it as youy daily workout gift.

I've not really ventured into the Gr.1s much yet myself. I did try the '11 Audi R18 that I have a couple of times but never long enough to get the right feel for it.

Yes no doubt about that. I gave the lm55 a run out last night, I'm not much of a tuner so I ran stock on 1 TC and it felt very nice. There are.probablh quicker RWD only models out there but I'd spend too much time on the gravel tomwin any endurance races.

The Mazda LM55 all day for me. It has always been my go to Gr1 car. I've managed top 1% global lap records with the LM55 on both Interlagos and Blue Moon Infield. Its easy to handle, quick enough on acceleration (not as quick as the 919 bear in mind). You can easily drive this car on TCS 0.

Can't wait to get out on Interlagos tonight with it, aiming to beat my PB of 1.19.457

Ill have to check my garage and see if i have that LM55. I think I won it as a Daily workout prize some time ago. Sounds like a lot of fun to drive.

Ill have to check my garage and see if i have that LM55. I think I won it as a Daily workout prize some time ago. Sounds like a lot of fun to drive.

I use the LM55 quite a bit in the Grp1 races, it's a bit skittering (tends to oversteer/understeer) a bit but with a bit of pratice it becomes a very
good car for racing so that will be my choice for today's Grp1 race.

It has a ton of grip in the low speed sections. You can go full power in 2nd gear pretty quickly without getting any wheel spin. TC is not needed, even with worn out tires.

You can try the Porsche in the Campaign Mode endurance race at Interlagos. I think the LM55 can be sampled in the Campaign as well.

I don't own any Gr.1 cars, but if I am looking to get one, I might get the Toyota. Only because J haven't driven it yet.

The Porsche 919 Hybrid is the quickest of the Gr.1 cars but the TS050-HYBRID, which is my favourite by a mile, is not far behind it. The Audi R18 2016 is very good too but I cannot warm to it. The Bugatti VGT Gr.1 is surprisingly good.

Now I only use the TS050 but you cannot go wrong with the others. Just beware of the awful engine sound for the diesel cars.

The LMPs are a good bet.

I think the Porsche 919 is the quickest LMP1.
Well, it is quick, no doubt, but usually Toyota has been quicker... but also less reliable, unfortunately
and in WEC speed isn't everything
I ve been there in Le Mans in 2016 and seen it ;)

The 919 is the fastest on certain tracks because of it's ridiculous acceleration through 3-4 gears.
On other tracks it just doesn't have the top end.

The Bugatti/Mazda are both very stable and relatively easy to drive with good top end speed.

I really like the Nissan GTR LMP1, it takes getting used to, but I think it's cornering is on another level once you get it hooked up. The only downside to it is low speed turns trying to get it turned in like the rwd/awd gr.1's. Besides that, try the Hyundai too. That has acceleration and top speed. Plus the braking is insane on that thing.

Are they all quote similar in terms of performance then?

I was looking at the lm55 as I've heard it's pretty easy to drive. I like to do 1hr endurance races offline
Lm is one of my favorites but for something that's all about corning the 919 is the best

Back