Best Gran Turismo POLL

Best Gran Turismo

• Gran Turismo Concept: 2001 Tokyo (2002)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Seoul (2002)

• Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva (2002)

• Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (2003)

• Total voters
So people can hack their cars like in GT1 through 6? Yeah no thanks.

Actually if you do some research you will find that even going back to GT5, that patches were developed to reset any hacked cars along with banning a system from playing online. So that's not the point, as I'm pretty confident that PD could accomplish that in GTS in today's times. Most GT car collectors like having their cars in their "own garage truly owned", and like I said before, not rented. Especially true when a GT game is taken offline someday, which is likely to eventually happen. I still have all my cars from GT3-4-5 which I still enjoy to this day and I don't need to be online to race them, paint them, or whatever. This is especially true that some of the great cars over the years have been obviously discontinued in GTS which now can only be seen or used in previous GT games. After all it is still a game...

Only person to vote for GT PSP so far.

IMG_2703.JPG

You know, I find it surprising that GT Sport is the most voted so far. Not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just pleasantly surprised.

Last time I checked it wasn't a 'proper' Gran Turismo game. How quickly you all change your tune with a simple update.... ( to be fair, I was the same) ;)

I never thought I'd say this, but I might actually be able to forgive the always online component. I'm falling head over heels for this game....

Last edited:
You know, I find it surprising that GT Sport is the most voted so far. Not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just pleasantly surprised.

Actually... if one looks a little deeper into the votes in another way, there currently are 186 votes that are not for GTS, so in that regard it's certainly not a clear winner... Considering GTS might be the rage for some current voters, possibly cause it's the newest or in defense of one's recent purchase (imho), doesn't necessarily mean it is the best... but to each his own, cause it's all good. For me though... Long live GT3-4-5 ! :cool:

You know, I find it surprising that GT Sport is the most voted so far. Not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just pleasantly surprised...I'm falling head over heels for this game.

GT Sport is so addicting. Daily races and the FiA races are so much fun. Daily races also provide easy match making, no lobby hopping necessary!

Racing closely online is nothing new and not specific to GT Sport.
You are kind of right, Jay.

GT Sport is important in console online racing because it's the first time to my recollection that the iRacing model is being implemented on console. That model being structured, scheduled online matchmaking with consequences, where you can log on and race with other players in a structured race setting.

The key word is matchmaking. Yes, before GT Sport on console you could play in a private league or try the public lobbies and have close races, but the game itself didn't endorse some kind of reputation system that fed into the matchmaking system.

GT5 for me.

Its not about the sound or graphics particularly for me, it's about content, game play and how long I was playing it. Also, it was the last one which actually included proper endurance races.

Despite all the moaning online, it was supported a surprisingly large amount with patches, and I liked the B-Spec Bob implementation.

GT6 and GT Sport haven't felt complete to me. The first felt like it was trying to address all the negative comments from GT5, without bothering to realise many players held opposing views, and GT Sport feels like it's just there as a primarily online focused game. I nearly didn't bother with this last one, but for GT5 and GT6, I got the game on pre-order.

This is a tough question!

I'm adoring GT Sport at the moment, it's the best racing games I've played in the past 5 years and feel their re-focus on the game and removal of 2 decades worth of fluff has meant the game has shaken off the baggage and flourished as a new entity.

However, it's hard to argue the impact the original game had. I remember the original so vividly (Real cars in a racing game? You have to buy them and tune them?) and it had a massive impact of my real world love of cars and car culture. So the original is the most important and revolutionary no question.

GT5 was such a stunning game though. Forget the original though, GT5: Academy Edition ironed out many of the original games issues and made the bundle feel more cohesive and complete.

This is difficult. But for not being afraid to unshackle itself from its fans, haters, history and just forging a new path, I admire GT Sport greatly.

GT4 to me.

After playing GT and GT2 on PS1, only bought the PS2 with GT4, when GT3 came out PS2 was still too expensive for me, as I was a student on a tight budget. So, only played GT3 after GT4, so didn't make an impact on me.

The GT4 played for many many hours, than played the minimal buys route, had two memory cars with different saves and so.

GT5 and GT6 were great but I guess I didn't has much time to play those days.
GT Sport, having many problems, brought me back to the GT4 days, even if I don't have much time, still try to run those 42.2 km to daily workout gift every day possible. :)

Latest Posts

Back