Best Le-Mans Car

• Thread starter John Smith
  • 76 comments
Okay, yeah I'll try to login everyday. If I login with my PSN account, get the bonus, and disconnect, will it still be there until the next day where I repeat the process?

Yes. If you're logging in for the bonus but not playing, do a manual save after the log in screen to make sure you keep it.

Okay so I managed to get my internet in order, and now I can do the seasonal races, of course I suck too much to grind anything besides the Beginner and Intermediate seasonal races.

I managed to grind with the 110% login bonus and got these Le Mans cars:
  • 1992 Peugeot 905B EVO 1 BIS
  • Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo
  • 1989 Sauber Mercedes C9
  • 2011 Audi R18 TDI
  • 2003 Bentley Speed 8
  • 1989 Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V
So what else should I get? I was thinking to buy the Mazda 787B or the BMW V12 LMR.

Also what should I get for Touring cars?

Okay so I managed to get my internet in order, and now I can do the seasonal races, of course I suck too much to grind anything besides the Beginner and Intermediate seasonal races.

• 2011 Audi R18 TDI
  • 2003 Bentley Speed 8
So what else should I get? I was thinking to buy the Mazda 787B or the BMW V12 LMR.

Definitely get the 787B, not only for the speed, but definitely for the sound. One of my favourite sounding cars in the game. The V12 LMR is also a lot of fun. You should also try out the Toyota TS020 and TS030
As for touring cars, try any of the GT-made touring cars, like the Nissan Skyline Touringcars.

• 2011 Audi R18 TDI
  • 2003 Bentley Speed 8

Buy the cars that you like butt if I were you I would buy them all :).

You can get up to 200% without actually waiting 5 days.

From the PS3's main menu, set the time zone so that the PS3 clock is approaching midnight.

Load the game, collect your daily bonus, wait until "midnight" to collect the next increment, save the game manually.

Exit the game, change the time zone again so that you're approaching midnight & repeat the necessary steps.

You don't need a full 5 hours if you do this at certain times of day because some of the time zones differ by 15 or 30 minutes.

Switching between daylight savings on or off can help to put you at a good time of day to speed things up.

Toyota TS030 is pretty much the best of the best.

Hm... I did hear the TS030 mentioned here and there but I never heard anyone say it was "the best of the best"- could you care to explain? Stats-wise as well as PP wise it just seems mediocre, but at least the price isn't too expensive.

Definitely get the 787B, not only for the speed, but definitely for the sound. One of my favourite sounding cars in the game. The V12 LMR is also a lot of fun. You should also try out the Toyota TS020 and TS030
As for touring cars, try any of the GT-made touring cars, like the Nissan Skyline Touringcars.

787B- I heard that this wasn't a very good car. As for the sound I can understand because of the crazy powerful rotary under the hood, but as of now I don't really prioritize engine sound, although thanks for the suggestion!

Buy the cars that you like butt if I were you I would buy them all :).

That... is a lot of money.

You can get up to 200% without actually waiting 5 days.

From the PS3's main menu, set the time zone so that the PS3 clock is approaching midnight.

Load the game, collect your daily bonus, wait until "midnight" to collect the next increment, save the game manually.

Exit the game, change the time zone again so that you're approaching midnight & repeat the necessary steps.

You don't need a full 5 hours if you do this at certain times of day because some of the time zones differ by 15 or 30 minutes.

Switching between daylight savings on or off can help to put you at a good time of day to speed things up.

Yeah I did something like this for an iOS game I used to play, didn't know if it worked on other platforms. Maybe I'll try it out, thanks!

Hm... I did hear the TS030 mentioned here and there but I never heard anyone say it was "the best of the best"- could you care to explain? Stats-wise as well as PP wise it just seems mediocre, but at least the price isn't too expensive.

Hybrid power has it punching above it's weight and the handling is spot on. Plenty of tunes for it as well. The Greaves Motorsport Zytec-Nissan is another good one that's worth considering.

787B- I heard that this wasn't a very good car. As for the sound I can understand because of the crazy powerful rotary under the hood, but as of now I don't really prioritize engine sound, although thanks for the suggestion!

Don't let other people influence you too much on what car to buy. One man's trash is another man's treasure and you could be missing a treat so buy whatever takes your fancy. The 787B is one of my favourites and silly fast but everyone has their own favourites.

Set up a garage of go to cars in each general pp level and you can fill in the gaps as you go along. You can afford it now you're doing the seasonal's.;)

@kilesa4568- Thanks for the suggestion! I think I will buy it, I'm almost at the 200% bonus now and if my internet provider's guarantees live up to my expectations, then I can easily get 2,000,000 Credits! Sounds like a car I can use, hope it is better than the MINOLTA 88C-V I've been using for my go-to LMS car.

As for 787B- I will give that a try as well. By the way- does the stealth model really offer anything over the base for 150,000 Credits more? Should I go for stealth or just base? I couldn't really care less about 150,000 credits, it is easy enough to get, but I've never really thought a new paint job, a few extra BHP, and a special "GT" logo would be worth 150,000 credits.

@fordlaser777- I've bought pretty much all I want now, including most of the highest-tier super cars and a few Vision GT cars. I never really wanted any of the Touring or LMS cars, but seeing as some S events and others require those cars, I just want to know which one is the best, because IMO all LMS cars look like horrifying trash, are crazy expensive, hard to tune, and just hard in general :D

So yeah I can get all I want, but thing is, I don't want LMS cars.

If you want probably the easiest car for battling the group c cars in game, you already own it. The LM55. If you want to compete in like for like group c cars, the Sauber and 905 Bis (owned) are competitive with the daddy C60 Hybride but with a good tune, either of the 787B models have the handling to beat them. Slower than the others on the top end but you can make that up in the corners. Both models sound mental but the stealth feels a bit edgier (stock) compared to the Renown one but the difference feels minimal at best to me.

The TS030 is a must have with how versatile it is in its PP range and the Greaves keeps most of its power dropping it into the 600pp class. Definitely buy the TS030 but class the Greaves as an indulgence purchase as it's a nice drive.

I've done quite a bit of research but at the end I had to create an account and ask the question myself. There are simply too many Le Mans Cars in the game for me to buy all of them: most of them cost over 1,000,000 CR and that is too much hours of grinding (painstaking, boring grinding, to be frank). I've narrowed it down to a few choices:
  • 1989 Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9- Generally positive feedback on this car, seems like a very good one judging by feedback (threads over 2-3 years ago have touched on this but I cannot find more recent ones). But at over 2,000,000 CR it is quite expensive, I can afford it but I want to make sure it is a smart purchase.
  • 2003 Bentley Speed 8- Another excellent car judging from the reviews I've read/watched. Good handling, speed, and the color/engine noise seems to be another thing good about it.
  • 2011 Audi R18- Don't know if I got the year right or if there should be the "TDI" Diesel designation for it- but this seems to be the "mainstream" Le Mans car that everyone seems to buy just because of it's status in real-life. Generally mixed reviews, some say it is good, others say it is not good.
  • Peugeot 908- Seems to be a car mentioned hear and there, but nobody really seems to have an opinion about it. I haven't really kept my eyes on this car either, so I'm debating whether it should even be on this list.
  • 2013 Deltawing- A strange car that people say is "hard to drive"? Back when I just bought the game I really wanted it, almost purely because of its strange shape and extraordinarily low engine power for the insane PP rating it has- which must be balanced out by its performance on the track (weight and handling I'd assume)
  • 1970 Toyota 7- I mean from the description and the price tag... is there anything special about it? I don't even know if this is an LMS car or not.
  • 1989 Toyota Minolta 88C-V- Another car that receives generally high praise. Cheaper than the Sauber C9 to. I just don't know what's so good about this thing though, most people just recall this car from Gran Turismo 5 (It was a prize car I believe)
As the list composed above: I do not have a fixed budget as of yet, but if it helps, I have around 4,000,000 Credits meaning I can get only Two cars from this list, and I want to make the best decision possible. I'm overall a pretty crappy driver, I'd appreciate something that's relatively easy to drive and forgives some mistakes, but at the same time, easy to reach first place in.

If you have another car that you think is better please share! I do not want suggestions to just be limited to this list.

Thank you!

Well, to give you more information on the 908, here it is. The car in GT6 is the 2010 version of the 908 HDi FAP. I personally love the car, as it was the first LMP I raced in the GT Series (Pay attention to the first paragraph if you want a history of the version of the car in GT6).

The Peugeot 908 HDi FAP is viewed as the fastest car in the early Le Mans era of diesel powered cars which began in 2006 through 2010. The car hit Le Mans soil after 2006 R10 TDI win (that became the first diesel powered car to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans) at Le Mans in 2007. This was the French manufacturer's entry that returned to Le Mans after last appearing in 1993, where the Peugeot 905 gave the Peugeot their first 1-2-3 finish in the 24 Hours of Le Mans before pulling out of sportcar racing. They really had great success in their Le Mans series run 2007 through 2010 (the whole existance of the 908 HDi FAP) where 2007 and 2008 (where they did not win the Le Mans Series but where overall faster than Audi) where rather easy as they showed great speed, but when trying to win the 24 hour race, they struggled to stay reliable with the Audi R10's. For 2009, in full concentration to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans, they veered away from the Le Mans Series and took a win in dominant fashion (1-2 finish) against Audi's new R15 TDI machine. However in 2010, it was a different story. They entered four 2010 spec 908's into the 24 Hours of Le Mans, three factory and one privateer, from Team Oreca. In qualifying, they achieved the fasteset time on the Le Mans track (Curcuit de la Sarthe) during the time of 2010 to 2015 of a 3:19.711 (before being broken by Porsche 919 Hybrid in 2015 with a 3:16.887). All the cars suffered the reliability issues, one from suspension issues and the other three from engine failures, the last failure coming just one hour before the race end. This handed the win over to the durable and newly updated Audi R15, the R15+. The car did however manage to win the 2010 Le Mans Series, with Team Oreca's 908 winning the LMP1 teams title. So overall, a car that showed consistent speed, but was plagued with engine-related reliability issues showed the 908 HDi FAP had great potential to dominate the Le Mans world entirely- but when it mattered most, in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, it fought and struggled to prove inself as a valid competitor overall and in the face of its reliable rivals. As a result, the 908 HDi FAP only gained one Le Mans win out of four attempts.

And with the regulations changing for LMP's in 2011, the successor of the 908 HDi FAP, the 908 also convicingly took the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (which new series that took the place of the Le Mans Series that Peugeot was in). However once again, they did not to win but came so close to winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2011, choosing durability and a low drag design for better fuel economy over speed. They entered three 2011 908's, which contended against the Audi's R18 TDI machines. Accidents took out two R18 TDI's early, leaving a lone Audi R18 TDI amongst three 908's coming fast from behind. Peugeot charged as hard as they could, and they eventually drew the race so close it came to pit stop strategy, which favoredthe 908 as the race neared its end. This was negated however, when the lead Peugeot crashed into the barriers, forcing them to make a unscheduled pit stop to fix damage, allowing Audi to gain more time in the lead. In a final pit stop, Audi's lead allowed their R18 TDI to get fresh tires and fuel as compared to just fuel for the 908 right behind it on the same lap in the last hour of the race, and Audi and their singular R18 TDI kept the lead to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans- by a mere 13.854 seconds to the second place Peugeot 908.

The Peugeot 908 campaign continued in 2012 with a new hybrid car- the Peugeot 908 HYbrid4, which was supposed to be the 4th generation car of the 908 campaign. As soon as the 908 HYbrid4 touched ground in Sebring for testing prior to the season of inaugural FIA World Endurance Championship, the car was soon pulled due to a poor enconomic performance (lacking in manufacturer car sales to the public). This marked the end of the 908 campaign and more so the 908 family, which was looked at as a overall fast lineage of cars, but with one win in the 24 Hours of Le Mans from 2007 to 2011, in 2009 with the 908 HDi FAP, which for the majority of the 908 campaign was the manufacturer's primary car, struggled with reliability making the 908 campaign looked at as making cars that could not truly solidify Peugeot as of late itself in modern Le Mans endurance history.

Last edited:
My personal favourite is the Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis... that's my go-to. It's a lovely car, very VERY fun to drive, shrugs off the rain like it ain't no thang, and it's very easy to find great tunes for it here (for several tracks and pp levels).

I'm also fond of the Audi R8 Race Car, though it's... problematic. It has issues. Don't expect the best lap times, or to always win Super / Expert races with it, but... I like it. I like its personality.

The Pescarolo and Toyota TSO30 Hybrids are good calls, since the fuel economy can be make a big difference in Super endurance races, where it might mean one less pitstop- that can but you valuable time to make up for any mistakes you made earlier in the race.

The R10 TDI has a slight fuel advantage too, being a diesel, but it's... not really worth it, given its other issues.

The Deltawings are completely ludicrous and almost impossible to drive, but they are very cool and very charming and very weird and I love them. Don't bother with them if winning is your main priority, ESPECIALLY for cornering speed and consistency, but if part of the fun of the game for you is collecting, trying and experiencing different cars, problem-solving with the tuning menus, etc. then they're worth checking out.

I also think the Jaguar XJR-9 (if upgraded properly), the BMW V12 LMR and the Alpine VGT are fantastic cars.

P.S.

Not a Le Mans car, but I really love the Gillet Vertigo Race Car, and I'd definitely nudge new players in its direction. It needs TLC, though... you can't operate it from default settings, really. Not unless you'd like a bad headache.

P.P.S.

The question of affordability isn't really that big a deal. It SEEMS like these cars are all impossibly expensive when you first start the game, but... after you start running out of cars you actually want, and you keep playing, and keep winning large sums from the seasonals, quick-matches and late-game events, you eventually find yourself with a LOT of Disposable Income. And sometimes you don't want to wait until having 15/20mil for a XJ13, 330 P4, Mark IV Race Car or Miura P400 Bertone Prototype before spending a bit of it.

For me, at least, the reason I'm not buying EVERYTHING has more to do with wanting to preserve a sense of individuality and personality for my garage. I want it to feel like "Natalie's Cars", not just "The Cars That Are In GT6". So I've imposed a 300 car limit for myself, with a 10-cars-per-manufacturer limit, and additional little OCD "rules" like how many rally cars, hillclimb cars, Le Mans cars, GT300/GT500, Touring Cars, Vision Gran Turismo, etc. I'm "allowed" to have. I give preferential treatment to the things I love: Group B, old classics, weird experimental oddities, stylish coupes, muscle cars, open cockpit racers, cute kei cars and hothatches, etc.

Last edited:
For me, at least, the reason I'm not buying EVERYTHING has more to do with wanting to preserve a sense of individuality and personality for my garage. I want it to feel like "Natalie's Cars", not just "The Cars That Are In GT6". So I've imposed a 300 car limit for myself, with a 10-cars-per-manufacturer limit, and additional little OCD "rules" like how many rally cars, hillclimb cars, Le Mans cars, GT300/GT500, Touring Cars, Vision Gran Turismo, etc. I'm "allowed" to have. I give preferential treatment to the things I love: Group B, old classics, weird experimental oddities, stylish coupes, muscle cars, open cockpit racers, cute kei cars and hothatches, etc.

Wow that IS OCD! ;) Awesome taste you have there! I set about on a mission to own one car from each and every manufacturer (and not just the best car they had). Once I got to that point I just started buying anything that takes my fancy. The seasonals DEFINITELY help to increase your cash pot for "expensive buys". Last night I got the last of the 20mil cars (Jag XJ13).

In terms of Le Mans cars, I'd agree with the above, but add the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP. It's stable, consistent, and doesn't look half bad if you buy the base model and give it a little customization! Also, you can't go past the Sauber Mercedes C9 and the Mazda 787B for pure racing pedigree. They're both lovely cars to look at and to drive!

@JohnSmith

I'd like to add that this morning I decided to try out the Mazda LM55 VGT for the first time, doing the Spa-Francochamps 24-Minute Challenge with the great and talented @GhostRider65 's take on it (new players, I strongly urge you to check out his tunes), and I COMPLETELY smoked it. Ended up winning with almost a full minute and a half lead, and lapped every competitor except for the C60 in 2nd and whatever was in 3rd. I also only needed to pit twice. So... if easy wins are what you're after, so you can go back to racing production cars (which you seem to prefer), Mazda LM55 seems like a good bet.

Though, in terms of dislike for Le Mans cars, I'd also like to add that GT6 is a pretty good way to broaden your tastes and learn to fall in love with new cars. Like, personally I never knew or cared much about most Japanese cars prior to playing this game, but I have come to really love a lot of them: the old 60s classics like the Mazda Cosmo Sport and Toyota 2000GT, the fun tiny 60s compacts that I couldn't possibly fit into (I'm six feet tall) like the Mazda Carol 360, Subaru 360 and Toyota SPORTS 800, the cute kei cars from the 90s and 00s, Subaru Imprezas, 80s/90s Celicas, the Mazda Autozam and Nissan Be-1, etc. etc. etc. Even some that I was already fond of, like the CR-X, I've come to find a deeper appreciation for.

So keep an open-mind about things as you play, take a bit of time to read the car-info whenever you've got the time, and you might find yourself developing a newfound appreciation for things that used to seem silly, boring or ugly, or even for entire fields of motorsports you used to find uninteresting. After all, motorsports sometimes struggles to cross national and cultural borders, so depending on where you live, you may simply have never had the CHANCE to enjoy Le Mans, NASCAR, WRC, F1, Group B, Pikes Peak Hillclimb, whatever.

Wow that IS OCD! ;) Awesome taste you have there! I set about on a mission to own one car from each and every manufacturer (and not just the best car they had). Once I got to that point I just started buying anything that takes my fancy. The seasonals DEFINITELY help to increase your cash pot for "expensive buys". Last night I got the last of the 20mil cars (Jag XJ13).

In terms of Le Mans cars, I'd agree with the above, but add the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP. It's stable, consistent, and doesn't look half bad if you buy the base model and give it a little customization! Also, you can't go past the Sauber Mercedes C9 and the Mazda 787B for pure racing pedigree. They're both lovely cars to look at and to drive!

Thanks!

In terms of super-expensive cars, so far I've gotten (in order) the Abarth Biposto Bertone, the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carozzata da Zagato and the XJ13. The Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Passo Corto and 330 P4, and the Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype, are on my Wishlist.

I think I also want to grab the X2010, despite how stupid and insane it is (I absolutely LOATHED doing that last Goodwood hillclimb; kept thinking "who would actually ENJOY this part of the game?"). Just because there's very few cars in the game operating at the F1 level (I've already got the Chapperal 2X, Lotus 97T and Formula Gran Turismo). I'd prefer if they brought in a proper selection of real ones, though, and worked in some events for them.

(I sort of want to make a "What cars, manufacturers and types of cars do you want to see added for GT7?" thread, but I'm not sure where to put it, and worried it's probably already been done. Maybe also "how would you like the selection of events to be changed for GT7?", cos I also BADLY wanted more quantity, variety and WRC-versimillitude to the rally events/tracks/stages)

I got the 908 HDI FAP a couple days ago, but I haven't driven it yet, so I didn't have anything useful to say about it. For all I know, t could be the Greatest Thing Ever Set To Wheels, or the most expensive piece of scrap metal trash to ever exceed 300 km/h. :P

I haven't bothered with the Sauber Mercedes C9. I actually have a rather strong distaste for Mercedes-Benz. The only one I've got is the old 50s coupe. As a general thing, I think Mercs have this sort of Rich Nazi Techno-futurist Fascism vibe that puts me off. And I usually hate their lines. But that's really just a subjective thing.

I also have an irrational distaste for most Fords (I only have the Falcon, the Ka, the Transcammer tuner and the two RS2000s), almost all Lamborghinis (which strike me as rather soulless and dishonest in comparison to Alfa, Ferrari and Masterati), and Porsche/RUF (nothing really wrong with them except the stupid EA-exclusive contract, I suppose, and I very much appreciate their individuality in the use of rear-engine placement and NA flat-6s, they're just not really my thing).

My own silly OCD impulses were actually fine with ignoring certain manufacturers. Just off the top of my head I know I ignored Acura, Callway, Saleen, Seat, Spyker, Mercury, Scion, most of the Japanese tuning garages, Cizeta, Bentley, Lister, MG, etc. I more wanted to make sure that my fondness for certain companies (Dodge, Alfa Romeo, Jaguar, Lotus, Peugeot, Renault, etc) was "properly" reflected in my choices, and that PD's preferential treatment of Nissan and Mitsubishi, and to a lesser extent Honda, Mazda and Toyota, didn't have TOO much of an impact on my choices. Like I didn't want to end up with like nine different Skylines, Evos, RX-7s, Fairladies and S2000s, you know?

Long post is long. Need to learn some self-restraint. :-/

Last edited:
@nataliereed84 ,

Thanks a lot for your comment and satisfaction :bowdown: to have fun with some of my tunes and to know that they can help you is a pure pleasure for me :)👍 !! My goal and my priority are unpretentious but just to try to share and propose settings that can help some racers to take advantage of their cars !!

Best regards natalie :cheers:👍 !!

@GTP Ziggy- Thanks for the long post on the 908 HDi, it never really crossed my mind as a very good car however, but with your passion for it I will buy it! I grinded a few more millions of credits with the 200% bonus and will get myself the 787B Stealth model (or original model I still haven't decided yet), the 908 HDi, the TS030, and the V12 LMR. I was thinking on the R92CB but seeing that the MINOLTA 88C-V has the same powerplant and even more PP I'm going to pass that one off.
As for the racing history- Sorry if I don't really follow pro racing very much, which probably explains my low depth of taste for LMS cars. Naturally all I go for are what the PP rating is and not much else, as for racing statistics that will be reserved for another day, another thread, however thanks again for the time put into that post!

@nataliereed84- Personally I probably don't share as much passion for LMS cars as I should, especially given the thread I've made- but yes I've looked into all the cars you mentioned and am planning to buy all the cars there besides the DELTA WING! I've already passed the 24 minutes of Le-mans in the career, but since I've made this topic I might as well just buy all the LMS cars and be done with it instead of it being the same thorn in the side it has been since I made this thread in the first place.

As for expenses and other related material I don't see limiting the number of cars I buy a very logical thing to do. I generally like to buy everything in any given game in order to demonstrate the mastery of it, instead of actually improving and fine-tuning my skill. Yes I know it's a bad habit but I've just played and beat so much Free-to-play games which are freakishly Pay-to-win that it's just a habit that's hard to shake off.

As for my taste in cars- I've always been quite a fan of strangely fast cars like the 1969 Oldsmobile with an engine packing over 1000 horsepower, or the RUF "Yellowbird" which was crazy fast when it was introduced. The red devil Camaro is also a great fun car, as well as other oddballs here and there. For super cars I see them as a necessity rather than vehicles of entertainment- I bought the 2,000,000 Credits Veyron just to complete some of the iA and S events, for example, instead of actually using it, tuning it, and evaluating it for my needs and wants. For the car itself- I did admire it's speed but it was overall just another pile of junk collecting dust in my garage.

Cars that I actually want/have a passion for are usually on the very bottom of my shopping list. They're usually those cars that suck quite a lot of ass but are extraordinarily fun when attached with turbos and whatnot. The Nissan TODAY is one of those, I bought it for what 10,000 Credits and I laughed while driving it for 10 minutes straight. You know those are the cars that bring joy, rather than those boringly fast super cars and LMS cars that I just require to complete certain events.

I do however admire many of the top-class brands but they are just boring to drive. As for tuning- I never really understood tuning much anyways, although I probably don't have an issue with copying other peoples' tunes.

Personally I probably don't share as much passion for LMS cars as I should, especially given the thread I've made- but yes I've looked into all the cars you mentioned and am planning to buy all the cars there besides the DELTA WING! I've already passed the 24 minutes of Le-mans in the career, but since I've made this topic I might as well just buy all the LMS cars and be done with it instead of it being the same thorn in the side it has been since I made this thread in the first place.

As for expenses and other related material I don't see limiting the number of cars I buy a very logical thing to do. I generally like to buy everything in any given game in order to demonstrate the mastery of it, instead of actually improving and fine-tuning my skill. Yes I know it's a bad habit but I've just played and beat so much Free-to-play games which are freakishly Pay-to-win that it's just a habit that's hard to shake off.

As for my taste in cars- I've always been quite a fan of strangely fast cars like the 1969 Oldsmobile with an engine packing over 1000 horsepower, or the RUF "Yellowbird" which was crazy fast when it was introduced. The red devil Camaro is also a great fun car, as well as other oddballs here and there. For super cars I see them as a necessity rather than vehicles of entertainment- I bought the 2,000,000 Credits Veyron just to complete some of the iA and S events, for example, instead of actually using it, tuning it, and evaluating it for my needs and wants. For the car itself- I did admire it's speed but it was overall just another pile of junk collecting dust in my garage.

Cars that I actually want/have a passion for are usually on the very bottom of my shopping list. They're usually those cars that suck quite a lot of ass but are extraordinarily fun when attached with turbos and whatnot. The Nissan TODAY is one of those, I bought it for what 10,000 Credits and I laughed while driving it for 10 minutes straight. You know those are the cars that bring joy, rather than those boringly fast super cars and LMS cars that I just require to complete certain events.

I do however admire many of the top-class brands but they are just boring to drive. As for tuning- I never really understood tuning much anyways, although I probably don't have an issue with copying other peoples' tunes.

Heh. I think aside from the appreciation for weird, low-power oddities turned into unlikely competitors, our tastes and approaches are pretty different.

If you mean the 1985 Honda TODAY G, that's certainly a car I like a lot, and I've been using a heavily upgraded version (with mid-RPM turbo kit) as one of my choices for the current Intermediate Seasonal (Japanese 80s). It's quite fun, as is its sister, the City Turbo II.

But I personally strongly dislike the Jay Leno Toronado. It strikes me as dishonest, pretentious, and representative of some of the worst impulses of American car culture (which I say as someone who has a generally positive outlook on American cars). The Tank Car is a lot cooler in my opinion: it's funny, clever, creative, completely insane, and also completely upfront about what it is, what it's for, and what it's all about. It's like an old drag-racing hot rod taking the mindset to its absurd and extreme logical conclusion.

I kind of like the Bugatti Veyron. It's a piece of understeering, unwieldy crap when it comes to cornering, handling, etc. but I like its design approach, and what it DOES do well (pure, unadulterated power and speed), it does VERY well.

Of course it's not at all LOGICAL to limit my car selection. It's just something I do to improve my enjoyment of the game, and my feeling of personal connectedness to the fake, virtual cars I "own" and drive. For me, I don't usually try to master or dominate games, I just try to have fun and get something out of them and have a worthwhile experience. It turns out I HAPPEN to really be quite good at GT6, but that's incidental to my enjoyment of it. I like to think I'd still be having a good time even if I were mediocre, since that's been my experience with other genres, like Fighting Games.

(Edited because my phone is "special") Does the Mazda LM VGT car have an interior? I don't generally drive cars with simple interiors (besides drifting) and not having an interior for VGT cars is lazy imo.

Last edited:
@nataliereed84 Does the Mazda LM VGT car have an interior? All of the VGT cars I have bothered to save up for and purchase (2 or 3) had that lazy bull**** simple interior and it infuriated me.
Hey, don't do that! Mods won't be happy.

The LM55 does not have an interior. The VWs and Chaparral 2X do.

Sorry, my phone is slow and I have crap internet so I generally ignore any formatting other than the basics. I'll edit it so that it isn't eye cancer or against the rules.

Also, I just bought the VW VGT (I'm on the latest update as of April) and it had no interior? Has there been an update?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I just bought the VW VGT (I'm on the latest update as of April) and it had no interior? Has there been an update?
Which VW VGT? The open-top one has the interior, and the two Alpines/Chaparral

I don't want to waste money unnecessary (I only have 4mil and only play offline due to being poor af) so are any of the cars with interiors (I think the Tomahawk also has one) able to compete against Le Mans machines?

I don't want to waste money unnecessary (I only have 4mil and only play offline due to being poor af) so are any of the cars with interiors (I think the Tomahawk also has one) able to compete against Le Mans machines?
Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo.

200 ballast and about 50% power redux puts it at 700. Car's a bit weird to drive, but it'll hit 250 down Mulsanne.

I rarely ever notice if anything has an interior, TBH, since I tend to usually use front bumper cam, and sometimes third person if I need a good view of my blind spots / tail. Part of that is because a LOT of the cars I love are "standard", and have the stupid generic thing going on. You'd think PD could at least make an EFFORT to upgrade SOME of those cars to having proper graphics and interior detail, rather than acting like their hands are tied, and the choice is between leaving them as is or getting rid of them entirely.

@Obelisk

Does the Chapperal still operate effectively at that power level? It seems like its definitely designed for F1 level speeds. What would competitions for laser-powered cars be called anyway? Formula Laser? FL? :P

Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo.

200 ballast and about 50% power redux puts it at 700. Car's a bit weird to drive, but it'll hit 250 down Mulsanne.
Thank you, kind sir (or madame) for helping out a scum sucking plebian such as me.

@Obelisk

Does the Chapperal still operate effectively at that power level? It seems like its definitely designed for F1 level speeds. What would competitions for laser-powered cars be called anyway? Formula Laser? FL? :P
No clue on the competition thing, but it's a guaranteed win in the 24 minutes of Le Mans, given you know how to drive it. I've seen people get leaderboard times in it.

Thank you, kind sir for helping out a scum sucking plebian such as me.

I will warn you, it's a completely different beast, but mastering it gives you the best car this side of insanity.

Back