Best Le-Mans Car

• Thread starter John Smith
  • 76 comments
Hm... How is the Chapparal 2X VGT a LMS car? It doesn't seem to perform very well (maybe it's just me) I bought it just for the hell of it (already got myself all the cars mentioned in this thread including the 787B [non-stealth model didn't feel like coughing up an extra 500,000 credits], V12 LMR, and TS030 hybrid) and it's just... hard to use.

Anyhow I thought that the MAZDA LM55 VGT was the best LMS car in the vision section? I mean I'm a relative newbie so don't take advice from me but I would have thought LM55 was better

Hm... How is the Chapparal 2X VGT a LMS car? It doesn't seem to perform very well (maybe it's just me) I bought it just for the hell of it (already got myself all the cars mentioned in this thread including the 787B [non-stealth model didn't feel like coughing up an extra 500,000 credits], V12 LMR, and TS030 hybrid) and it's just... hard to use.

Anyhow I thought that the MAZDA LM55 VGT was the best LMS car in the vision section? I mean I'm a relative newbie so don't take advice from me but I would have thought LM55 was better
The LM55 is better as a le mans racer, but all of these cars have a learning curve.

The 2X takes some getting used to but it'll leave the LM55 for dead. You just have to learn how to drive a car that uses thrust rather than driven wheels. It's definitely worth the learning curve.

Yeah... quite a learning curve as I simply am not able to drive it. Maybe it will be easier to learn the the RUF CTR "Yellowbird", however, which I still have a hard time controlling but otherwise have a hilarious time using.

Crazy fast with full power/weight reduction upgrades. And gotta love the yellow and the classic bug eyes.

I find myself unable to use the Chaparall as well. The non adjustable suspension and everything else had me bottoming out and had the thing shaking like a siezure ridden screen door through a Nurburgring lap. Is the Aston Martin VGT any better for LM racing?

@GTP Ziggy- Thanks for the long post on the 908 HDi, it never really crossed my mind as a very good car however, but with your passion for it I will buy it! I grinded a few more millions of credits with the 200% bonus and will get myself the 787B Stealth model (or original model I still haven't decided yet), the 908 HDi, the TS030, and the V12 LMR. I was thinking on the R92CB but seeing that the MINOLTA 88C-V has the same powerplant and even more PP I'm going to pass that one off.
As for the racing history- Sorry if I don't really follow pro racing very much, which probably explains my low depth of taste for LMS cars. Naturally all I go for are what the PP rating is and not much else, as for racing statistics that will be reserved for another day, another thread, however thanks again for the time put into that post!

@nataliereed84- Personally I probably don't share as much passion for LMS cars as I should, especially given the thread I've made- but yes I've looked into all the cars you mentioned and am planning to buy all the cars there besides the DELTA WING! I've already passed the 24 minutes of Le-mans in the career, but since I've made this topic I might as well just buy all the LMS cars and be done with it instead of it being the same thorn in the side it has been since I made this thread in the first place.

As for expenses and other related material I don't see limiting the number of cars I buy a very logical thing to do. I generally like to buy everything in any given game in order to demonstrate the mastery of it, instead of actually improving and fine-tuning my skill. Yes I know it's a bad habit but I've just played and beat so much Free-to-play games which are freakishly Pay-to-win that it's just a habit that's hard to shake off.

As for my taste in cars- I've always been quite a fan of strangely fast cars like the 1969 Oldsmobile with an engine packing over 1000 horsepower, or the RUF "Yellowbird" which was crazy fast when it was introduced. The red devil Camaro is also a great fun car, as well as other oddballs here and there. For super cars I see them as a necessity rather than vehicles of entertainment- I bought the 2,000,000 Credits Veyron just to complete some of the iA and S events, for example, instead of actually using it, tuning it, and evaluating it for my needs and wants. For the car itself- I did admire it's speed but it was overall just another pile of junk collecting dust in my garage.

Cars that I actually want/have a passion for are usually on the very bottom of my shopping list. They're usually those cars that suck quite a lot of ass but are extraordinarily fun when attached with turbos and whatnot. The Nissan TODAY is one of those, I bought it for what 10,000 Credits and I laughed while driving it for 10 minutes straight. You know those are the cars that bring joy, rather than those boringly fast super cars and LMS cars that I just require to complete certain events.

I do however admire many of the top-class brands but they are just boring to drive. As for tuning- I never really understood tuning much anyways, although I probably don't have an issue with copying other peoples' tunes.

No problem, I enjoy writing about racing history!

I find myself unable to use the Chaparall as well. The non adjustable suspension and everything else had me bottoming out and had the thing shaking like a siezure ridden screen door through a Nurburgring lap. Is the Aston Martin VGT any better for LM racing?

Yeah, I started tweaking around with the tuning and I had honestly no idea what I was doing. Hilarious thing to drive, although "leaving the LM55 to die" is a bit of a stretch. Maybe I'll get better at racing and be able to drive it then.
No problem, I enjoy writing about racing history!

Very good then! Racing history interests me although I never really pursued it as in-depth as you, although reading the little snips in the Car info tabs of the dealership is very nice.

Quick question: Why would someone get the Mclaren GTR BMW '95 when they could get the Mclaren GTR '97?

The '97 model doesn't have an interior. To some people (like me), an interior is required for a more immersive experience. Also, models with interiors look better due to more time being spent on them. Compare the taillights of a '99 S15 to an '02 S15 and you'll see that the '02 model has headlights and taillights that are a separate part of the body, instead of looking like a light up sticker like the '99 model.

The '97 model doesn't have an interior. To some people (like me), an interior is required for a more immersive experience. Also, models with interiors look better due to more time being spent on them. Compare the taillights of a '99 S15 to an '02 S15 and you'll see that the '02 model has headlights and taillights that are a separate part of the body, instead of looking like a light up sticker like the '99 model.

Well yeah... but for someone who's actually serious about just passing the event instead of passing it... in style. I don't really regard the interior being very important, I just believe in raw power and handling.

So disregarding the interior and exterior looks/paints completely- is the '97 model, which costs 50,000 CR more and having more PP, better overall than the '95 model?

Oh... and well sorry for all the questions

I've pretty much got every single god damn LMS car there is in the game after these past few days of grinding, but I haven't gotten the chance to buy these few:
  • R10 TDI (Or it's stealth model, I finally decided to get the 787B Stealth instead of the regular one) and R8 Race car
  • Deltawing
  • XJR-9
  • All of the older (earlier than 1980) LMS cars
  • Mclaren F1 GTR '95 and '97 models
  • GT-One TS020
  • Nissan R92C/P and R930 and GTR LM Nismo
  • Mercedes CLK GTR
So I've just got a couple of quick questions: Should I really get the Nissan R92CP if I already have the MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V? Originally I saw they both had the exact same Horsepower (788 HP) engines and the PP on the MINOLTA was higher than the Nissan's so I passed it off, but after digging around the Wiki and other sites the R92CP seems... not bad. But I don't really want to waste 2,000,000 CR for a car that I (pretty much, practically speaking) already have. To add on: Is there anything else I should get on the list above?

...And just as an FYI, I managed to pass the 24 Minutes of Le-mans with the Mazda VGT at around 23 seconds ahead of the second-place car. No tuning and just a slight Top speed increase to 242 MPH... I thought that was not bad. But it is a shame I didn't try out Nataliereed743's recommended tune... What strikes me as extraordinarily surprising given the fact that I used every other car I had, including these:
  • MINOLTA 88C-V
  • R18 TDI
  • C9 Sauber Mercedes
  • 905 Bis '1 LM
  • TS030 Hybrid
  • C60 Pescarolo Hybride
  • Bentley Speed 8
  • 787B Stealth model
  • BMW V12 LMR
And I couldn't even make it into the Top 3 with any of them, yet I manage to get First by 1/3 of a minute with the cheapest car I ever bought for the LMS class. And I really suck at driving, because I proved a miserable failure with some of the very best LMS cars in the entire game.

Now... to get the Toyota 7 for all the Historical race car events I missed and that Expert level seasonal I managed to 10th place in... Or should I get another Historical (earlier than 1970) race car?

Thanks again for all the help guys. I really appreciated it! :)

Oh... and well sorry for all the questions

I've pretty much got every single god damn LMS car there is in the game after these past few days of grinding, but I haven't gotten the chance to buy these few:
  • R10 TDI (Or it's stealth model, I finally decided to get the 787B Stealth instead of the regular one) and R8 Race car
  • Deltawing
  • XJR-9
  • All of the older (earlier than 1980) LMS cars
  • Mclaren F1 GTR '95 and '97 models
  • GT-One TS020
  • Nissan R92C/P and R930 and GTR LM Nismo
  • Mercedes CLK GTR
So I've just got a couple of quick questions: Should I really get the Nissan R92CP if I already have the MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V? Originally I saw they both had the exact same Horsepower (788 HP) engines and the PP on the MINOLTA was higher than the Nissan's so I passed it off, but after digging around the Wiki and other sites the R92CP seems... not bad. But I don't really want to waste 2,000,000 CR for a car that I (pretty much, practically speaking) already have. To add on: Is there anything else I should get on the list above?

...And just as an FYI, I managed to pass the 24 Minutes of Le-mans with the Mazda VGT at around 23 seconds ahead of the second-place car. No tuning and just a slight Top speed increase to 242 MPH... I thought that was not bad. But it is a shame I didn't try out Nataliereed743's recommended tune... What strikes me as extraordinarily surprising given the fact that I used every other car I had, including these:
  • MINOLTA 88C-V
  • R18 TDI
  • C9 Sauber Mercedes
  • 905 Bis '1 LM
  • TS030 Hybrid
  • C60 Pescarolo Hybride
  • Bentley Speed 8
  • 787B Stealth model
  • BMW V12 LMR
And I couldn't even make it into the Top 3 with any of them, yet I manage to get First by 1/3 of a minute with the cheapest car I ever bought for the LMS class. And I really suck at driving, because I proved a miserable failure with some of the very best LMS cars in the entire game.

Now... to get the Toyota 7 for all the Historical race car events I missed and that Expert level seasonal I managed to 10th place in... Or should I get another Historical (earlier than 1970) race car?

Thanks again for all the help guys. I really appreciated it! :)
The Chaparral 2J will carry you through the Historical events without trouble, but be warned of its understeer.

I think the Peugeot 905 is the best because it has superb handling if tuned right pretty light weight and it feels like a legitimate F1 car it has really good acceleration for an lmp/Group C car if you put racing soft tires you will get slot out of the Peugeot 905 bis lm EVO

In my opinion. If you want reliability, buy the deltawing!. I remember one of the last christmas holliday's seasonals at death valley, and I had to reduce the pp to 600pp to enter. In that race, I completely changed my mind about the 'wing!. It was so firm to the ground, good grip, good power, but most at all, I didn't have to enter to pits in the whole race while others had to, and it was 15 laps I guess... Defintely worth the money!.

Try driving one at 700pp? Takes some getting use too... I hope to use this in the seasonal at Sarthe. First try, not so good.. lol.

Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd was my goto LMP, over 800 miles and a full chassis and engine rebuild. The make believe Chaparall 2X is faster, but not as satisfying.

Back