Best line in a movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bollocks#999
  • 164 comments
  • 10,642 views
"wait a minute, old man jankins wasn't there... matter of fact i dont know no old man jankins" - half baked

"McLovin!!! WHY!?" - superbad

lightning mcquin says"he won a piston cup" mater asks "he did what in his cup?" - cars

"ask dick farm dunn" - jackass number 2

"how the f@#$ you get a scar from eating p*ssy mang?" - scarface

"bark twice if your in new mexico" - anchorman

and basicly all the diologue between the 2 brothers in night at the roxbury
 
I always like these ones from Under Seige 2:

Penn, Lead Merc: Assumption is the mother of all **** up's!

Travis Dane: Ryback's tactics.
Penn: Ryback?
Travis Dane: That's what it says - Ryback.
Mercenary # 2: Casey ****in' Ryback?
Mercenary #1: Jesus Christ.
Travis Dane: Who's Casey ****ing Ryback?
 
This has always been a great line from Dirty Harry:

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
 
So many quotes are Great and totally memorable but I have a favourite person to deliver them :lol: ... good ole Clint ;)

Jail Binger: I don't like soldier boys.
Highway: Say what?
Jail Binger: If you wanna pop that puppy's can you don't have to grease him so hard, jarhead.
Highway: Well, it sounds like you're a man of experience.
Jail Binger: What the hell's that supposed to mean, grunge ****.
Highway: Be advised. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round in a flea's ass at 300 meters so why don't you go hump somebody else's leg, mutt face, before I push yours in.
Jail Binger: Ain't gonna be so smart with your balls stuffed in your mouth, jarhead!
Highway: [hands cigar to the young man] Hang on to this, boy. I think war's just been declared.


and a few others

Judge Zane: Thank you for your tesitmony, Officer Reese. Sergeant Highway, drunk and disorderly. Fighting in a public establishment. Urinating on a police vehicle?
Highway: Well, it seemed like the thing to do, sir.




Cop: I just want you to know that next time, it's your ass! I don't give no discounts to war heroes.
Highway: Too bad. Your old lady does.



Highway: Just because we're holding hands doesn't mean we'll be taking warm showers together until the wee hours of the morning.



Highway: You pump the neighbor's dog again, Jakes, or are you always slack eyed and silly in the afternoon.
Marine: Looks like you could use a little lift, Highway. Why don't you suck on one of these. Smooth as a prom queen's thigh only not quite as risky. Havana cured. Gotta pal over in Guantanamo in supply. We do each other favors. I've got lots of friends. Of course, I could always use another friend.
Highway: So that we can do each other favors?
Marine: Sure. See, if your pencil wasn't quite so sharp and your eyesight not quite so clear around here I could make your lot in the military life a lot more comfy. Not to mention down right rewardin'.
Highway: Sergeant, you get that contriband stogie out of my face before I push it so far up your ass you'll have to set fire to your nose to light it.





All the above quotes from the same movie! :p ... I could post Clint quotes all day from many films but will stop there ;)
 
Also from Withnail & I
I watched Withnail & I on the way home from SF! So many great quotes in that film!

Withnail: You'll be pleased to hear Monty's invited us for drinks.
Marwood: Balls to Monty. We're getting out.
Withnail: Balls to Monty? I've just spent an hour flattering the bugger!

One of my favourite lines from a film would have to be John Cleese in The Life of Brian:

Brian: I am NOT the Messiah!
Arthur: I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.

And The Big Lebowski:

The Dude: Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Malibu Police Chief: Mr. Treehorn draws a lot of water in this town. You don't draw ****, Lebowski. Now we got a nice, quiet little beach community here, and I aim to keep it nice and quiet. So let me make something plain. I don't like you sucking around, bothering our citizens, Lebowski. I don't like your jerk-off name. I don't like your jerk-off face. I don't like your jerk-off behavior, and I don't like you, jerk-off. Do I make myself clear?
The Dude: ....I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.

I also love the film Life Is Sweet, by Mike Leigh and especially the scene where Timothy Spall's character Aubrey gets a phone call from the girl he has hired to be a waitress in his new restaurant on the opening night...

Aubrey: She was calling from Heathrow! She's going away!"
Wendy: Where's she going?
Aubrey: Flippin' Prague!
Wendy: Oh no!... No, I'm sorry, that's not on..
Aubrey: You give someone a chance to better themselves, and what do they do? Piss off to Poland!"
 
See No Evil, Hear No Evil

Deaf Dave (Gene Wilder) and blind Wally (Richard Pryor) - get mistakenly involved with a murder and end up being interogated/interviewed at the police station.

Capt. Braddock: Okay no more bull****
Capt. Braddock: [to Dave, talking fast] was there or wasn't there a woman?
Dave: Are you serious?
Capt. Braddock: Yes I'm goddamn serious.
Dave: Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?
Capt. Braddock: What the hell is he taking about?
Wally: He reads lips. You're talking too fast.
Capt. Braddock: [to Dave, talking slowly] Was there... a wom-an... pres-ent?
Capt. Braddock: [to Capt. Braddock, talking slowly] Yes. There was... a wom-an... pres-ent.
Capt. Braddock: Why is he talking like that?
Wally: [to Capt. Braddock, talking slowly] Because he's deaf... not stup-id.
 
See No Evil, Hear No Evil

Deaf Dave (Gene Wilder) and blind Wally (Richard Pryor) - get mistakenly involved with a murder and end up being interogated/interviewed at the police station.

Capt. Braddock: Okay no more bull****
Capt. Braddock: [to Dave, talking fast] was there or wasn't there a woman?
Dave: Are you serious?
Capt. Braddock: Yes I'm goddamn serious.
Dave: Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?
Capt. Braddock: What the hell is he taking about?
Wally: He reads lips. You're talking too fast.
Capt. Braddock: [to Dave, talking slowly] Was there... a wom-an... pres-ent?
Capt. Braddock: [to Capt. Braddock, talking slowly] Yes. There was... a wom-an... pres-ent.
Capt. Braddock: Why is he talking like that?
Wally: [to Capt. Braddock, talking slowly] Because he's deaf... not stup-id.

:lol: Awesome scene from an awesome movie. I'd like to quote a lot more from this movie, but I'll just do a few for now.

Dave: - "Today, I held up a woman with an erection. It's not everyday a guy gets to do that."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Wally: - "Where are we?"
Dave: - "Probably on our way to New Jersey by now."
Wally: - "No kidding! I got family in there! Do you wanna come with me?"
Dave: - "Of course. You've earned my trust, Wally. You've been a very good friend to me these past couple days. You're always there for me. You never get me into trouble. Sometimes it seems a bit boring but that's a small price to pay for such a wonderful friendship."
Wally: - "That's beautiful, Dave. Do you mean everything you just said?"
Dave: - "I'll tell you how I really feel in about a minute or two. Right now I'm a little overwhelmed by the STINK of the seven tons of garbage that you drove us into!"
Wally: - "Is THAT what it is? I thought you let one go! That's why I didn't say anything!"
Dave: - "That's very kind of you! Thank you!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Man: - "Sir, who are you?"
Dave: - "Fine, thank you."
 
My favorite line from any movie:

"It's 110 miles to Chicago. We have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."


My second favorite line:

"I don't wanna shoot you, and you don't wanna be dead."

Mal, to ambushers in "Silverado"

And another Ah-nold line:

Ahnold: Tell me where they are, and I'll kill you last."

Get's info drops guy off cliff then says: "I lied"
 
It is time to bring this thread back from the dead.
If this one hasn't been posted yet, there is a serious problem.
"The names Bond, James Bond."-Any James Bond Movie
and
"We can sell blood and semen"
"What? That is gross"
"Well, not mixed together."-Dodgeball
 
Probably an obscure one for most of you but still greatness.

From A League of Their Own:
Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks): Evelyn, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?

Evelyn Gardner (Bitty Schram): Well, I'm a Peach.

Jimmy Dugan: Well I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead. You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you. Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your ass.

[Evelyn starts to cry]

Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!

Doris Murphy (Rosie O'Donnell): Why don't you give her a break, Jimmy...

Jimmy Dugan: Oh, you zip it, Doris! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pig****. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?

Evelyn Gardner: No, no, no.

Jimmy Dugan: NO. NO. And do you know why?

Evelyn Gardner: No...

Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying!
 
Dracula
Renfield: I'm no lunatic man. I'm a sane man fighting for his soul.

Dracula
Renfield: Would you care for an hors d'oeuvre doctor?

Dracula
Dracula: What devil or witch was ever so great as Attila whose blood flows through these veins?

Dracula
Van Helsing: Ya, she was in great pain. We cut her head off and drove a stake through her heart and burned her, and then she found peace.

Dracula
Quincey Morris: And may I say that Miss Lucy is hotter than a June bride riding bareback buck naked in the middle of the Sahara!

Dracula
Mina: I love you! Oh, God forgive me, I do!


So many to choose.
 
Jules: I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished. Well then, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
Brett: What?
Jules: What country are you from?
Brett: What?
Jules: What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: English, mother****er, do you speak it?
Brett: Yes.
Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
Brett: Yes.
Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
Brett: What?
Jules: Say what again. Say what again, mother****er, say what one more Goddamn time!

Guess movie :sly:
 
I'm a Gay Baby: The Race Idiot Story?
 
"The timer on that 9 foot nuclear weapon is ticking" Armageddon
 
Name anything from Bad Boys 2 and you'll die laughing.

"Mike, the mutha***** head fell off!"

"Wh..wh...wh..wha...what am I gonna do with these bigass dead titties?"

"Do you ever rub ya leather?"

And in the famous "I like it when you call me 'bunny nipples'."
 
Back