Best line in a movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bollocks#999
  • 164 comments
  • 10,642 views
Fave line from a Kurosawa movie. Yojimbo. After killing two gangster scum and slicing the arm off another 'Yojimbo' walks past the coffin maker and says whilst looking back at the carnage - "Two.....maybe three coffins." And this was filmed in 1961!

You might remember the line from the Eastwood/Leone "A Fistful of Dollars" but the original is better...so very cool!
 
GilesGuthrie
From Monty Python's Life of Brian:
"Are you from the Judean People's Front?"
"**** off! We're from the People's Front of Judea."
:lol: 👍

Although The Life of Brian is one of the less-funny Monty Pythons IMO.
 
demon of speed
"Hey freeze bi**c!!"

"You freeze bi**c!!"

"Oh s**t, I'm ****ed".

"Now back up, put the gun down and get me a pack of Tropical fruit bubblisious".

"Yeah, and some Skittles".


Badboys.

That was a pretty funny scene. :lol:
 
Der Alta
"Clyde, scrap the car"

Three points to anyone other than Tom M or Neon_Duke that can name that movie.

AO
Would that be "Any which way but loose"?

I personally like line from "Princess Bride":after about the fifth time Vincini says "inconcievable!!" "....You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means..." -Inigo Montoya
 
"You ever had sex with a man?

"No."

"You want to?"

Bad boys 2.
 
ARTHUR:
Well, u-- um, can we come up and have a look?
FRENCH GUARD:
Of course not! You are English types-a!
ARTHUR:
Well, what are you, then?
FRENCH GUARD:
I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king-a?!
GALAHAD:
What are you doing in England?
FRENCH GUARD:
Mind your own business!


Then a little later...

FRENCH GUARD:
I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
GALAHAD:
Is there someone else up there we could talk to?
FRENCH GUARD:
No. Now, go away, or I shall taunt you a second time-a!

:lol:
 
"I know you don't smoke weed, I know this. But it's Friday, you ain't got no job and you ain't got **** to do."

friday
 
demon of speed
"I know you don't smoke weed, I know this. But it's Friday, you ain't got no job and you ain't got **** to do."

friday

That's about it right there bud. Friday was a great movie.
 
A 'XXX' quote, please excuse me, but I laugh my asss off when I hear it...

" Beetches Come !! "
big russian dude at the club.
 
Swift
That's about it right there bud. Friday was a great movie.


👍

Ezel: Smokey? Is that you? Eh, what you doin?
Smokey: Aww...nuttin man! I...I aint doin nuttin!
Ezel: Smokey...you takin a ****? Smokey! You takin a ****!!
Smokey: Hey Ezel, dont tell nobody man!
Ezel: Haha...I wont...HEY EVERYBODY!! SMOKEY BACK HERE TAKIN A ****!! Don't worry, I won't tell nobody else!


:lol: :lol:

Where's that "rotfl" smiley?!
 
Integra Type R
👍

Ezel: Smokey? Is that you? Eh, what you doin?
Smokey: Aww...nuttin man! I...I aint doin nuttin!
Ezel: Smokey...you takin a ****? Smokey! You takin a ****!!
Smokey: Hey Ezel, dont tell nobody man!
Ezel: Haha...I wont...HEY EVERYBODY!! SMOKEY BACK HERE TAKIN A ****!! Don't worry, I won't tell nobody else!


:lol: :lol:

Where's that "rotfl" smiley?!

Another good one. But the best line, when I had to pause the movie, "You got knocked the **** out man!" :lol::lol::lol:
 
"No Luke, I am your father". The Empire Strikes Back.

Okay not a great line, but certainly memorable when I saw the film aged 10!
 
Swift
Another good one. But the best line, when I had to pause the movie, "You got knocked the **** out man!" :lol::lol::lol:



:lol: :lol:

Guy: Hey Debo, rememeber that bike I let you borrow? Well, I, well my pops was wondering if i could have it back?
Debo: Hell nah man!
Guy: Come on Debo!
Debo *smack*!
Smokey: *runs over go guy* "You got knocked the **** OUT!

It was hilarious in Friday After Next when Craig and DayDay both knock out that guy that was stealing everything...

Craig: You got knock the **** out! BIATCH!

From the first movie...

Smokey: Craig, tell your dad to come his hair or something...it looks like a bunch of spiders having a convention on top of his head or sumfin!

Mr. Jones: Don't nobody go in the bafroom for about 35-45 minutes! And someone open up a window!

Pastor: *lady across street bends over* Oh Lord have mercy! He know what I want!

rotfl.gif

(found it! :D)
 
Integra Type R
:lol: :lol:

Guy: Hey Debo, rememeber that bike I let you borrow? Well, I, well my pops was wondering if i could have it back?
Debo: Hell nah man!
Guy: Come on Debo!
Debo *smack*!
Smokey: *runs over go guy* "You got knocked the **** OUT!

It was hilarious in Friday After Next when Craig and DayDay both knock out that guy that was stealing everything...

Craig: You got knock the **** out! BIATCH!

From the first movie...

Smokey: Craig, tell your dad to come his hair or something...it looks like a bunch of spiders having a convention on top of his head or sumfin!

Mr. Jones: Don't nobody go in the bafroom for about 35-45 minutes! And someone open up a window!

Pastor: *lady across street bends over* Oh Lord have mercy! He know what I want!

rotfl.gif

(found it! :D)


I love this film, here's one of my fav quotes.

PASTOR : "What we call drugs at the 74th street Baptist church , we call the sin of sin sins."

Smokey : Well round here between Normandie and Western, we call this a twenny twen twen. ****a."

Pastor : "Just give me some for my cataracts."

Smoke : You didn't put in on this man!"
 
"Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity."

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

"Do you like movies about gladiators?"

"Oh, I’m sorry, did I break you concentration?"

"Yes its true, this man has no d!ck."

"Ray, what did you do?"

"What kind of sick demented ***** takes the ice cube trays?"

"Could we keep this between us, I would hate to lose my teaching job."

"Buddy the elf, whats your favorite color?"

Just a few . . .
 
"So, the Space Visitor visits the President at the White House, and President Eisenhower says to him, 'Look, give us your techology, and we'll give you all the cow lips you can eat.' "

"Check the papers, cow mutilations are up!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"And what do you want?"

"I want peace on Earth, and goodwill towards men."

"Be serious!"

He is serious! He really means it."

"I want peace on Earth, and goodwill towards men."

"We are the United States Government! We don't do that sort of thing!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pain? Try prison."

"No more secrets, Marty."

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Uh, Doris? Will you have breakfast with me sometime?

"Sure, OK."

"Shall I phone you, or nudge you?"

Sneakers
 
slackbladder
Fave line from a Kurosawa movie. Yojimbo. After killing two gangster scum and slicing the arm off another 'Yojimbo' walks past the coffin maker and says whilst looking back at the carnage - "Two.....maybe three coffins." And this was filmed in 1961!

You might remember the line from the Eastwood/Leone "A Fistful of Dollars" but the original is better...so very cool!

Yes! I've always liked Sanjuro better though.

My favorite is from Pulp Fiction:

Jule: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

In the same scene: What country are you from?, "what" ain't no country I've ever heard of, they speak english in "what"?
 
"I don't remember asking you a God damned thing."

- Jules

I think you could seriously post the Pulp Fiction script in its entirety in this topic.
 
Zrow
"I don't remember asking you a God damned thing."

- Jules

I think you could seriously post the Pulp Fiction script in its entirety in this topic.

I think you're right.
 
Zrow
"I don't remember asking you a God damned thing."

- Jules

I think you could seriously post the Pulp Fiction script in its entirety in this topic.

Yeah, pretty much. 👍
 
Well, I'm dusting off and old, old thread.

40 Year-Old Virgin



"Please let that be the end of your speech."

--------------------------------------------------------

"This is not a good look for me!"

"You look like a 'Man-O-Lantern.'"

--------------------------------------------------------

"You know how I know you're gay? You made a spinach dip in a sourdough bread, once."

-------------------------------------------------------

"I can't pee in public! I've got a mental block about it!"

------------------------------------------------------

"I was wondering if you had enough time to talk about laundry detergent?"

-------------------------------------------------------

"Do you want me to be retarded?"
 
Serenity

Mal: "You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you've all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I ever have before. Maybe all. Because as sure as I know anything I know this: they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people ... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running: I aim to misbehave."

*

The Operative: "Do you know what your sin is, Mal?"
Mal: "Aw, hell ... I'm a fan of all seven. But right now, I'm gonna have to go with wrath!"

*

Mal: "I start fighting a war, I guarantee you'll see something new."

*

Wash: "I ama leaf on the wind; watch how I soar."

*

Mal: "Faster! Faster! Faster would be better!"

*

Actually, come to think of it, every line in the Big Damn Movie is a good one.
 
Heh, that reminds me of....

Mal: Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir!
Mal: Ain't we just?

I could post so much stuff from Serenity and Firefly.

Bandit: You gonna give us what's due us. And every damn thing else on that boat. And I think maybe you gonna give me a little one-on-one time with the missus.
Jayne: Oh, I think you might wanna reconsider that last part. See, I married me a powerful ugly creature.
[The "woman" looks up — it's Mal in a dress.]
Mal: How can you say that? How can you shame me in front of new people?
Jayne: If I could make you prettier I would!
Mal: You are not the man I met a year ago!
[Mal and Jayne get the draw on the bandits.]
Mal: Now think real hard. You been bird-doggin' this township awhile now. They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.
 
Our Mrs. Reynolds. Best damn episode this side of Serenity Part 1/Part 2 ...

Inara: So … explain to me again why Zoë wasn't in the dress?
Mal: Tactics, woman. Needed her in the back. Besides, them soft cotton dresses feel kinda nice. There's a whole … airflow.
Inara: And you'd know that because … ?
Mal: You can't open the book of my life and jump in the middle. Like woman, I am a mystery.
Inara: Best keep it that way. I withdraw the question.

*

Book: If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.

*

Mal: You woulda kissed her too.
Zoë: Wash didn't.
Mal: But she was naked! And all … articulate!
Wash: Okay! Everybody not talking about sex, in here. Everybody else, elsewhere.

*

Mal: Zoë, would you get Wash?
Zoë: [on the intercom] This is Zoë. We need all personnel in the cargo bay.
Mal: "All"? I said Wash!
Zoë: Captain, everyone should have a chance to congratulate you on your day of bliss.
Mal: There's no bliss. I don't know this girl!
Jayne: Then can I know her?
Zoë: Jayne! Don't sully this.
Mal: You are going to be cleaning out latrines with your face if you don't cut that out.
 
Rory Breaker to Nick The Greek in 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels'

''If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya.
Now mister bubble and squeak, you may enlighten me....''
 
'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels'

A great film and source of immortal lines!

Nick The Greek "I need a sample."

Tubby Tommy "No Can Do"

Nick The Greek "What's that? A place near Katmandu? Meet me halfway mate!"

Tubby Tommy "It's Kosher, as Christmas."

Nick The Greek "The Jews don't celebrate Christmas Tommy!"


Also from Withnail & I

Withnail "MONTY! You terrible C-U-🤬-T!"

also

Danny The Drug Dealer "A Camberwell Carrot starts with a cross and can utilise up to twelve skins."

Withnail "It's impossible to roll a joint with twelve skins!"

Danny The Drug Dealer "It's impossible to roll a Camberwell Carrot with anything less! "
 
If anyone has seen Slither they will know that that is full of great lines, most of which are not repeatable in polite society/on GTP.

And if you haven't seen it, you very much should 👍
 
Rory Breaker to Nick The Greek in 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels'

''If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya.
Now mister bubble and squeak, you may enlighten me....''

Good call. 👍
 
V for Vendetta
V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valourous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kind of scary to memorize it...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Dog- Way of the Samurai
Even if one's head were to be suddenly cut off, he should be able to do one more action with certainty. With martial valor, if one becomes like a revengeful ghost and shows great determination, though his head is cut off, he should not die
. ( Ghost Dog: The way of the Samurai )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATL
Uncle George: Pleasure turns to the pain, Of the lessons learned from the strain Of the questions burned in my brain, About whether to love is humane in its touch. These thoughts are like salmon swimming upstream in the tears of your deceit. Fighting the current hurt that kills more than is created by the chaos of our intertwined emotions. Chatoic because the anchor of Eros' arrow has been plucked from the vessel of my undying infatuation. Separation not as simple as the distance between us My mind no longer possessed by the demons that had been the overseers of my enslavement to your lies. The seeds of these lies rooted so deeply they have cracked the foundation of what we once shared. Allowing the faith in us I had sealed inside to gush out like a river, Ripping the image of our future together from my thoughts as violently and as brutally as if it were a child being taken from his mother's arms. I'm left surrounded in darkness but I refuse to be swallowed by it. My loneliness like the night air. Invisible to the eye, obvious to the touch, In its cold uncomfortableness Yet if I could do it all over again, I'd do it in the same skin I'm in. To lay down and let love die, Just stay down and let love lie, No, no, not I. I'll stay 'round and let love fly, Even though I have seen its darkest form, deceit. Nothing else could taste this warm or feel this sweet.
 
Back