BEST Looking Standard Model Cars

• Thread starter hsoomal
  • 89 comments
There are a few levels of standard cars it seems. Those imported from GT4, those imported from GT PSP and those that are totally new but still standard. The quality improves accordingly, so most of the GT PSP cars look pretty good but a lot of the imports from GT4 look pretty bad. I can't remember which cars are totally new but still standard, I think there are a few.

My vote's on Countach, although the Bugatti Veyron looks almost like a premium model from the outside. Jagge XFR is also fine.

Even bad looking cars can be saved with the right paint job. Unfortunately it has to be something dark everytime.

The Alfa 155 in my profile pic looks pretty good, but the sponsor graphics are kinda poor on it, I have a bigger pic when I get home... next to what quite possibly is the worst looking model in the game the Mercedes CLK-DTM (one of my favorite cars too :( ), it looks like its from GT1.

Spyker C8 have you seeeeeeeeen the interior of that car ?

2001_Spyker_C8_Laviolette_coupe_interior.JPG

just need upgrade ever car in dam game to premium all this standard premium is nonsense i use standards more than premiums i just hate that i cant change the rims atleast!

From What I've seen:

Lamborghini Countach
Bugatti Veyron
Jaguar XFR
Volkswagen Bora
RUF Yellowbird
RUF RGT
Honda Accord Euro R
Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-B
Mitsubishi ECLIPSE 95
Mazda Axela
Mazda Cosmo Sport
Ford Focus RS
Daihatsu Midget II
Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept
Chaparral 2D Race Car
Audi Nuvolari quattro

I would think that the good looking standard cars will be possible to upgrade to premium without too much trouble (which still seems like a lot of trouble :crazy:). Some standard cars still need some polishing before I even want to imagine what they could be like in premium quality. Not to mention that some premiums could use some extra work when it comes to interiors and rims.

I personally hope for a lot of the Japanese classics will make their way into premium.

Man I really like the Audi R8 LMS also, I got every single colour of it on GT PSP. But I haven't seen it pop up on the UCD in GT5 yet and so would really hope I get one soon. I think it's the best looking standard car after looking at some photos of it.

Also, does anyone know how much it costs in the UCD?

2010 Jaguar XFR. I don't like how it looks, but it is one of the standard cars that already looks like it could pass off as a premium (except for the painted body lines and single-piece body).

Best looking has to be Lambo Countach. Only needs about 100 polygons for an accurate representation, so they couldn't screw it up too bad.

2010 Jaguar XFR. I don't like how it looks, but it is one of the standard cars that already looks like it could pass off as a premium (except for the painted body lines and single-piece body).

Thats one of those cars that makes zero sense. I mean its a brand new 2010 model, but they modelled it standard. Like why?

Definitely the FGT. Why would they devote a whole event to that car and leave it standard. Pretty much any car that you are forced into buying/driving should be premium IMO. Also the Minolta, seeig as they pretty much make sure you use it quite a bit.

Other than that, all of the muscle cars, the veyron, fireblade and maybe the 2002 turbo.

There is a good chance that cars go through several steps as they are being built... and possibly different artists too... The lowest of the standards my be just half way... also note there are several cars that are standard that were not in GT4... But at the end of the day they realized these cars were good enough to drive and fill out a grid... but stopped short of the photomode...

As confused as I am about the standard vs premium but I have no doubt they intended to have all premium cars or learned how to do much more detailed cars very late in the dev cycle... This decision was probably reached back when they hinted at releasing around Forza 3 time... and it just stuck as they focused on other things the past year...

Personally, I think a lot of standard cars can look beautiful 👍 And I'd love to see some premium DTM cars, and maybe some more classic rally cars. Personally I think the Caterham should be up for premium-ification, because the interior is already modelled.

I have provided some pictures of premiums looking pretty :)

My favourite photo that I've ever taken of standard cars

Nürburgring Nordschleife_8 by e5ac8f1e8a814d4858529496740334e3, on Flickr

Alaska (Snow)_1 by e5ac8f1e8a814d4858529496740334e3, on Flickr

Trial Mountain Circuit by e5ac8f1e8a814d4858529496740334e3, on Flickr

Man I really like the Audi R8 LMS also, I got every single colour of it on GT PSP. But I haven't seen it pop up on the UCD in GT5 yet and so would really hope I get one soon. I think it's the best looking standard car after looking at some photos of it.

Also, does anyone know how much it costs in the UCD?

just over $5 million for the black team playstation version

Well some of the DTM cars are good looking, I love the "looks" of the CLK DTM but its pretty poor quality wise, the Alfa 155 OTOH is great:

o3u6w3ieiqfol6hmgg0.jpg

My profile pic Enlarged:

gziagtsafu5y624al0.jpg

Latest Posts

Back