BEST Looking Standard Model Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter hsoomal
  • 89 comments
  • 12,141 views
Well, since Kaz said:

"If you were a car, what would you be?
I might be a German car. Maybe a BMW..."

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/kazunori-yamauchi-interview-gran-turismo-5?imageNo=9

I'm hoping they'll show the e46 BMW models some love (specially the CSL, which sounds completely wrong and has the wrong wheels right now).

I sure hope so, because the premium BMW selection is pretty lame. Hopefully a premium e30 and e46 M3. Possible an e36, e39 M5, old school M6, premium 2002. wishful thinking
 
Best quality standard car is defiantly the Jay Leno Tank Car

Looks premium
 
I hate standard cars, theres no point modding them cause you cant use them in photo mode or see inside, (At least i couldn't last time i tried) that said, the best looking one is the fiat 500 old model, can't beat that 👍
 
call me old school

FTO LM Edition er, super touring car....

also, I'd like to see a return of the GTO LM

Other cars that come to mind are,

Aston Martin Vanquish, Ford GT cars...all of them, TVR T350

the Venturi's, the Listers, the Vectors, Elise GT1.....oh wait...

More RM models would be happily accepted as well.
 
Hmmm, was going to close the thread... but the topic of "which Standards look best" hasn't been covered, though the "which would you like to see Premiumized" topic definitely has (clicky clicky). So uh, carry-on!

Just curious, but as both questions are basically just asking for opinion, at what point DOES something get 'covered'?

After every single member has chimed in, after x number of days, or whenever a Moderator FEELS like closing it? Just curious, mind you... :sly:
 
None standard cars are all ugly

and which one i hope make the cut

toyota gt1
tt zz-2
audi r8 lmp race car 2001
 
The Toyota GT-One looks ok but I wish it was premium so we could get the interior. Also the Minolta. Both of these cars are such a staple in this series I don't understand why they didn't get the premium treatment first. At least the 787B made it.

Also the wheel problems are not limited to standards. My ACME tires will help catch that roadrunner:

Siena%20-%20Piazza%20del%20Campo.jpg
 
We all know that the Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09 is going to be upgraded to a premium car.
 
The BMW GTR definately has some looks, even for a standard,
But like most liveried standard cars, get up close and the textures start to make you sad, I dont even want to think about the R34 Pace Car, I dry heave when I see the horrible textures on the 'real driving simulator' text on that car:sick:

But anyway back to the lookers:

Click for larger image.

Any BMW thats gets a premium treatment is a good thing in my book, and you can't ever have enough LMP's.
 
The alfa 155 DTM car deserves some premium love too.
 
The TVR speed 12 looks very nice and is freaking awsome (compared to GT4) to drive.

I also like the DTM cars espacially the TT-R

And last but not least the Jaguar XFR ´10 (The one you get for golding the 3rd TGTT-Event) is very nice for a standard.
 
TVR T350c



Jaguar E-Type


The "hot-rod" is also a great standard model, but don't know the manufacturer (apart from it's US)...
 
Lancia Delta S4 as my vote to be prem.
Audi ur Quattro
Both are legends.

I would be happy with all the race cars upped to Prem.

Not loads of Skylines though.

Think the LMP cars look good in SD
👍
 
I like Suzuki Escudo and All BMW specialy BMW 320i touring car and BMW GTR
 
The Toyota GT-One looks ok but I wish it was premium so we could get the interior. Also the Minolta. Both of these cars are such a staple in this series I don't understand why they didn't get the premium treatment first. At least the 787B made it.

Also the wheel problems are not limited to standards. My ACME tires will help catch that roadrunner:

Siena%20-%20Piazza%20del%20Campo.jpg

That really is poor.
 
We all know that the Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09 is going to be upgraded to a premium car.

Yes I hope so and so should the version with no livery.
 
Not the most glamorous car in GT5 and it was a GT4 import, but the '78 Colt 1400 could pass off as Premium. With the right tuning you can win the Turbo Trophy at High Speed Ring too.

5308785101_c3ace6e9c0_z.jpg
 
The C9 looks pretty good to me from a distance:

NrburgringNordschleife_2-2.jpg
 
Compared to other standards, its not that bad up close either.

The Nissan R390 GT1 on the other hand is just ugh.
 
I like the engine detail on the toyota 7 and I think the Hyper genki silvia looks fairly good too, especially for a standard with sponsors on it.
 
There are a few levels of standard cars it seems. Those imported from GT4, those imported from GT PSP and those that are totally new but still standard. The quality improves accordingly, so most of the GT PSP cars look pretty good but a lot of the imports from GT4 look pretty bad. I can't remember which cars are totally new but still standard, I think there are a few.

No, that couldn't be further from the truth. By definition, standard cars are models taken from past games in the series.
 
Back