Best-looking widebody kits, or other GT Auto options?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 125 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Understandably from a modeling standpoint, not all widebodies are created equal in the world of GT7. Most of them seem to simply move out the fenders a tiny bit - very subtle. But I've noticed that some cars have more notable aesthetic changes when previewing a widebody - and that's in addition to the upgrade in performance that all widebodies provide, too.

So far, I've noticed the Mini Cooper S '65 and the Toyota Corolla Levin (AE86) have these more remarkable widebody options. I think the Honda NSX Type R '92 and the Volkswagen Beetle 1200 are more examples of cars that get more notable changes with a widebody. This is in addition to the Nissan Skyline GT-R R33, the Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, and at least one variant of the BMW 3.0 CSL. What other cars have you noticed?

I also wanted to discuss how some cars have more interesting options for rear wings, grilles, roll cages, and so on than others. Whereas it seems that most cars have a set of relatively basic options, but some clearly have more, like how the BMW M3 E92 and the aforementioned Toyota Corolla Levin can have roll cages installed, which in my experience, has been a relatively unusual option. Or how the Camaro Z28 can have three alternative grilles, and the Mini Cooper '05 can have a different grille, too.

EDIT: And if someone could tell me if they've added any more center-lock wheel designs over those that were already in GT Sport, that'd be great, too.

Last edited:
The 95' Integra Type R's got a nice bodykit option.
deets.png

I was just fiddling with a spare Nissan Silvia Q's that I had, and even though the widebody is incredibly subtle, it does seem to have some nice options in GT Auto otherwise.

Last edited:
GT7's customizations are highly overrated. Just for some reason PD got a heaps of praise for reaching the bare minimum compared to the previous game, when it's just adding changes to the car that are little to not noticeable. So there's practically no customizing still. PD is still as terrible as ever in this aspect (or many other aspects that went unexposed), snap back to reality.

Y'know, just like how PD itself works, keep recycling anything from previous games and fearing from trying to change or spice up things. And they apply that to cars too, scared of giving cars different bumper shape.

Last edited:
The Hakosuka Skyline has a cool widebody kit.
Yeah, I especially can see it with how the front fenders change.

Anyway, I think the classic Fiat 500 is now in the UCD again, so I’m thinking of buying a spare to compliment the one I won in the menus, which I plan to leave as-stock. I’ll take this second 500 and check out how the widebody looks.

Last edited:
Understandably from a modeling standpoint, not all widebodies are created equal in the world of GT7. Most of them seem to simply move out the fenders a tiny bit - very subtle. But I've noticed that some cars have more notable aesthetic changes when previewing a widebody - and that's in addition to the upgrade in performance that all widebodies provide, too.

So far, I've noticed the Mini Cooper S '65 and the Toyota Corolla Levin (AE86) have these more remarkable widebody options. I think the Honda NSX Type R '92 and the Volkswagen Beetle 1200 are more examples of cars that get more notable changes with a widebody. This is in addition to the Nissan Skyline GT-R R33, the Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, and at least one variant of the BMW 3.0 CSL. What other cars have you noticed?

I also wanted to discuss how some cars have more interesting options for rear wings, grilles, roll cages, and so on than others. Whereas it seems that most cars have a set of relatively basic options, but some clearly have more, like how the BMW M3 E92 and the aforementioned Toyota Corolla Levin can have roll cages installed, which in my experience, has been a relatively unusual option. Or how the Camaro Z28 can have three alternative grilles, and the Mini Cooper '05 can have a different grille, too.

EDIT: And if someone could tell me if they've added any more center-lock wheel designs over those that were already in GT Sport, that'd be great, too.
KPGC10 ( Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R ) it looks very nice to.

GT7's customizations are highly overrated. Just for some reason PD got a heaps of praise for reaching the bare minimum compared to the previous game, when it's just adding changes to the car that are little to not noticeable. So there's practically no customizing still. PD is still as terrible as ever in this aspect (or many other aspects that went unexposed), snap back to reality.

Y'know, just like how PD itself works, keep recycling anything from previous games and fearing from trying to change or spice up things. And they apply that to cars too, scared of giving cars different bumper shape.
No. Not quite sure how anyone can say there is practically no customisation, I'd even say its deeper than Forza's customisation which still persists with the god awful standard front lip and spoiler for anything that doesn't have bespoke kits and wide body mods for about 20 cars?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The OG Golf GTi gets some nice flared arches, the R33 and R32 Skylines have nice custom part options, lots of the Porsche 911s have really cool looking spoiler removal which imitate lower spec cars but also some factory larger wings as well.

You're right, no customizing still, as shown below;

ad6d7e21d8389e1df448d9ae262fad1e_photo.webp

There's practically no customization guys, remember that.
Livery editor was also in GT Sport and it wasn't a game that is said to have customization (and it also had the wheel), while GT7 also was heralded as a return of GT Auto - return of "car customization", but they never allow to really change the car parts except subtle and little parts that is more unnoticeable.

The wheels and wings also existed in GT4 (and for the former, since GT2) and those aren't games you'd call having customization.
No. Not quite sure how anyone can say there is practically no customisation, I'd even say its deeper than Forza's customisation which still persists with the god awful standard front lip and spoiler for anything that doesn't have bespoke kits and wide body mods for about 20 cars?
Forza's customization is something that gave noticeable difference in car design like others, I wonder what'd be another game that you approved in its customization if you'd view Forza this way. I mean GT7's customization for the aeros are just similar to GT5/GT6, and those aren't games that'd be known/praised for its customization, but GT7 somehow gets different treatment? (there's Wide Body but most are just subtle widening).
The OG Golf GTi gets some nice flared arches, the R33 and R32 Skylines have nice custom part options, lots of the Porsche 911s have really cool looking spoiler removal which imitate lower spec cars but also some factory larger wings as well.
Then it's also a case of only a few cars getting more effort in customization. Usual half-assing by PD like standard/premium cars previously as well as not all tracks getting dynamic weather. Even GT6 would also have certain cars that has "nice" customization like that and, again above.

Both GT and Forza have good and bad points for visual customization.
As a player of both games, I cannot say which is better.
I can only hope that with updates they will evolve with each other.

- The good thing about GT
  • Body kits are available for a relatively large number of vehicles.
  • No need to add an ugly front splitter to get downforce.
  • Racing style parts like painting roll cages, hood pins, and toe hooks are available.
  • All of the universal rear spoiler designs are excellent.
  • Exhaust upgrades bring visual changes.
  • Excellent modeling and a full lineup of sports/racing style aftermarket rims.
- The bad thing about GT
  • For many cars, body kits are only available in certain areas. In particular, very many cars do not have the rear bumper option.
  • Roll cages are also not available for many cars.
  • Unlike Forza, there is no generic rear spoiler for vintage cars in the game. If you want proper downforce in the rear, you have to install a tuner style GT wing on muscle car and vintage European car.
  • Many body kits are very modest. They only change the lip, and the bumper design remains stock.
  • There are few aftermarket rims, and too many rims are skewed toward sport and racing styles; there are few "show-off" style wheels like there were in the GT4 days. There are also fewer wheel brands themselves, with a bias toward Japan and European brands.
- The good thing about Forza
  • Real brand body kit.
  • OEM packages that can be changed to different trim level looks.
  • An extensive lineup of aftermarket rims with a variety of brands and designs to choose from.
  • A universal rear spoiler is designed for vintage cars.
  • Roll cages are available for all vehicles.
- The bad thing about Forza
  • All of the "Forza" body kits available for cars that do not have a dedicated body kit are ugly.
  • The visual appearance of the exhaust does not change except for a very few models. And even some of those models will only have their appearance changed based on the replacement of the rear bumper, not a performance upgrade.
  • The modeling of some of the rims is old, not resembling the real product and ugly.

Personally, I think GT7 has evolved a lot compared to the previous GTs.
However, it is also true that the advance publicity seemed a bit hype and it is also unfortunate that there are cars in the category that are not getting the love they deserve, like muscle cars.

But GT7 is a game that has only just been released. Let's hope it gets better with updates.

Livery editor was also in GT Sport and it wasn't a game that is said to have customization (and it also had the wheel), while GT7 also was heralded as a return of GT Auto - return of "car customization", but they never allow to really change the car parts except subtle and little parts that is more unnoticeable.

The wheels and wings also existed in GT4 (and for the former, since GT2) and those aren't games you'd call having customization.

Forza's customization is something that gave noticeable difference in car design like others, I wonder what'd be another game that you approved in its customization if you'd view Forza this way. I mean GT7's customization for the aeros are just similar to GT5/GT6, and those aren't games that'd be known/praised for its customization, but GT7 somehow gets different treatment? (there's Wide Body but most are just subtle widening).
I didn't say Forza was bad or anything. It suffers the same shortfalls as Gran Turismo, but, when pit side by side, Gran Turismo just edges it overall, the stock "Forza' parts look awful compared to the Gran Turismo stock parts, there feels to me like there are more cars with bespoke parts, little things like alternate grills, alternate wings for a lot of cars, it's just got a little more personalisation than Forza which has been stuck doing the same thing since FM3, that's 5 Motorsport games and 5 Horizon games without much by way of change. Both are good, GT is just a little better to me.

As for other games, Need for Speed 2015 was very good in this regard, I very much enjoyed the visual customisation in this game, likewise Payback although progression in that was a bit weird.

Except window-tinting... how is that not in game? lol
You can technically tint the rear windshield and windows other than the front windshield and driver/front passenger windows by applying basic decals in the 'Windows' section of the livery editor.

---

The AE86 Trueno has a nice widebody kit.

- The bad thing about GT
  • Many body kits are very modest. They only change the lip, and the bumper design remains stock.
And this is something that has been present since GT5 which is why GT7 feels as if it got different view compared to previous games back then. The body kits are the main essential part in the customization, the other accessories are more secondary ones if it's what you talked about GT evolving.

But fair enough if its customization can have some advantages in other areas like you listed there.
But GT7 is a game that has only just been released. Let's hope it gets better with updates.
This is PD, they're delusional and out of touch, no point hoping it being better. They'd be either stagnant, constantly recycling outdated crap before (no wonder the body kits are very modest, just like how PD operates), or get worse, such as the 1.07-1.08 update. The upcoming update is a good news at first glance but still sus.

Whilst your opinion represents the extreme end of that view, I do lean that it's a bit overrated when compared directly to forza and carx etc I expected a LOT more than just the one widebody when I first heard about em coming. But I should have know it's GT, so PD would do it in a PD way LOL. Hence some of the bodykits are so subtle you forget it's there on the car, installed.

I think GT is riding on it's reputation for too long, I'd agree it simply does not like doing things "too different" because it wants to stay classy. Whereas forza goes in the direction of "too different" with glee. I mean just look at how Forza Horizon was just some spinoff then they capitalized on the success of teh first horizon and, against their own beliefs, turned it into the main money maker, leaving Motorsport in it's shadow now. If you told me GT could do that with their spinoff titled "GT Sport 2" I'd laugh in your face. GT is simply too controlled by some kind of karens in management at this point.

You're right, no customizing still, as shown below;

ad6d7e21d8389e1df448d9ae262fad1e_photo.webp

There's practically no customization guys, remember that.
Bro that's just the S15 race car with some livery. That's NOT customization. 0.

This game lacks so much visual parts and option, some of wich are optional aero parts for cars and they are not in the game.

I have the feeling GT5 and 6 had better customization even without livery editor.

Back