• Thread starter Liquid
  • 39 comments

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
As many people know, menu musics aren't as good as they used to be. Gran Turismo 1 had some brilliant in-house music, but which is your favourite? Be it dealership or race summary, share your love of the music of GT1

My personal favourite is unquestionably Mazda. Mazda from GT1 started my love of their cars and their innovation. The RX-7 was one of my favourites, as well as the 20B Cosmo. And that music is just.. epic. I have pretty much every menu music from GT1 (But not all of the actual soundtrack), and Mazda is by a large margin the most played Gran Turismo track, and 2nd overall, on my iTunes.

Opinions?

Personally, my favourite menu music is all the dealership music in GT1, be it TVR, Chevrolet, heck even Subaru. In my opinion GT1 by far had the best menu music How can you not forget the first time you tried arcade mode and were faced with a riff that you just wanted to plug your guitar cord into the amplifier and jam along to? Gaming companies wonder why most of their games don't fly off the shelves, it's because they don't have a soundtrack that hooks people into playing. But who knows, maybe I liked it because I was a 5 year old, but who knows...

Oh I agree, they're all magic. But Mazda, Dodge and Chevrolet have far more plays than the others on my iTunes. I really like the 'Home' music too. That first 10 seconds or so reminds me of Hendrix's 'Foxy' in an odd way.

I agree GT1 has the best menu music of all titles so far. I like the jazz and lounge style from GT3 onwards, but for getting your adrenaline pumping, nothing beats the first two games. You can really feel the 'soul' of each manufacturer from the music. Brilliant, just brilliant.

In the US version, I like Chevrolet, Mitsubishi and Honda (in that order).

In the JP version, I like Toyota and Nissan.

Yeah, the JP ones are totally different, but some were brought over. JP Toyota was the inspiration for GT2's 'East City'.

They're on YouTube if you fancy a listen.

Yeah, the JP ones are totally different, but some were brought over. JP Toyota was the inspiration for GT2's 'East City'.

They're on YouTube if you fancy a listen.

I have an old ps1 that can play the ntsc-j games, I just need to find a copy of a japan GT1 or GT2 in my area, which is going to be tough. Just wondering, is Japan's music better or worse? Again I'm sorry, bad internet connection right now, that means no youtube.

I prefer the NTSC/PAL (Assume they're the same?) versions. I'm too used to 'our' versions. It's strange going from the dramatic and striking Toyota music we know and love, to hearing the upbeat tones of East City.

They're alright though, don't get me wrong. If you listen to them, you'll pick up on "Oh, that sounds like..." and such.

Some work better; I LOVE the Chevrolet music, but GT1 has a rendition we know better as 'South City', and that is an amazing tune.

For me, the music in the Toyota and Chevrolet menus are the most memorable, with the Chevrolet music being my favourite.

Yeah, the music in GT1 was SO good, especially considering what they had to work with.
In GT5 I usually turn the sound of when in the menus.

Yeah, the JP and US got different menu music. The JP version music went on to be remixed and put in GT2 (all versions). Some also ended up in GT4! (From The East, My Home).

I remember the following got remixed:
Toyota -> East City
Nissan -> Wheel Shop
Mitsubishi -> West City
Chevrolet -> South City
TVR -> North City

Searching for the US music is easy on youtube, but the JP version is much harder to find. I think this guy is the only one who has the Japanese tunes.

I remember the following got remixed:
Toyota -> East City
Nissan -> Wheel Shop
Mitsubishi -> West City
Chevrolet -> South City
TVR -> North City

I will definitely pick up on that. That is very interesting to know.

Well, I've now managed to procure both Japanese and International menu musics. I can also add that the 'Main Menu' in GT Mode's Japanese Music is a prequel to 'The Real Motorious City' from GT2; music when you go to save.

Nice thread if I must say so.

IMHO the best menu themes are Honda/Acura and Mazda's themes they are so great and well done.

The simulation home music was the best, and remains the most identifiable (at least to me) in the GT series... perhaps any video game I've played.

i think most of all dealership music is great except for Subaru.

But my always fave is Time Trial mode tune. slight resemblance to Tekken 3 Rolling demo from that time, very similar in some parts.

Does anybody know who composed menu music from GT1 PAL or NTSC version ?

Last edited:
i think most of all dealership music is great except for Subaru.

But my always fave is Time Trial mode tune. slight resemblance to Tekken 3 Rolling demo from that time, very similar in some parts.

The map screen in Sim mode has to be awesome, because I can play it on my guitar.

The map screen in Sim mode has to be awesome, because I can play it on my guitar.

My Favorite menu music in ANY GT, as far as I'm concerned, is this! So simple. It's just a garage band rocking out, yet it used to get me pumped and psyched to race!

GT2 menu music...way too "busy". I don't mind quick-tempo jazz, but I always used to turn this stuff off cuz it gave me a headache

GT3 menu music...uh...I don't even remember it, which means I must have turned it off by default.

GT4's menu music...my least favorite. It's so damn depressing...like dentist office music or elevator music. Ugh, how am I supposed get fired up to THIS crap? :yuck:

GT5's menu music...the default game music, is tolerable, because I can pick and choose the songs I like best.

But GT1 is still my fave!

The Subaru music in GT1 is one of only 4 good things about the brand. I'm listening to it right now, as I post, in fact. :P

To be honest, most of the music in the game is pretty great to me. The Arcade Mode musics are good, the intro music (if that counts), a good chunk of the racing music too...all sweet!

These are the one for me:

And you wonder where the frase "GranTurismo Rock" came from :lol:
There are few other tracks you could stop at , just to listen and enjoy them.
Car wash , credits and Honda dealership in EU version.

MadMax

I have to say i really enjoyed the music in GT, listening to that Youtube vid has brought back some good memories!

Does anyone know of any sites where i can get hold of the soundtrack and put it as my custom for GT5?
That would be awsome if i could play the most up to date version while rocking to the best sounds!

I have to say i really enjoyed the music in GT, listening to that Youtube vid has brought back some good memories!

Does anyone know of any sites where i can get hold of the soundtrack and put it as my custom for GT5?
That would be awsome if i could play the most up to date version while rocking to the best sounds!

What you could is is not download them from YouTube and not create a playlist of your own.

Latest Posts

Back