Best Menu Music?

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 39 comments
I really liked the Toyota dealership music the best. The Home menu is next in line.
This. 👍 I've played through Gran Turismo 1 on several occasions, usually purchasing an AE86 as my starter vehicle. Although I didn't exactly rush myself to buy the car. More often than not, I ended up hanging around for a few minutes at least, just enjoying the music. :lol:

Last edited:
This is how GT1 tunes currently stack up on my iTunes, in relation to one another.

1. 645 plays; Mazda
2. 224 plays; Dodge
3. 173 plays; Chevrolet
4. 137 plays; Pre-race Settings
5. 125 plays; Mitsubishi
6. 109 plays; Trophy
7. 95 plays; Toyota
8. 75 plays; Nissan
9. 68 plays; Race Summary
10. 61 plays; Arcade Car Selection
11. 57 plays; TVR
12. 57 plays; Honda
13. 55 plays; Subaru
14. 52 plays; Main Menu
15. 48 plays; Arcade Difficulty Selection
16. 45 plays; Garage
17. 40 plays; Aston Martin
18. 19 plays; Credits Screen
19. 12 plays; Go Race

This is how GT1 tunes currently stack up on my iTunes, in relation to one another.

1. 645 plays; Mazda
2. 224 plays; Dodge
3. 173 plays; Chevrolet
4. 137 plays; Pre-race Settings
5. 125 plays; Mitsubishi
6. 109 plays; Trophy
7. 95 plays; Toyota
8. 75 plays; Nissan
9. 68 plays; Race Summary
10. 61 plays; Arcade Car Selection
11. 57 plays; TVR
12. 57 plays; Honda
13. 55 plays; Subaru
14. 52 plays; Main Menu
15. 48 plays; Arcade Difficulty Selection
16. 45 plays; Garage
17. 40 plays; Aston Martin
18. 19 plays; Credits Screen
19. 12 plays; Go Race

How'd you get the music?

GT2 is a different kettle of fish. But South City is full of win. Only beaten by the smooth tones of North City.

Haha, that YouTube link to the Manufacturer music is actually one of my videos on my YouTube channel, CrystalFissure.

I've recently been listening to some Gran Turismo music, and I discovered the Japanese soundtracks, and they're all pretty decent. I love the menu music with the vibes, solos, and deep chords cause I'm a fan of Jazzy House Music / Deep House.

Personally, I love the Simulation Mode Menu for [PAL] and [NTSC] versions. It's instantly recognisable, and nostalgic, because it was my first video game ever. I only got Gran Turismo 2 this year, and the music for the menus are decent. Gran Turismo 3 I don't even remember; I'm assuming their decent. I LOVE the menu music for Gran Turismo 4; it's incredible. A few of the tracks are essentially remixes from previous games, and they sound incredible. As for GT5; I love it. I love the Pre-Race menu music (I think the track is called 8va Curves), and I was so bummed when I could not enable it for races, as it was quite a deep track. The menu music, particularly the Japanese House / Jazz tracks are excellent.

Overall, the Gran Turismo menu music is stellar; as is many other classic 90's music (Spyro, Crash Bandicoot and Ape Escape come to mind instantly).

Sorry about the long post; it's my first one.

Some of my favourites:

My favourite dealership music:

The home music which I couldn't find should also get a special mention. These are most of my personal favourites but they are all so good. There is something special about PS1 music that is just so good. :drool:

Probably may have just as well posted the whole thing but meh :indiff:

Last edited:
Back