Best money making in Patch 1.08

• Thread starter Tompie913
  • 497 comments
B80
haha, thats brilliant. out of interest, how comes you have so many ps5's and accounts for this game? whats the end goal compared to having single account?
My track buddies often come to my house after trackdays, mostly because my house is located closest to the track. So I got 4 racing chair setups (each chair is connected to a PC and consoles) to have fun with them. It's also partially due to the important question who's better than who, because in real life, no one drive 100% identical cars (some have the same model/year cars, but still those cars aren't the same 100%) and you could see a lot of excuses coming from that fact (non-identical cars), whereas you could get identical setups on games. I only got 2 PS5 on day 1, and managed to secure 2 more just before the launch of GT7. Multi accounts and multi grindings are naturally needed for this setup to work, cause you can't really compete with others on menu 1 or music rally.

My track buddies often come to my house after trackdays, mostly because my house is located closest to the track. So I got 4 racing chair setups (each chair is connected to a PC and consoles) to have fun with them. It's also partially due to the important question who's better than who, because in real life, no one drive 100% identical cars (some have the same model/year cars, but still those cars aren't the same 100%) and you could see a lot of excuses coming from that fact (non-identical cars), whereas you could get identical setups on games. I only got 2 PS5 on day 1, and managed to secure 2 more just before the launch of GT7. Multi accounts and multi grindings are naturally needed for this setup to work, cause you can't really compete with others on menu 1 or music rally.
nice one! sounds like good fun/crowd :D

That is awesome as hell man. Sounds like a great time!

I'd really love to hear more about your macro setup. I've messed about with AHK on PC, but the thought of using remote play to enable that on PlayStation is brilliant. Once I'm done playing GT7 properly and I get to the stage where I just want to unlock everything to mess about, I'll definitely work on setting that up. **** paying for credits in a game I spent $100 on.

Where is trial Mountain Cup as I can't find it
It’s the 4th championship, bottom row of the world circuit screen. It’s only 2 races of each 2 laps, total payout is 100,000 Cr. That’s 2 races of 30,000 (clean race) and a championship bonus of 40,000 Cr.

===

I just bought the Dodge Tomahawk S VGT as well to try it with that car and it significantly improved my lap times compared to the buffed Hellcat I was using before. I slapped RS tyres on it and the Tomahawk rocks in the speed, acceleration and latteral G departments but it seems to have a rather big turning circle, something to take into account especially at the last chicane of Trial Mountain.

Anyway, I decided to do some testing of my own to see what the fastest way to make money is if you want to use the Tomahawk S VGT with RS tyres. If you buy that car, make sure it’s the road car, there 3 are other Tomahawks which are racing cars. Here is the result :

1647765211329.jpeg

Especially note the 2 last columns.

* The Full Cycle Time is my timed full cycle in seconds between hitting the start of a race and hitting it again (or retry if you stay on the same map), so that includes the race itself, clicking through menus and waiting for loading times. This is timed on a PS4 Pro with the game installed on the internal HDD. If you play on a PS5 (or a PS4/PS4 Pro with external SSD) the payments of both Trial Mountain Cup and Blue Moon Bay are bigger since the PS5 loads a lot faster. For a base PS4 they are probably slower and the second race on Daytona is the best one since that one stays on the same map.

* The Payout/hour is obvious, it’s 3600 seconds (= 1 hour) divided by column M (full cycle time) and multiplied by column I (Clean rewards).

Also take into account that I only timed and raced each event once. As i get more familiar with the Tomahawk and the click-through menues my full cycle time might lower a bit, thus increasing the the payout/hour.

Here are some more thoughts on each of the races I did

Race 1 - Trial Mountain Cup Championship: ~ 620K Cr. / hour
car used : Dodge Tomahawk S VGT (road car) with RS tyres
full cycle time on PS4 Pro (internal HDD) : 9 minutes 42 seconds (= 582 seconds)
event: play the entire championship (2 times 2 races on Trial Mountain, the second race is the circuit in reverse by nightfall)
remark 1: I feel there still is a lot of racing time to be gained, I’m super slow in the chicane and some corners can be improved as well
remark 2: if someone can time the full cycle on a PS5, if you can shave off 60 seconds of my cycle time, the payout/hour is 690K Cr. / hour.
remark 3: even though it’s super easy to keep the clean racing bonus, if you don’t get it due to a mistake in one of the races, that’s only a 10 Cr. reduction since the majority of the 100K Cr. comes from the championship bonus and the base races.
remark 4: Using an external HDD probably makes both PS4 and PS4 Pro models load the maps faster.

Race 2 - Daytona Tri-Oval - American Sunday Cup 600: ~ 590K Cr. / hour
full cycle time on PS4 Pro (internal HDD) : 2 minutes 17 seconds (= 137 seconds)
event: this is just a single race on the Daytona oval. 3 laps. The event takes just a few minutes.
remark 1: Also really easy to keep the clean racing bonus here. You will lap the field twice.
remark 2: This is probably the best of the 3 races for the base PS4 since you don’t need to reload any maps but stay on the same map.
remark 3: If you are fed up with Kaz/PD/Sony utter BS and just want to grind your marathon/day and nothing more, this is probably the best event. The total distance of the event is just over 12 km so repeat this 4 times each day (takes less than 10 minutes total) and you have your daily lottery ticket, and at the same time also gain 90K Cr. from the 4 races.

Race 3 - Pan-American Championship - Blue Moon Bay Speedway tri-oval: ~ 570K Cr. / hour
full cycle time on PS4 Pro (internal HDD) : 5 minutes 32 seconds (= 332 seconds)
event: enter the championship, do the first race, then load the second race and quit the championship, then restart the championship and start the first race again (= full cycle)
remark 1: 6 laps on this circuit with this car still takes quite a lot of time (and I even raced, which is faster than wall-riding it)
remark 2: it might be a bit harder to avoid hitting traffic here, I hit the rear corner of 1 car but luckily it still counted as clean
remark 3: because we already have to load into 2 races, I will record the time of a full cycle championship as well which is loading into 2 races more but also has a much bigger payout with the championship bonus. Might not be worth it on the fast PS5’s but I’ll give it a try on my PS4 Pro and give an update later.

So as a conclusion, even taking the rather slow dual loading times on a PS4 Pro into account, doing the complete Trial Mountain Cup championship so far seems to be the fastest way to earn credits, that is if you don’t want to do any of the dirt events since they are still faster. But for tarmac based credit farming, I think this is the fastest way out there. And I find it also way more relaxing, I find doing the dirt races more stressful since you constantly need to be on your toes and micro-manage your car. These 3 races above (especially the first 2) are really relaxing, you can do this while listing/watching podcasts/video on another screen.

In the video linked in some earlier posts the guy also did the 5-lap pickup truck race in Daytona (45 Cr.), sorry but not even gonna bother with that 😅, I do 2x3=6 laps in the Tomahawk way faster than 5 laps in a truck and the payout is the same.

Last edited:
It’s the 4th championship, bottom row of the world circuit screen. It’s only 2 races of each 2 laps, total payout is 100,000 Cr. That’s 2 races of 30,000 (clean race) and a championship bonus of 40,000 Cr.

===

I just bought the Dodge Tomahawk S VGT as well to try it with that car and it significantly improved my lap times compared to the buffed Hellcat I was using before. I slapped RS tyres on it and the Tomahawk rocks in the speed, acceleration and latteral G departments but it seems to have a rather big turning circle, something to take into account especially at the last chicane of Trial Mountain.

Anyway, I decided to do some testing of my own to see what the fastest way to make money is if you want to use the Tomahawk S VGT with RS tyres. If you buy that car, make sure it’s the road car, there 3 are other Tomahawks which are racing cars. Here is the result :

View attachment 1126523

* The Full Cycle Time is my timed full cycle in seconds between hitting the start of a race and hitting it again (or retry if you stay on the same map), so that includes the race itself, clicking through menus and waiting for loading times. This is timed on a PS4 Pro with the game installed on the internal HDD. If you play on a PS5 (or a PS4/PS4 Pro with external SSD) the payments of both Trial Mountain Cup and Blue Moon Bay are bigger since the PS5 loads a lot faster. For a base PS4 they are probably slower and the second race on Daytona is the best one since that one stays on the same map.

* The Payout/hour is obvious, it’s 3600 seconds (= 1 hour) divided by column M (full cycle time) and multiplied by column I (Clean rewards).

Also take into account that I only timed and raced each event once. As i get more familiar with the Tomahawk and the click-through menues my full cycle time might lower a bit, thus increasing the the payout/hour.

full cycle time on PS4 Pro (internal HDD) : 9 minutes 42 seconds (= 582 seconds)
event: play the entire championship (2 times 2 races on Trial Mountain, the second race is the circuit in reverse by nightfall)
remark 1: I feel there still is a lot of racing time to be gained, I’m super slow in the chicane and some corners can be improved as well
remark 2: if someone can time the full cycle on a PS5, if you can shave off 60 seconds of my cycle time, the payout/hour is 690K Cr. / hour.
remark 3: even though it’s super easy to keep the clean racing bonus, if you don’t get it due to a mistake in one of the races, that’s only a 10 Cr. reduction since the majority of the 100K Cr. comes from the championship bonus and the base races.
remark 4: Using an external HDD probably makes both PS4 and PS4 Pro models load the maps faster.
I have been doing the Trial Mountain cup with the Dodge Tomahawk S VGT (road car), for me on the PS5 it takes just over 7 minutes and 15 seconds.

Last edited:
CBH
I have been doing the Trial Mountain cup with the Dodge Tomahawk S VGT (road car), for me on the PS5 it takes just over 7 minutes and 15 seconds.
Is that the full cycle? Meaning from start race button in the first race to again start button in the first race? My loading times sure ain’t over 1 minute. Actually I just timed it, Trial moutain on PS4 Pro (internal HDD) is 37 seconds. So you must be a lot quicker then. I think a single race was about 1:40-1:45 for me (that’s the the second lap which is always faster because of no traffic).

===

Anyway I did the full Pan-Am race on PS4 Pro (int. HDD) as well and I was surprised by the result. Comes down to about 610K Cr./Hr. See table below.

* It’s even better for me (with PS4 Pro loading times) than quitting the championship after the Blue Moon Bay race. That‘s because of 4 loading times for 3 races instead of 2 loading times for just 1 race. And of course the championship payout at the end.

* I actually lost my clean lap bonus on both second and third races. Those Daytona Infield and Interlagos circuits are AWEFUL for the Tomahawk. That wide turning circle is killing it for me in the sharp corners. Can that be tuned out? Maybe with a drift suspension or something to increase the steering wheel angle? It was already a little bit annoying on Trial Mountain but it was even worse here.

* Due to that wide turning angle I got off the track once on Daytona Infield and even 3 times on Interlagos. So I feel the risk to loose the clean lap bonus is just too big here. But I also feel I lost a lot of time in a lot of places. I will probably record the time for this entire championship in one of the following days.

1647771631779.jpeg

I have 4 PS5 as well as 4 accounts with GT7 DL copies. Two of them grinding 24/7, one just sitting idle, and one for me.
Can I ask some questions bro?
Lets assume I want to use one of the script auto-grind methods to farm credits.
I don't like the idea of running my PS5 round the clock farming credits. Wear and tear on the hardware. I would prefer to use my old Ps4 Pro, which currently sits at a friend's place. Considering getting it back from him to use for credit farming, but I want to ask a few questions first.

Q1. I've bought GT7 25th anniversary digital edition for my PS5. Does this mean I can also download it for free on the old PS4 Pro?
Q2. Assuming answer to Q1 is yes, can I only be playing on one device at a time if I only purchased the game once?
Q3. Assuming answer to Q2 is yes, can I stay logged in to the same account on both PS4 Pro and Ps5 so that all the farming puts the credits into my main (and only) GT7 account, and just make sure only one machine is on at a time?

Put simply. I envision running the PS4 Pro all day and night farming, unless its during the times when I want to play. in which case I turn off the PS4 Pro and fire up the PS5. Viable?

Last edited:
I am doing the truck race on Daytona, 5 minutes and clean race = 45,000 credits, I tried the fishermans one even when it was 65,000 but I suck driving on gravel, so I always finished second that was 40,000 for 3:30 minutes, so the truck race is the equivalent on credits/time for me now

Is that the full cycle? Meaning from start race button in the first race to again start button in the first race? My loading times sure ain’t over 1 minute. Actually I just timed it, Trial moutain on PS4 Pro (internal HDD) is 37 seconds. So you must be a lot quicker then. I think a single race was about 1:40-1:45 for me (that’s the the second lap which is always faster because of no traffic).

===

Anyway I did the full Pan-Am race on PS4 Pro (int. HDD) as well and I was surprised by the result. Comes down to about 610K Cr./Hr. See table below.

* It’s even better for me (with PS4 Pro loading times) than quitting the championship after the Blue Moon Bay race. That‘s because of 4 loading times for 3 races instead of 2 loading times for just 1 race. And of course the championship payout at the end.

* I actually lost my clean lap bonus on both second and third races. Those Daytona Infield and Interlagos circuits are AWEFUL for the Tomahawk. That wide turning circle is killing it for me in the sharp corners. Can that be tuned out? Maybe with a drift suspension or something to increase the steering wheel angle? It was already a little bit annoying on Trial Mountain but it was even worse here.

* Due to that wide turning angle I got off the track once on Daytona Infield and even 3 times on Interlagos. So I feel the risk to loose the clean lap bonus is just too big here. But I also feel I lost a lot of time in a lot of places. I will probably record the time for this entire championship in one of the following days.

View attachment 1126562
I timed it from the start of Race 1 until the end of Race 2 at the finish, is that what you want.

CBH
I timed it from the start of Race 1 until the end of Race 2 at the finish, is that what you want.
Aah that’s not the full cycle then. Full cycle is an entire cycle of doing the championship over and over again, from one point in time until that point in time occurs again. You can use whatever trigger you like, for example when you click on the championship button in the world map until (after doing the entire championship) you can click it again. Or, what I did was I started my timer when I pressed the start button of the first race until I pressed that button again the second time I did the championship.

Aah that’s not the full cycle then. Full cycle is an entire cycle of doing the championship over and over again, from one point in time until that point in time occurs again. You can use whatever trigger you like, for example when you click on the championship button in the world map until (after doing the entire championship) you can click it again. Or, what I did was I started my timer when I pressed the start button of the first race until I pressed that button again the second time I did the championship.
I have done this a lot of times I would say from a full cycle over 8 minutes and 20 seconds, but I do it tomorrow and give you a precise time if you like.

That is awesome as hell man. Sounds like a great time!

I'd really love to hear more about your macro setup. I've messed about with AHK on PC, but the thought of using remote play to enable that on PlayStation is brilliant. Once I'm done playing GT7 properly and I get to the stage where I just want to unlock everything to mess about, I'll definitely work on setting that up. **** paying for credits in a game I spent $100 on.
My Python code is basically a collection of boilerplates, so you'd be better for someone else's scripts (for example, this AHK script). The Special Stage X race doesn't have a lot of requirements. The absolute minimum would be a) pressing down the throttle during the race (and preferably only during the race), and b) after each race, press either XXXXXXXXOXXXXX or XXXXXXXX→XXXX with certain intervals.

You could satisfy both requirements with a fairly simple timer-based script, and if you satisfy both and using this setup (racing soft, 510kph, lowered down all the way, no toe in, all assist on, using the lowest controller sensitivity), it'll run 24/7, and all other things are optional. There are roughly two other easy optimizations, which are a) pressing down the nitro during the race, b) at the beginning of the race, gently steer either to left or right. If you do that, you could do each round for every 272s (240-242s for the lap, which is roughly 20s faster than no nitro + no initial steer setup, and around 30s for the menu navigations).

More advanced script would handle the menu navigation part by spamming the button (based on image recognition), and this bring down the menu navigation time to 18s (12s shorter). Also, if you steer the car on each corner, you could cut down the lap time by 12-15s. Overall, 24-27s shorter, but the latter is not really worth the effort (I did it just for fun), whereas the former has some advantages (it has less chance of being trapped in replay menu) other than the speed improvement. But still, not needed.

The PanAm run is pretty much the same. The only difference is you have one more requirement, which is keep steering to the right (to constantly scrape the wall, but not too hard). With throttle and nitro all the way down, and constant wall scrapings, and the following setup (sports hard, 420k max speed, lowered down all the way, no toe in, both auto drive and countersteering assist off), you would do the 6 laps in 230s (15s faster than all assists on). And time-based menu navigations will take somewhere around 90s. Overall, 320s per round, 14.1 million a day.

I managed to cut down the menu navigation time, down to 59s (with the image recognition based button spamming method), but the actual race time is hard to cut down much without sacrificing a lot of stability. 220-225s could be done with all the wall scraping, but anything below would require a human-like driving (which is far harder to implement) to avoid crashes (which could lead you to drive backward).
I don't like the idea of running my PS5 round the clock farming credits. Wear and tear on the hardware. I would prefer to use my old Ps4 Pro, which currently sits at a friend's place. Considering getting it back from him to use for credit farming, but I want to ask a few questions first.

Q1. I've bought GT7 25th anniversary digital edition for my PS5. Does this mean I can also download it for free on the old PS4 Pro?
Q2. Assuming answer to Q1 is yes, can I only be playing on one device at a time if I only purchased the game once?
Q3. Assuming answer to Q2 is yes, can I stay logged in to the same account on both PS4 Pro and Ps5 so that all the farming puts the credits into my main (and only) GT7 account, and just make sure only one machine is on at a time?

Put simply. I envision running the PS4 Pro all day and night farming, unless its during the times when I want to play. in which case I turn off the PS4 Pro and fire up the PS5. Viable?
Q1. Yes, as long as you use the same account, or set the PS4 as a primary console for your account (and use other account which doesn't have the game), or register your account on PS5 on the console sharing and offlien play settings (and use other account which doesn't have the game).
Q2/Q3. I haven't tried it since I have 4 different copies. But I don't see any problem when you use one device at a time. The progress and credit will be carried over as long as you use the same account, since GT7 uses server side save on each PSN account. However, if you try to launch the game at the same time with one account, I believe the one you launched first will be kicked out (either the game is going to close itself or your psn account will be signed out). So as long as you use one device at a time, you'll be fine.

However, I don't recommend farming on PS4 Pro, because you'd got significantly longer loading times (even if you installed SSD on PS4 Pro), which hurt the farming rate significantly. Currently, the PanAm race is the best farming among the ones that are easy to implement and you need to load the race 1, finish, load the race 2, quit, load the race 1 again, on each round of PanAm race 1 auto farming.

Try measuring this navigation/loading times (from the moment race 1 timer end to the moment new round of race 1 timer start). It took 58-59s on more advanced script (which is harder to implement), and roughly 50% more (90s) on a simple timer-based script (easy to implement). So 1.5x of the measured time + 230s (expected race time) would be the overall time required for each round when you're using a timer-based script. It'll be far longer than 320s (PS5 time).

Last edited:
Well i play for fun and not primarily for money, but doing the Schwarzwald tour over and over again with the GT3 RS is the thing i just want to do all day long, so Win, Win. 40k/60k for 7.10 Minutes

For me, High Speed Ring is the easiest, with decent (F U PD) payouts, about 94K for just under 10 minutes of work. No need to spend 1M on the SRT Tomahawk, as I just use an NSX 91 with some mods to get to 550PP. Very controlled and low stress racing, all things being equal. But I may try the Trial Mountain Championship just to do something different (and yes, with an SRT Tomahawk).

I'd suggest to mix it up a bit if you intend to grind, to keep your sanity and all, it might take more time but at least you won't get mad, because I don't see them ever stepping down from doubling down🙄
This is how I do it.

I like to do some of the WTC championships... and the final championship with the porsche living legend.

Every so often when I want a quick 120k I do the sardegna rally race a couple times. Thats roughly 7/8 minutes.

So whats the best way to grind money atm? I will do it manually
There isn't really, it's all mindless grind, just play the game and forget about the carrot, because by the time you get there you will simply despise the game, unless mindless grind is your thing
Otherwise do first race of pan am championship over and over, easiest is truck race on Daytona

A-Spec Bob and the rubber band are back in Gran Turismo to fight the micro transactions! 👊
I use a prepared PS5 controller + a pair of hair ties to do the Pan American Cup at Blue Moon Bay almost automatical.
Only doing the first couple of seconds and then lock throttle and steering so the Tomahawk will win the race by it´s own.

A-Spec Bob and the rubber band are back in Gran Turismo to fight the micro transactions! 👊
I use a prepared PS5 controller + a pair of hair ties to do the Pan American Cup at Blue Moon Bay almost automatical.
Only doing the first couple of seconds and then lock throttle and steering so the Tomahawk will win the race by it´s own.

I guess I like this method better.

Attachments

• IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Nice work buddy. I tried Daytona and Blue Moon on my PS5 and was surprised, both times I stopped exactly after 2 (Daytona) and 4 (Blue Moon) minutes. I don't spam through the menus as fast as possible as I wouldn't do that a whole day. So I did it fast, sure, but at "my" pace. I got good lap times too. Daytona race takes 1:35 and Blue Moon 2:56.

Therefore my payouts are these: Daytona 675k/h & Blue Moon 787k/h. Pretty clear what I pick for grinding, though I'd loved to chill Daytona... :P

Hi,no you do not download this version for ps4.l play disc version for ps4 on both ps4 and ps5 consoles,but version for ps4.If i upgraded it for PS5-no longer playable on my ps4 console.Game for Ps5 not playable on ps4 console

No you can't be logged in both consoles at the same time with one account!

===

View attachment 1126523

For the PS5 full cycle time is around 8 minutes 10 seconds, so the payout is 700,000cr for 57 minutes 20 seconds of racing. I did the whole thing again and I got 800,000cr for 1 hour 5 minutes of racing, by doing this you will get to know the track well 🙂.

Last edited:
CBH
I have done this a lot of times I would say from a full cycle over 8 minutes and 20 seconds, but I do it tomorrow and give you a precise time if you like.
I clocked it at 8mins 30secs,thats driving carefully but quickish,for me,to get the CRB.

I clocked it at 8mins 30secs,thats driving carefully but quickish,for me,to get the CRB.
I like the one now that pays you 22,500cr including the clean race bonus, for a time of 1 minute 30 seconds a race at Daytona.

Last edited:
CBH
I like the one now that pays you 22,500cr including the clean race bonus, for a time of 1 minute 30 seconds a race at Daytona.
So about 500k an hour? Not that great really considering you'd have to do that race 22+ times in an hour, and clean.

Last edited:
So about 500k an hour? Not that great really considering you'd have to do that race 22+ times in an hour, and clean.
I get around 877,500 an hour and that is 40 times mate, when I do a race time of 1 minute 30 seconds.

Last edited:
CBH
I get around 877,500 an hour and that is 39 times mate, when I do a race time of 1 minute 30 seconds.
You'd need to do race times of one minute flat to get 877,500cr an hour. Because menus, pre-race animations, and post-race animations are a thing, and they take 27 seconds between them.

Just for fun, start a stopwatch for an hour and start a race at the same time, then come back and tell us how much you earned when that hour ends.

Once you account for skipping from one race to the next, the real rate is about 675,000cr an hour, and it's in the next article.

Last edited:
Back