Best Multiplayer for PS2

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by LoudMusic, Jan 23, 2002.

1. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

Any suggestions on the best multiplayer game for PS2? I need to broaden my collection, and I thought good multiplayer games would be fun. Something were a bunch of guys can just sit down and game. Fighting games usually work well, and some first person shooters do nicely as well.

So, thoughts?

~LoudMusic

2. space

space

Timespitters-insane speed with 10 bots and 4 players! but the graphics are kinda:yuck: now. Its still cool though! plus you can create your own levels. Timesplitters 2 should be awesome

Red Faction- Pretty sweet. Doors locked? wall in your way? blow a hole through it! but this "geo-mod" feature wasnt used enough, only used a hand full of level it felt like it was used on. Still a good game though

Soldier of Fortune- Got bad reviews, but i dunno why. The mutiplayer is pretty cool, me and some friends played for hours! Plus the uber-violence is pretty cool!

Tony Hawk 3- if you like the first 2, this ones cool too.

I think all these are 4 player. I have them all, and i like each one.

If you can get over the jaggies in Timesplitters, its a must. I have never seen that fast of a game. but it does slow down sometimes. You could also wait for Timesplitters 2, its supposed to be awesome.

Anyways hope that helps.

PS: can you guess what type of multiplayer game i play the most? :D

3. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

Wow! Thanks man. I've played a little Red Faction, and I think I'll end up buying it. Being able to blow holes in things is pretty cool. I've also played some SSX, and I think I'm going to get SSX Tricky when I get some cash saved up.

Any other suggestions out there in GTP land?

~LoudMusic

4. Brian P

Brian P

Unreal Tournament is a pretty cool game, I think the graphics could be a little better but the gameplay is superb IMO. I've never played Quake 3 but it got some good reviews in the magazines in the UK..........

5. Tom M

Tom M

For 2 player Cooperative action on the PS2, check out Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance it's a combination of Diablo, Gauntlet, and Baldur's gate all rolled into one neat and perfect package.
    If your willing to spend a little extra, buy Time Crisis 2, and Vampire Night with the Guncon controllers. I did that a few weeks ago, and can't remember having a better time. :D
    A few other suggestions are any fighting game (Tekken, Capcom Vs. SNK 2), or Dynasty Warriors 3 (I love this series)
    For some multiplayer battling, Timesplitters is the most complete package for FPS, and Twisted Metal Black is pretty awsome. :)

6. Jon

Jon (Banned)

RED FACTION is great!!!

7. rjensen11

rjensen11

get 8 people and you'll have fun for hours

8. Saleen Man

Saleen Man

Tekken is awesome for multilplayer, and Dynasty Warriors 3 is probably the best cooperative multiplayer game for PS2 right now IMO.

9. Saleen Man

Saleen Man

This is also a great multiplayer game, just make sure the players actually know what they're doing because I think we all know what it's like to play a sports game with someone who has no clue what they're doing.:rolleyes:

10. space

space

I agree with Dynasty Warriors 3 :thumbsup: must have game

but it has some fog, but thats not biggie

11. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

What're the latest great multiplayer games for PS2? I've now got a multi-tap so I'm more interested in this stuff. Sports games still suck.

I think most people are more interested in cooperative games rather than head to head battles. That way someone isn't loosing to their friend all the time.

12. demon of speed

demon of speed

I can't believe nobody has mentioned PES 4. I would say the best multi player game on PS2 without a doubt.

13. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

What is this "PES" everyone is talking about?

14. livemusic

livemusic Premium

Pro Evolution Soccer, the European version of Winning Eleven.

15. demon of speed

demon of speed

Only the greatest football game of all time anywhere in the known universe. And don't let anyone tell you different.

16. livemusic

livemusic Premium

I agree it is the best multiplayer game to play in one console. Maybe it´s because my friends can´t play anything else. Actually they can, but I beat them so easily it´s not even funny.

But if online multiplayer counts, then I would say Socom 2 is the best one out there.

17. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

Ah, Winning Eleven. I seriously need to pick it up.

18. demon of speed

demon of speed

You must, the game has been cranked up a gear of two. When playing it really feels like your in total control of the team. Forget about this "good first touch" that Fifa 2005 offers. Do yourself a favour and get down to your nearest games outlet.

19. livemusic

livemusic Premium

I´m thinking about buying Fifa 2005 just because of the online mode. Should be fun.

20. demon of speed

demon of speed

Just don't be dissapointed when you compare Fifa with the mighty PES.

21. livemusic

livemusic Premium

Lol, I won´t don´t worry. That happened already some years ago, when I rented Winning Eleven for the PSOne. I have Never touched any Fifa Soccer game since then.

22. franz

franz Premium

Any recommended multiplayer games for girls?
    I have britney spear dance beat and super-bust-a-move
    but they get old ..... how's sonic heros?

23. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

Sonic Heros was kind of lame, if it's the same as the one for GameCube. The GC Sonic thing was just a collection of all the old games - nothing new - and most of them aren't even true multiplayer.

I want games where 2 - 8 people play at the same time.

24. franz

franz Premium

25. livemusic

livemusic Premium

I don´t think there´s any game similar to Mario Party on the PS2.

Another multiplayer game I like is Gauntlet, I think the subtitle is Dark Legacy. Oldie but goodie!:tup:

26. 213101

best multitap play is definatly Mashed. i bought a multitap for this game its adictive as. another is timesplitters 2 Lan mode beats Cs in my opinion i played with 4 other players and lots of bots with capture the bag and so on great fun.

27. demon of speed

demon of speed

Try the new Rocky game. Aaaaaadrriiiiaaaaannnnnnn!

28. livemusic

livemusic Premium

lmao

29. unreal Tournament :tup:

30. demon of speed

demon of speed

It's not quite Mario Kart but, Crash Bandicoot racing can be a laugh. Or if you like any Tony Hawks game, might aswell buy THUG though.