Best Multiplayer for PS2

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 52 comments
United States
Everywhere
Any suggestions on the best multiplayer game for PS2? I need to broaden my collection, and I thought good multiplayer games would be fun. Something were a bunch of guys can just sit down and game. Fighting games usually work well, and some first person shooters do nicely as well.

So, thoughts?

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Any suggestions on the best multiplayer game for PS2? I need to broaden my collection, and I thought good multiplayer games would be fun. Something were a bunch of guys can just sit down and game. Fighting games usually work well, and some first person shooters do nicely as well.

So, thoughts?

~LoudMusic

Timespitters-insane speed with 10 bots and 4 players! but the graphics are kinda:yuck: now. Its still cool though! plus you can create your own levels. Timesplitters 2 should be awesome

Red Faction- Pretty sweet. Doors locked? wall in your way? blow a hole through it! but this "geo-mod" feature wasnt used enough, only used a hand full of level it felt like it was used on. Still a good game though

Soldier of Fortune- Got bad reviews, but i dunno why. The mutiplayer is pretty cool, me and some friends played for hours! Plus the uber-violence is pretty cool!

Tony Hawk 3- if you like the first 2, this ones cool too.

I think all these are 4 player. I have them all, and i like each one.

If you can get over the jaggies in Timesplitters, its a must. I have never seen that fast of a game. but it does slow down sometimes. You could also wait for Timesplitters 2, its supposed to be awesome.

Anyways hope that helps.

PS: can you guess what type of multiplayer game i play the most? :D

Originally posted by space

Timespitters-insane speed with 10 bots and 4 players! but the graphics are kinda:yuck: now. Its still cool though! plus you can create your own levels. Timesplitters 2 should be awesome

Red Faction- Pretty sweet. Doors locked? wall in your way? blow a hole through it! but this "geo-mod" feature wasnt used enough, only used a hand full of level it felt like it was used on. Still a good game though

Soldier of Fortune- Got bad reviews, but i dunno why. The mutiplayer is pretty cool, me and some friends played for hours! Plus the uber-violence is pretty cool!

Tony Hawk 3- if you like the first 2, this ones cool too.

I think all these are 4 player. I have them all, and i like each one.

If you can get over the jaggies in Timesplitters, its a must. I have never seen that fast of a game. but it does slow down sometimes. You could also wait for Timesplitters 2, its supposed to be awesome.

Anyways hope that helps.

PS: can you guess what type of multiplayer game i play the most? :D

Wow! Thanks man. I've played a little Red Faction, and I think I'll end up buying it. Being able to blow holes in things is pretty cool. I've also played some SSX, and I think I'm going to get SSX Tricky when I get some cash saved up.

Any other suggestions out there in GTP land?

~LoudMusic

Unreal Tournament is a pretty cool game, I think the graphics could be a little better but the gameplay is superb IMO. I've never played Quake 3 but it got some good reviews in the magazines in the UK..........

For 2 player Cooperative action on the PS2, check out Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance it's a combination of Diablo, Gauntlet, and Baldur's gate all rolled into one neat and perfect package.
If your willing to spend a little extra, buy Time Crisis 2, and Vampire Night with the Guncon controllers. I did that a few weeks ago, and can't remember having a better time. :D
A few other suggestions are any fighting game (Tekken, Capcom Vs. SNK 2), or Dynasty Warriors 3 (I love this series)
For some multiplayer battling, Timesplitters is the most complete package for FPS, and Twisted Metal Black is pretty awsome. :)

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
A few other suggestions are any fighting game (Tekken, Capcom Vs. SNK 2), or Dynasty Warriors 3 (I love this series)
Tekken is awesome for multilplayer, and Dynasty Warriors 3 is probably the best cooperative multiplayer game for PS2 right now IMO.

Originally posted by rjensen11
get 8 people and you'll have fun for hours
This is also a great multiplayer game, just make sure the players actually know what they're doing because I think we all know what it's like to play a sports game with someone who has no clue what they're doing.:rolleyes:

What're the latest great multiplayer games for PS2? I've now got a multi-tap so I'm more interested in this stuff. Sports games still suck.

I think most people are more interested in cooperative games rather than head to head battles. That way someone isn't loosing to their friend all the time.

I agree it is the best multiplayer game to play in one console. Maybe it´s because my friends can´t play anything else. Actually they can, but I beat them so easily it´s not even funny.

But if online multiplayer counts, then I would say Socom 2 is the best one out there.

You must, the game has been cranked up a gear of two. When playing it really feels like your in total control of the team. Forget about this "good first touch" that Fifa 2005 offers. Do yourself a favour and get down to your nearest games outlet.

Lol, I won´t don´t worry. That happened already some years ago, when I rented Winning Eleven for the PSOne. I have Never touched any Fifa Soccer game since then.

Any recommended multiplayer games for girls?
I have britney spear dance beat and super-bust-a-move
but they get old ..... how's sonic heros?

Sonic Heros was kind of lame, if it's the same as the one for GameCube. The GC Sonic thing was just a collection of all the old games - nothing new - and most of them aren't even true multiplayer.

I want games where 2 - 8 people play at the same time.

I don´t think there´s any game similar to Mario Party on the PS2.

Another multiplayer game I like is Gauntlet, I think the subtitle is Dark Legacy. Oldie but goodie!👍

best multitap play is definatly Mashed. i bought a multitap for this game its adictive as. another is timesplitters 2 Lan mode beats Cs in my opinion i played with 4 other players and lots of bots with capture the bag and so on great fun.

It's not quite Mario Kart but, Crash Bandicoot racing can be a laugh. Or if you like any Tony Hawks game, might aswell buy THUG though.

Back