Best Multiplayer for PS2

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 52 comments
I'm going to add the new Turtles game to the list - WOW! What fun (: I just had three guys over playing it together on Multi-tap. It's good stuff.

The cream of multiplayers from my collection are:

WE7 (Or any WE/PES game really)
Tony Hawk 3 (I have THUG2 too, but am not sure how many players it is)

IMO the greatest multiplayer games of all ... Man, the guy standing next to me just let rip like he'd exploded! ... Sorry, back on track... are Bishibashi Special 1/2. I just love those games so much and anyone can pic them up and play them, so you don't really need to worry about people having to learn how to play. Great game! If you can get Bishibashi Special Step-Champ, that's a cracker too. For that though you need the DDR mats for the floor, but a great party game! They're actually all PS1 games, but they work on the PS2. Swallow your pride and buy them, you know you want to!

Tony Hawk's Underground has always been great fun in multiplayer, especially the Fire Fight mode!
My step brother and I have had alot of great 2 player action in NFS HP2 and V8 supercar race driver.

Ghost recon:jungle storm...only 2 players but soo much fun. then plus it is available online so you can play with up to 8 people(depending on room host's connection speed) online is quite addicting also. madden games are always fun too.

BTW, how many people are you looking to play with here?

Well I actually realized I'd posted in the wrong forum after I hit submit and decided to not remove it. I intended to put that post in the Multi-Tap forum. Fun two-player games is all I care about here.

Ghost Recon - I love it on XBox, hate it on PS2. Have you played the XBox version? Did they improve anything for Jungle Storm on PS2? The interface was shat on the first one compared to the XBox version.

The best multiplayer game that also supports a multitap I own on PS2 is probably Champions of Norrath. That game is awesome, pretty, very deep and great fun. I love details like the tens of thousands of upgrades, clothes, weapons, magic items and so on you can collect, and the attention to detail, like arrows remaining stuck in the monsters you hit them with right where you shot them. Awesome.

On the PSX it was without a doubt the superb Micro Machines V3 and Micro Maniacs isn't too bad either (latter is somewhat easier for gaming newbies).

Recently, Dancing Stage Fusion / DDR Extreme and Dance UK are extremely popular at my place for multiplayer fun. :)

Micro Machines ... is that the Micro Machines that are little toys? I remember Micro Machines on NES (actually have the ROM here at work) - so much fun!

I'll check out Norrath. Good suggestions!

Arwin
On the PSX it was without a doubt the superb Micro Machines V3 and Micro Maniacs isn't too bad either (latter is somewhat easier for gaming newbies).

Check out a game called Mashed it's basically a clone of the old V3 which was superb.

The PS2 version of that game is unfortunately not even close to the V3 version for PSX. You still see that as a $5 budget game every now and then though ... The old PSX multitap fortunately still works on the PS2. ;) But what was great about this game was that you could even share a controller and play four player with two controllers. Amazing stuff.

LoudMusic
Micro Machines ... is that the Micro Machines that are little toys? I remember Micro Machines on NES (actually have the ROM here at work) - so much fun!
Micro Machines was my favorite game on NES. I tryed to find the PS2 version, but no luck so far. :(

Do you have an NES emulator and the Micro Machines ROM? Both are easily found on the internet (: And you can get an NES controller with USB plugs for use on your computer - though those aren't exactly downloadable.

I'll check my local game shop for Micro Machines games on PSX and PS2. I'm all excited again! (:

LoudMusic
Do you have an NES emulator and the Micro Machines ROM? Both are easily found on the internet (: And you can get an NES controller with USB plugs for use on your computer - though those aren't exactly downloadable.
I don´t really like emulators, the only games I play on my PC are online ones, like Lineage2 or Gunbound. But I´ll look for one just to play Micro Machines. And about the controllers, I have a plug to connect my PS2 controller, that should do.

I was playing Gradius with a friend yesterday, the multiplayer mode is so cool. It´s a very challenging game. 👍

FIFA is pretty good this year IMO the best since 98'.

I think that Socom-2 has a great online play thing going on. Love that game, it's addictive.

Back