Best sleeper/fun car?

modik
PS2 is about to puff out it's last breath and I don' t know if EA and Kazunori have plans of doing a GT5...
Fat chance of this happening!

SONY just stopped making the PS1 and have announced that they expect another ten years worth of good PS2 sales.

What does EA have to do with Kazunori?

Cheers,

The BMW 120d is great fun too. A racing gearbox, clutch and flywheel and weight reduction 2 and it'll beat an M3 in the Schwarzwald league A

OHHH MAN!!! That would definately be the first car i would buy even in real life. A 5-speed manual DeLorean with a Stage II upgrade. Anyone else here like the delorean?

kestrel452
OHHH MAN!!! That would definately be the first car i would buy even in real life. A 5-speed manual DeLorean with a Stage II upgrade. Anyone else here like the delorean?

Oh yes!

Glad to see some '81 Celica fans...I was so impressed by the car's handling and engine note, that I'm on the lookout for a mkII supra. It's great stock or fully modded and it really tears up the technical section of the Nur.

I have to say the Daihatsu Midget (Both) are fun to drive. Why? Well driving a toy car has never been so real...........:crazy:

Also the Caterham Fireblade is quite fun aswell, it really feels like a Go-Kart.

FormulaGT

I'm a fan of the '83 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Z31).

Despite it's weight, it carries itself very well, and I can win a lot of lower-level events with it even on mid-level street (i.e. simulation) tires, bone stock with just an oil change.

It's very pleasant to drive, goes where you tell it, and has a nice even powerband. Granted, it isn't quite the ballet dancer that the FC3S is, but I think it's got it's own charm.

I also like the ZR-1, but that's not exactly a sleeper.

I guess its not really a sleeper but it punches above its weight with some tuning. The lotus elise. Ive managed a lot of 200 point A spec races in this pocket rocket! It weighs as much as a sack of potatoes and at 300+ Bhp it will destroy anything upto 600bhp

Civic 1500 CX 3-door ('79)

NA w/ all Spoon parts & race super-softs. That car is fast and well balanced...and orange.

I put Shigeno Trueno wheels on it so I could stand looking at it in my replays. I'm still honing my skills, but at Tsukuba I'm at 1:00.28. Trying to get sub-1 minute.

EDIT: I also want to add my fully tuned, Turbo & NOS Daihatsu Midget II D-type '98. It is ridiculously quick, well-balanced, and super fun to drive.

Tsukuba: 0'59.784

thedeester1
I guess its not really a sleeper but it punches above its weight with some tuning. The lotus elise. Ive managed a lot of 200 point A spec races in this pocket rocket! It weighs as much as a sack of potatoes and at 300+ Bhp it will destroy anything upto 600bhp

i LOVE the lotus line.....especially the exige! if you have someone look at the numbers, they may assume it to be slow (if they overlook the complete lack of weight). but oh man! the handling!:bowdown:

The Speed 12 definately isn't a sleeper, but it is really fun to drive without aids on the 'Ring (slides like a greased marble on ice, :lol:)

Other than that, I really like the Caterham 7, awesome handling, like Formula GT said, handles like a go-kart. And I like go-karts :)

The best fun/sleeper car is the 1973 A110. It's very quick off the turns for such a small car, and it also can keep with up with cars above and beyond its class as well. One of the better handling cars when fully tuned as well.

Any BMW 1 series, easiest to handle, I blazed around Seattle Circuit while crashing in any of the 3 other cars I got to try.
Dont have a PS2 of my own...:(

AngelCreator
One car thats not a sleeper but is still fun to take and kill 700HP LM cars is the
Suzuki GSX-R/4, and if your on the right track you can beat 900HP LM cars:scared:.

Any car that can whip cars with twice the horsepower is a sleeper.

I love that little "electric razor"! It's a wild, rowdy romp around Seattle, bouncing into the air on all the curbs, yet remaining in control. It's also very responsive to suspension tuning, so you can get it to handle just about any way you want. I like it real stiff for Seattle, just for kicks bouncing off the curbs. Fix it up with a wing, low downforce in front, high in the back, and then take it jumping at El Capitan. It'll do wheelies if you hit the jump right. It'll do a lap at Monaco in under 1:30.

It's also an excellent car for Umbria, set it up right, and it'll just flip around that twisty downhill section like skipping down a flight of stairs.

It's unlike any other car for pure rowdy driving fun.

The Catterham is a fun car, looks like a dune buggy, fun to drive, fun to drift in, but...
Alas, NO DIRT TIRES?!?!?!?!?
Alas, you can't race it.

clearly the trueno 86 shigeno version is the best car (fully tuned of course) allowing u to fly into turns feeling like you never have to brake and then flying out of the turn in good ol 2nd gear

my favorite sleeper-esque car is the miata. I say sleeper-esqe because anyone who has been to an autocross, time-trial, hill-climb or any similar race has seen how stupid fast the miatas are (and how annoying if your in the same class).

I have fun scooting around laguna seca in my purple miata. It's cute.

Back