Best sounding drift cars?

• Thread starter oohhh yeah
  • 64 comments
oohhh8yeah
Hi guys,

So I've drifted the Mustang 302, AE86, and I'm looking for new cars that sound REALLY good.

I find some exhaust notes are bland-the BRZ for example even with sports exhaust (I find sports sound best for most cars)

I have a 5.1 surround sound system so I would like to really enjoy wringing the neck of my drift car while my ear are having a blast too :)

Please say what exhaust is on the car for the best sound:)

Hi guys,

So I've drifted the Mustang 302, AE86, and I'm looking for new cars that sound REALLY good.

I find some exhaust notes are bland-the BRZ for example even with sports exhaust (I find sports sound best for most cars)

I have a 5.1 surround sound system so I would like to really enjoy wringing the neck of my drift car while my ear are having a blast too :)

Please say what exhaust is on the car for the best sound:)

if you're looking for good car sound in GT6,
you're gonna have a bad time...

Best I can think of is the RX7, but that's because I like the sound of rotaries in the first place, and not all people are fond of it. Either the semi or the full race exhaust sound best.

Best for me at the moment is the Mustang, fun to drive, well done in the game, and great sounding WITH STOCK exhaust that blends well with EDM music.

It has a heavy rear weight distribution and as such is inferior for drifting compared to let's say an S15 or the mentioned Silvia K Dia.

For sure it sounds great, I think everybody knows that it's one of the few cars in GT6 that actually sounds close to its real life counterpart. But the only issue is most of the "drift" cars in GT6 sound like vacuum cleaners.

I'm going to try out the Silvia K and the chaser :) tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Drifts fine. Just needs the right setup, like most cars.

Its FR for crying out loud. And Japanese.

I've got an F430 that I drift. Couldn't care less of someone doesn't think it's a 'drift car'.

I know the LFA sounds great and is driftable, but it has a heavy rear weight distribution and as such is inferior for drifting compared to let's say an S15 or the mentioned Silvia K Dia.
The fact you think it is inferior, would suggest that to see someone drifting it well, should be considered impressive.

Sorry, but I can't stand the whole 'that's not a drift car' attitude. Especially when directed at an FR car.

I love my S13, but it's such a common choice, I wouldn't consider using one in a comp. I love seeing individual and unusual cars up against the clichéd big boys.

Check my wheel setups thread and you'll see I have alot of love for the common drift cars.

Drifts fine. Just needs the right setup, like most cars.

Its FR for crying out loud. And Japanese.

I've got an F430 that I drift. Couldn't care less of someone doesn't think it's a 'drift car'.
The fact you think it is inferior, would suggest that to see someone drifting it well, should be considered impressive.

Sorry, but I can't stand the whole 'that's not a drift car' attitude. Especially when directed at an FR car.

I love my S13, but it's such a common choice, I wouldn't consider using one in a comp. I love seeing individual and unusual cars up against the clichéd big boys.

Check my wheel setups thread and you'll see I have alot of love for the common drift cars.
It is definitely more impressive to see someone drift a LFA than a s13. The reason it is more impressive is because the LFA is inferior for DRIFTING.

You can't say an LFA is not inferior than an s13 for drifting...that is just against common sense.

It is definitely more impressive to see someone drift a LFA than a s13. The reason it is more impressive is because the LFA is inferior for DRIFTING.

You can't say an LFA is not inferior than an s13 for drifting...that is just against common sense.
Define inferior.

Sorry to take your thread off topic.

Every car has different handling characteristics.

Every driver has different handling preferences.

Therefore each car will have different positive and negative characteristics, in the eyes of each driver.

My point is, its all subjective.

Your bad is my good and my bad the next blokes good.

I'm going to build an LFA drift car later and see how it fairs. (I think it will sound epic)

I think you agree that just because you think it is inferior, doesnt mean someone else can't drift it.

Last edited:
If you want something that will sound good, I'd suggest hunt for any car with a 2JZ, Supra RZ, Aristo... They sound great. 1JZ doesn't sound bad either, so the chaser would be a nice pick.
BMW Z4 sounds pretty good with most of the exhausts.
Rotaries all sound nice on the full exhaust too.

I'm drifting the tvr v8s. Semi race exhaust. 4.0l v8 has a really nice note to it, sounds like a roverv8 too. And although it isn't supercharged, it has a distinctive whine/whistle to it that tends to make peoples jaws drop. Very responsive little car also, and I've only heard of 2 other people using them, only 1 of which I have actually witnessed.

Define inferior.

Sorry to take your thread off topic.

Every car has different handling characteristics.

Every driver has different handling preferences.

Therefore each car will have different positive and negative characteristics, in the eyes of each driver.

My point is, its all subjective.

Your bad is my good and my bad the next blokes good.

I'm going to build an LFA drift car later and see how it fairs. (I think it will sound epic)

I think you agree that just because you think it is inferior, doesnt mean someone else can't drift it.
Of course every car is different and every driver prefers different things

(I can't find any other dictionary except urbandictionary haha)

Definition:

Most of the cars used to drift are also usually RWD cars with FR layouts, as they are easier to drift than AWD cars, FWDcars, or RWD cars with MR layouts. However, other drivetrains are used for drifting by different people, as driving styles vary from person to person.

Why are FR cars "easier" to drift than other layouts? Because it is front heavy....that allows ease of car control while peforming the drift. More angle, easier to recover, less snappy, more control (which is the whole point of drifting.....control, not speed).

:)

Of course every car is different and every driver prefers different things

(I can't find any other dictionary except urbandictionary haha)

Definition:

Most of the cars used to drift are also usually RWD cars with FR layouts, as they are easier to drift than AWD cars, FWDcars, or RWD cars with MR layouts. However, other drivetrains are used for drifting by different people, as driving styles vary from person to person.

Why are FR cars "easier" to drift than other layouts? Because it is front heavy....that allows ease of car control while peforming the drift. More angle, easier to recover, less snappy, more control (which is the whole point of drifting.....control, not speed).

That's not a defenition for inferior.
The LFA is FR.

I like cars with a close to 50:50 weight distribution, and the game has ballast, so this can all be adjusted, as per real life.

Your missing my point.

What do you make of the reverse NSX drifting and FF drifting in that epic other thread?

I'm guessing you think it's not drifting, even though it's a car going very sideways in a controlled and stylish manner.

I agree it doesnt use the same exact techniques as traditional FR drifting.

But the fact you think it's not drifting, doesnt make it an actual fact.

I wanted your opinion on what an 'inferior' drift car is, not a C+P from urban dictionary defining drifting.

Open your mind.

Normal drift cars for me:
EyilF5a.jpg

HOW DARE YOU

It's as much a drift car as anything with the engine in front and the drive wheels in the back.

Last edited:
The R31 skyline sounds like a strimmer (weed whacker), but I suppose whether thats a good thing depends on how much you like strimmers...

I don't know why I'm telling you what the best sounding drift car in GT6 is after you made my friend @sparkytooth sad, but I'll tell you anyway because I'm nice.

The Fiat 500 F '68 with Racing Exhaust is literally music to my ears. Beethoven, Bach, that isn't real music. A Fiat 500 chugging through gears at 40 MPH is.

That's not a defenition for inferior.
The LFA is FR.

I like cars with a close to 50:50 weight distribution, and the game has ballast, so this can all be adjusted, as per real life.

Your missing my point.

What do you make of the reverse NSX drifting and FF drifting in that epic other thread?

I'm guessing you think it's not drifting, even though it's a car going very sideways in a controlled and stylish manner.

I agree it doesnt use the same exact techniques as traditional FR drifting.

But the fact you think it's not drifting, doesnt make it an actual fact.

I wanted your opinion on what an 'inferior' drift car is, not a C+P from urban dictionary defining drifting.

Open your mind.
I don't know what NSX ff drifting you are talking about.

An inferior drift car is defined IMO as a car that is inferior for drifting (duh).

So what what is a car that is inferior for drifting? Car 1 that doesn't drift as well as car 2.

By adding ballast, that is considered an extensive modification and is that car really the same as stock? By changing the weight distribution the car is not the same car it was.

In real life....money/time is limited. Most people don't have the money to go buy a LFA and then put ballast to make it front heavy and then go drifting...., not like any LFA owner would purchase it for the purpose of drifting. Anyone looking to drift will just buy an s13 slap an exhaust coiloers on it and be done with it.

The fact you had to add ballast alone tells me that you think the car is inferior in its stock weight distribution, as thus needs to be modified to imitate something else.

That said....I would expect it be very fun to drift an LFA with ballast as it has great steering feel and sound.

Last edited:
Back