Best sounding drift cars?

• Thread starter oohhh yeah
  • 64 comments
I don't know what NSX ff drifting you are talking about.

An inferior drift car is defined IMO as a car that is inferior for drifting (duh).

So what what is a car that is inferior for drifting? Car 1 that doesn't drift as well as car 2.

By adding ballast, that is considered an extensive modification and is that car really the same as stock? By changing the weight distribution the car is not the same car it was.

In real life....money/time is limited. Most people don't have the money to go buy a LFA and then put ballast to make it front heavy and then go drifting...., not like any LFA owner would purchase it for the purpose of drifting. Anyone looking to drift will just buy an s13 slap an exhaust coiloers on it and be done with it.

The fact you had to add ballast alone tells me that you think the car is inferior in its stock weight distribution, as thus needs to be modified to imitate something else.

That said....I would expect it be very fun to drift an LFA with ballast as it has great steering feel and sound.

:)

Im not trying to create trouble or an argument here, but i want to say something: Everyone has a different driving style, not everyone needs to use a ballast. Also don't you think "inferior" is a powerful word? It's a game-you can drive whatever car and do whatever you like with it. I also believe the Lexus LFA is a FR in game-any FR can be used to drift, so in my opinion, it is not inferior.

An inferior drift car is defined IMO as a car that is inferior for drifting (duh).

So what what is a car that is inferior for drifting? Car 1 that doesn't drift as well as car 2.

By adding ballast, that is considered an extensive modification and is that car really the same as stock? By changing the weight distribution the car is not the same car it was.

In real life....money/time is limited. Most people don't have the money to go buy a LFA and then put ballast to make it front heavy and then go drifting...., not like any LFA owner would purchase it for the purpose of drifting. Anyone looking to drift will just buy an s13 slap an exhaust coiloers on it and be done with it.

The fact you had to add ballast alone tells me that you think the car is inferior in its stock weight distribution, as thus needs to be modified to imitate something else.

That said....I would expect it be very fun to drift an LFA with ballast as it has great steering feel and sound.

You can't use the word your defining in its definition.

I mentioned ballast because you like a front weight biast. The rear weight biast seems to be your main argument, and the fact that ballast is freely available in game means it's a bit of a moot point.

Adding ballast is not an extensive modification. I have rear ballast in my car right now, I forgot to take to 80kgs of dumbells out of the boot.

Correct, most people on real life wouldn't have the money to burn for building an LFA drift car. Still doesn't mean it's not a drift car.

I'm sure some rich Arab sheikh has one for going very sideways.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/update-gt6-drift-collection-by-takumix-and-friends.302363/

The video near the bottom of the page.

Not everyone wants an S13 mate, just because it appears to be your ideal drift car.

You have admitted twice now that you think the LFA will 'be driftable' and now 'very fun' to drift, in which case you seem to be arguing for the sake of it.

Many people on here (and not on here) drift MR, RR etc. Weight distribution obviously is an issue for you, it might be less of an issue for others.

;)

Your argument is invalid on the grounds of Lexus LFA.

You can't use the word your defining in its definition.

I mentioned ballast because you like a front weight biast. The rear weight biast seems to be your main argument, and the fact that ballast is freely available in game means it's a bit of a moot point.

Adding ballast is not an extensive modification. I have rear ballast in my car right now, I forgot to take to 80kgs of dumbells out of the boot.

Correct, most people on real life wouldn't have the money to burn for building an LFA drift car. Still doesn't mean it's not a drift car.

I'm sure some rich Arab sheikh has one for going very sideways.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/update-gt6-drift-collection-by-takumix-and-friends.302363/

The video near the bottom of the page.

Not everyone wants an S13 mate, just because it appears to be your ideal drift car.

You have admitted twice now that you think the LFA will 'be driftable' and now 'very fun' to drift, in which case you seem to be arguing for the sake of it.

Many people on here (and not on here) drift MR, RR etc. Weight distribution obviously is an issue for you, it might be less of an issue for others.

;)
So you have 80kg dumbbells in your trunk right now, how do you expect to add front ballast to your real life LFA IF you had one?

There's a reason the S13 is popular for drifting...because for the purpose of drifting it is is ideal.

The LFA is not as ideal, requiring modification to make it drift as well as a s13.

Is that so hard to understand :)

So you have 80kg dumbbells in your trunk right now, how do you expect to add front ballast to your real life LFA IF you had one?

There's a reason the S13 is popular for drifting...because for the purpose of drifting it is is ideal.

The LFA is not as ideal, requiring modification to make it drift as well as a s13.

Is that so hard to understand :)
Considering S13 ' s have somthing like 150bhp stock, I'm going to take a wild guess and say the stock LFA would be a more capable drift machine.

I'm done here tbh.

Well today I fired up GT6 for a brief bit and took a spin in the 300zx as I had been planning that for a while but keep forgetting; sounds great like I expected except doesn't drive so great. The car doesn't really like to hold too much angle.

Tough car to drift on stock setup, gear ratios way too long + too fat/not enough power will definitely need tuning:)

Well today I fired up GT6 for a brief bit and took a spin in the 300zx as I had been planning that for a while but keep forgetting; sounds great like I expected except doesn't drive so great. The car doesn't really like to hold too much angle.

Tough car to drift on stock setup, gear ratios way too long + too fat/not enough power will definitely need tuning:)
funny I recently tuned up my 300zx if you need help just ask... and if you just wanna see it in action I have a video of it on YouTube

funny I recently tuned up my 300zx if you need help just ask... and if you just wanna see it in action I have a video of it on YouTube
Just had a look at your youtube and I am very impressed with the long drifts.

What wheel do you use?

Feel free to pm me your setup for that 240sx (what model is it exactly?) as well as the 300zx :)

Just had a look at your youtube and I am very impressed with the long drifts.

What wheel do you use?

Feel free to pm me your setup for that 240sx (what model is it exactly?) as well as the 300zx :)
Ds3 sadly...um... ill be posting tunes soon... when I get my team page back up

Well today I fired up GT6 for a brief bit and took a spin in the 300zx as I had been planning that for a while but keep forgetting; sounds great like I expected

Try the Sport exaust on the 300ZX. Love the sound, and it's realistic.

In my opinion - this is NOT directed at anyone or any comment in particular - there are sounds and sounds in GT. I'll elaborate;
There are the stock sounds, wich are all (or at least SHOULD be) realistic. Then there are...let's say, 20% of sport sounds wich are. From there on, it's all downhill when it comes to realistic sounds and "good" sounds, wich is obvious imo, since there wasn't a proper real sample to record from a lot of cars on semi race exausts or even race exausts, thus naturally making them sound unrealistic or simply...bad.
I'm one to always tune cars - just to drift - and then get them on the sound it sounds better, independent of having more or less 20 or even 50 HP.
Out of my head - there are several great stock sounds, and then a couple of sport, etc, untill less and less good sounds on race exausts - for instance:
Z32 300ZX on sport exaust (as mentioned) sounds very good. Realistic too.
Mustang on stock sound (as also mentioned) is great also.
The TVRs, most of them, as mentioned, have great "raw" sounds, from stock to race exausts. Just a matter of picking one up.
The 2JZs imo are better in race exausts, but the stock and sport exausts are also fine, more "refined".
Most V8s,especially the LS are good on stock exaust up to that "traditional" muscle car race exaust sound. Some people prefer the sport or semi race on them, simply because it has a higher pitch making it easier to listen to when in a middle of a drift train of 5 or 10 diferent sounds.
But the BEST of all to me, this is obvioulsy a personal taste, are the AMG V8s. LOVE them on stock, like them on sport or race exausts. Most of my AMGs are on stock sound.
Then there are the Jaguars on stock. Also killer sound imo.
A lot more have very good sounds, and I could go on, but most of all, try keeping them stock. Those are the more realistic sounds and I love most of them, even from a more "street legal" feeling point of view.

Thats a bit interesting, because we are talking about sounds and there is the exhaust sound, but also there is the engine sound as well. You can listen both diferences using the 3rd person camera and pressing the rear view, then you will see the car front and listen the engine noises mostly.

Some cars sounds nice using semi-sport exhaust, some cars sounds better with the sport ones. In general the sport exhaust is not loud enough while tandeming.

Best sounding car for me is the Honda HSV, I know this isn't really a drift car but it sounds identical to mad mikes red bull rx7. It does drift quite well too.

Best sounding car for me is the Honda HSV, I know this isn't really a drift car but it sounds identical to mad mikes red bull rx7. It does drift quite well too.

Ohh if only we could get a real 26B sound, then use it as an engine swap.

2 of my tunes are up on my OP. rx7 fc and the 300zx. enjoy!

Hi guys,

So I've drifted the Mustang 302, AE86, and I'm looking for new cars that sound REALLY good.

I find some exhaust notes are bland-the BRZ for example even with sports exhaust (I find sports sound best for most cars)

I have a 5.1 surround sound system so I would like to really enjoy wringing the neck of my drift car while my ear are having a blast too :)

Please say what exhaust is on the car for the best sound:)

If you like 2JZ sound, crank that sound up and buy the IS300 Sport Cross. It may be a wagon, but put a Semi racing SPORT* exhaust on it, and you will fall in love.. :3

Last edited:

You don't know me then. xD 300ZX full lock all dayyyyy. xD

EDIT: Stock trans, stock Diff, no ECU, Low RPM turbo, it's enough.

Ascari Full Track.jpg

Back on topic, Sport exhaust makes the 300ZX sound amazing. ^^

Back