Best starting car for GT6 - also: best car/event match

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 49 comments
This is giving me GT3 flashbacks where the only real starter car worth buying was the Miata. It was that or license test prizes.

Posting this here too before people start getting mad at me:

I think I caused some confusion because I wrote that you can now sell your starting Honda Fit. That likely happened because I had a few preorder cars in my garage, since apparently (I haven't tried to verify this) you can't sell all your cars. The actual news I meant to post was that in v1.01 you can now purchase a different car before racing with the Fit, but now I'm not sure anymore if you actually couldn't do that in v1.00 :( I think I would have noticed though.

I was not happy being forced to buy the Honda FIT (is that what they call a Jazz in the UK?) but after the first race I got the Mercedes VGT and sold the FIT and bought the MK.1 Golf GTI '76 ....

It's cracking!!!

Nothing can match the Fit when it comes to a first car. It has been proven over and over that it is without a doubt the absolutely best choice for your first car. For your second car however I'd recommend an FR-S. That's what I was planning to buy but then I impulse bought an El Camino.

Buy the Fit, win 2 races. Buy an MR2 Super Charger 86 for much fun. Then an efini RX7 for the FR and 90's Japanese raves. See you through to most of novice and B class races.

Long live the FIT!!!!!
At least its not Nissan March or something.....if its in the game....which is weird because PD is close to Nissan so imagine that.

The 106 rally was an extremly good option for me, could be bought immediately without selling the honda fit (which is usefull for the seasonal event at least, and I like to have every non-duplicated cars anyway). Won 17 races with the 106 without tuning; added a nitro on it later for National A & B, the nitro is very nice in fact for catching the rabbit at the start and then having very close racing with the first two cars in the race when the nitro is empty or almost empty

The FIT is just such a terrible car (looking wise) and too quick. Since you have to dictate the difficulty to actually have a race a self handicap is the only option. The 106 Rallye was the other 'petrol heads' option defo

Last edited:
Great advice! I bought the GT 86 in white and modded it to PP 500 on the nose so I can use it in the GT National Championship.

It really is a great car, the Subaru is a bit more stable, the Scion though is the most loose, 86 in the middle. At least it was like that in GT5, don't know if it's the same in 6. The price tag is affordable (30k or so), not to mention the GT86 and BR-Z are used in a one-make race later on in the Career mode.

And yes, it's comfortable for wins at 402 PP, then can easily get up to 500PP without breaking a sweat and will be a great money-maker for the early events.

With the way the AI is at the moment you could by a push bike and still win lol but seriously id go with the Honda fit.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION this was my second car as it is quite fast and i think it only costs around 27k so its cheaper and faster (in my opinion) than the GT86/BRZ/FR-S that other people were saying
why the f am i posting on this thread

BEST STARTING CAR FOR GT6

What are your experiences?
Which car seems to be the best car to start a new career as a race driver in GT6?

Or maybe more interesting: Which is the second car in your garage due to the fact... Honda Fit... :lol:

You can post you first line-up as well if you have made some progress already.

Also interesting: Which car matches best for which event?

------------

Summary:

Best starting car: Honda Fit seems to be a good starter among others...

It was a slow weekend by the house, so I got the dust out of the PS3 and GT6 and started a new save from scratch.
It's my first time playing it with my G29 wheel (I already tried it on GT5 in the past) and, by the GT6 Unauthorized Player's Guide suggestion, give the mandatory Honda Fit some more life that I used to (I also decided to "forget" that I had all the Anniversary Edition gift cars on my garage).
So, It's more than capable to do all the Novice class, completely stock. Sure, It'll loose a ton in some straights, but the AI is so slow in some corners you can get away with it. It's also a fun car to drive, as you can easily control the natural understeer with the throttle.
With just some bits of upgrade (exhaust manifold, intake, ECU, SH tires, weight reduction) it can easily beat half the National B class series (Freshman Cup, Clubman Cup, City Trials (Tokyo will need some heavy blocking uphill to the finish line), 5-minute races, FF Challenge and the final championship GT Compact Car), which represents half the stars of the National B class.

By than you will unlock the Junior Kart (getting National B license), that you will use Sunday Kart Junior, the Renault Clio RS by getting all the stars on Novice Class, the Lancia Delta by half the stars in National B. If you go for National A license, you will also get the Honda S2000 and if you go for National B missions, you will get the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI Tommi Makinen Edition, which is THE CAR to have, according to the guide. For now will allow you to do the Japanes 90's challenge, and the S2000 the FR challenge.

As I ignored the gift cars, I only had to buy a car for Classic Sports Cars Series.

But definetly the Honda FIT should be your starting car.

It was a slow weekend by the house, so I got the dust out of the PS3 and GT6 and started a new save from scratch.
It's my first time playing it with my G29 wheel (I already tried it on GT5 in the past) and, by the GT6 Unauthorized Player's Guide suggestion, give the mandatory Honda Fit some more life that I used to (I also decided to "forget" that I had all the Anniversary Edition gift cars on my garage).
So, It's more than capable to do all the Novice class, completely stock. Sure, It'll loose a ton in some straights, but the AI is so slow in some corners you can get away with it. It's also a fun car to drive, as you can easily control the natural understeer with the throttle.
With just some bits of upgrade (exhaust manifold, intake, ECU, SH tires, weight reduction) it can easily beat half the National B class series (Freshman Cup, Clubman Cup, City Trials (Tokyo will need some heavy blocking uphill to the finish line), 5-minute races, FF Challenge and the final championship GT Compact Car), which represents half the stars of the National B class.

By than you will unlock the Junior Kart (getting National B license), that you will use Sunday Kart Junior, the Renault Clio RS by getting all the stars on Novice Class, the Lancia Delta by half the stars in National B. If you go for National A license, you will also get the Honda S2000 and if you go for National B missions, you will get the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI Tommi Makinen Edition, which is THE CAR to have, according to the guide. For now will allow you to do the Japanes 90's challenge, and the S2000 the FR challenge.

As I ignored the gift cars, I only had to buy a car for Classic Sports Cars Series.

But definetly the Honda FIT should be your starting car.

nice to see someone playing gt6.. the game was too easy tho.. gt5 was much better.. but regarding starting car for me I like Alfa and Lancia nut also Abarth 500 will win like next 30 races or so if you just do Sierra events first.. miss the game now lol

nice to see someone playing gt6.. the game was too easy tho.. gt5 was much better.. but regarding starting car for me I like Alfa and Lancia nut also Abarth 500 will win like next 30 races or so if you just do Sierra events first.. miss the game now lol
Too easy indeed, specially now doing it with a steering wheel.
The first glimpse of difficulty were the International B licenses last night, still gold after 3 or 4 tries.
On other hand smoked the Tour of Japan with the RE Amemiya RX-7 completly stock, against rivals like the GT-R R35 and R390 road car.

Back