Best/Worst You've Dealt With in GTA Online

• Thread starter Dan
  • 2,929 comments
That's what annoyed me about the unprovoked attack. I was driving to the docks to take a photo, I was avoiding all crashes and then boom. The car had no missile lock sound so I had no chance.

The hydra has been usurped really. In the right hands the Deluxo is almost the perfect grief tool.
Yep when a Deluxo is trying to attack me, I just go passive. I don't even try to fight back 95% of the time.

I wish I had the money to get some of these weaponized vehicles, I'd love to get a Chernobog and spend all my time blowing Deluxo griefers out of the sky thanks to its absolutely absurd anti-air potential.

Eh, I have the ChernobylSwamp(Drainer) and aside from some fun rampaging it's mostly useless. No idea how much damage it can take, but anywhere you would have it out where it would be able to target attackers is going to leave the Chernobog exposed. For Deluxos it might stand a fighting chance as they cannot engage from the Chernobog's blind spots(directly above and down to certain angles) and isn't terribly durable itself, but for Jets and the like I expect it to just be a larger target. The best defense against a Deluxo is probably the explosive sniper rounds, but since the nerf that may be their only significant use.

The Chernobyl doesn't have any explosion resistance. It's main defense is it's absurdly long lock-on range. It's no use in close-quarter battles, but should fair very well in open areas with enemies approaching from afar.

Keep everyone a good half kilometer (maybe further) away and you should be fine.

The Chernobyl doesn't have any explosion resistance. It's main defense is it's absurdly long lock-on range. It's no use in close-quarter battles, but should fair very well in open areas with enemies approaching from afar.

Keep everyone a good half kilometer (maybe further) away and you should be fine.

^This. Max lock-on distance is approximately a full kilometer away, so far that the missiles can actually go through distant buildings (since the point at which the game stops detecting collision is closer than the maximum missile distance.

This video is pretty good at demonstrating the stats and strengths of the Chernobog. If you had a friend in a Pyro to harass any jets that try and divebomb you from above, you could potentially completely shut down a decent area of the map.

EDIT: Not to mention that the explosive weakness could act to your advantage, since griefers might expect you to be an easy target if they aren't aware of how strong it is out in the open.

A random managed to get through my firewall filter today. He was pretty high level and a non-griefer. After an hour or so of just doing our own thing separately, he joined my organization and we did a 16-crate warehouse clearing. Then after that we did back to back motorcycle business sales. Grossed $600k in about 20 mins with his help. Pretty awesome when the game works cooperatively.

It has me wondering if I pick up a meth business and a bunker whether I can stagger the buying of supplies and the delivery of product such that I'm essentially always making deliveries. It would be 4 businesses and quite a bit to keep up with, but if each one is making 60-100k/hr, that seems like pretty good money. Has anyone tried this?

You can buy all the businesses and do that, but you'll make more money if you run just the bunker and grind I/E between resupplying and selling. It's monotonous, but most profitable.

Literally played with this guy for like 5 minutes and now I'm his best friend or something lol. I let him drive my Kraken and Tyrus. He's a level 12 so he's probably not been able to drive anything cool.

PS_Messages_20180422_190011.jpg

And then I think he's asking me how to go into passive mode but not sure.

PS_Messages_20180422_190905.jpg

He's driving my rocket Voltic now. Good change of pace from dodging attack helis and flying cars

In a mission yesterday, I picked up the documents and headed towards Lester to deliver them when suddenly a “teammate” came up by my side and rammed me off the road because apparently it’s some kind of competition to see who can make it there first.

Fine. As a revenge, I followed all the traffic rules for the rest of the way there. Lots of red lights, very unfortunate.

Someone thought it was a good idea to purposely destroy my Benefactor Feltzer while I was in the shop buying snacks and restoring my health. (I knew it was on purpose because he chucked like 8 sticky bombs on it) :grumpy: I know it's not the most expensive or hardest to get car, but it has a really nice bodykit on it and I do love it, so naturally when someone wrecks it I seek revenge of some sort.

Unfortunately for him, I spotted him leaving so I followed him to his next stop which happened to be a Los Santos Customs. While he was in there, I stuck a proximity mine just outside the entrance, so whatever he just went and spent all that money on was about to go up in smoke. I left to go do other things, and sure enough a death message popped up a few seconds later, followed by a colourfully worded PSN message.

The real kicker is his car wasn't insured, so I didn't pay a cent. Payback's a female dog :sly:

I had forgotten about this thread.

Here comes a long one about today’s fun stuff...for me...so far:lol:

The first one was when I was in my Akula (in stealthmode of course:mischievous:), to hunt some bounties.

The first one I came across was ~rank 250, driving straight towards a soloplaying lowrank MC-president (around rank 30-40), trying to sell some goods. My plan was to kill 2 birds with one stone. Save the MC-guy, and get the bounty (yes, I’m that kind...sometimes ;)). I wasn’t able to get there in time to keep the MC-guy and his van alive, but I got to the Lombank building, killed the guy to get the bounty, and flew off to my nightclub in Vespucci.

When I spawn inside my club, I get a text from mr Bounty, simply asking me “Why U do dat?” :dunce: I answered something like “If you’re going after easy kills/killing random lowlevels, I’m going after you.” I bring up the map and see mr Bounty coming down towards me...by road. I’m thinking that I should get airborne as soon as possible, so I exit my club. But when I spawn outside, I see the pop up saying “XXX left.”

I hope that he got disconnected or had to leave anyway, cause I hope noone can be that much of a coward in GTA.

The second one was even funnier (to me).

I’m sitting in my Savage on top of the Maze bank building waiting for a crate battle to start, and notice a Deluxo coming towards me. Circling around the building. I’m guessing he’s coming for me, so I get airborne just as he reaches my altitude.

Now, unless I’m actively hunting, I almost always keep my Savage/Deluxo/Akula/whatever in machinegun mode. That way I won’t lock on to people and make them attack me for no reason. The sound you hear when someone lock onto you makes people shoot, and I’m fine with that. I do the same thing. I’m also just a fraction of a second away from homingmissile-mode.

Of course, he locks onto me, I switch mode, he shoots, I shoot, explosions occur, and we die. I got the most expensive part since he was in a Deluxo, but whatever.

We respawn, and he’s trying to kill me again. I called my Deluxo and slipped away into my office, because I have to visit the bathroom (IRL).

When I come back, I see him on Vespucci beach. Just within range from the roof of my Lombank office. Time for payback :mischievous:(remember, he shot at me first)

Up on the roof, looking through my scope, I realize that he’s stuck with his supplyvan (he was in an MC this whole time). Obviously, I kill him. And then again. And again. And another 3 times until he gets the van unstuck. Since I have my Deluxo parked on the roof, I chase him down and blow up the supplies along with him.

Back to the office, with my Deluxo parked on the roof. He comes after me. Circling around the office, and destroys the Deluxo.

Whatever. I just call Mors, he pays for it. We’re both happy. Or at least I am :lol:.

The entire time that he’s circling my office, off radar of course, I watch him on the tv. Telling him “that’s not a good hiding spot”. He moves. I tell him that it’s better to hide higher up than I am. He comes back on the radar, and leaves.

Then follows a period of me following him in passive. Doing nothing. Not popping out of it to kill him, just following. I think we spent at least 15 minutes flying/driving around.

Then I get bored. So I leave him, steal a car off the street and starts to head north. Just as I’m about to pass Madrazo’s place, a pop up pops up, notifying me that an MC is selling some stuff.
Yes. It’s Mr Iwannadie. :mischievous: So a quick call to Pegasus, and off to Sandy Shores to pick up my Savage.

And lucky for me, and not so lucky for him, he comes up the same highway that I just left. Quick off the radar, and just as he drives across the grass between Madrazo’s place, Bolingbroke and the construction site, he’s greeted with a hailstorm of explosive bullets from my Savage, ending both him and his sale:sly:.

And now I’m determined. He WILL quit this lobby. Off to my nearby facility at the wind farm to bring out my Avenger.

When I spawn inside, I get a text where he asks me what my problem is with him. So I just tell him the truth. That if he hadn’t fired at me at the Maze bankbuilding for no reason, I would’ve left him alone. He basically brought this to himself. After my first message, waiting to be able to send the rest of my message, I get an invite to his MC. I send him the second, and last, part of my message and I’m just about to accept his invite (I don’t mind playing with morons, I do it regularly :lol:;)) when he leaves:lol:.

After some laughing, I leave my facility to make some cash. I notice that what used to be a lobby with 25-30 people is down to 6 people. 3 in the same organization, me and 2 soloplayers.

I pause to see where everyone is, and all 3 that are in the same organization is paused.

Up with the phone to text the CEO to not worry. That I’m not going to go after anyone in the lobby. That’s when I get the notification that says that people are voting to kick me and that I should beh....”You’ve been kicked”:lol:

Which was great, because I was getting hungry, and that gave me an incentive to log off and go eat.

Since nobody from GTP or my friendlist had an empty lobby up I found myself in a full public session, invited some randoms to my MC and did a few re-supply ones. The last one was to get the ballistic armor from Zancudo. One of my MC members left so I had to do the mission with a random level 38 player. We headed to Zancudo, I collected the ballistic armor and shot my way through to the truck. The other guy wasn‘t doing anything apart from constantly dying. When I made my way to the truck and faced the tank that other guy in the meantime stole one of the Lazers and flew around trying to blow up everything that surrounded me. Kinda save to say that I wasn‘t really able to survive more than 5 minutes waiting for this moron to drive me away. And while falling to death the game also tells me he crashed the Lazer into the tower :dunce:
I turned on friendly fire, shot him with the musket and then threw him out of the MC :lol:
Another reason found to stay away from public session..

I had forgotten about this thread.

Here comes a long one about today’s fun stuff...for me...so far:lol:

The first one was when I was in my Akula (in stealthmode of course:mischievous:), to hunt some bounties.

The first one I came across was ~rank 250, driving straight towards a soloplaying lowrank MC-president (around rank 30-40), trying to sell some goods. My plan was to kill 2 birds with one stone. Save the MC-guy, and get the bounty (yes, I’m that kind...sometimes ;)). I wasn’t able to get there in time to keep the MC-guy and his van alive, but I got to the Lombank building, killed the guy to get the bounty, and flew off to my nightclub in Vespucci.

When I spawn inside my club, I get a text from mr Bounty, simply asking me “Why U do dat?” :dunce: I answered something like “If you’re going after easy kills/killing random lowlevels, I’m going after you.” I bring up the map and see mr Bounty coming down towards me...by road. I’m thinking that I should get airborne as soon as possible, so I exit my club. But when I spawn outside, I see the pop up saying “XXX left.”

I hope that he got disconnected or had to leave anyway, cause I hope noone can be that much of a coward in GTA.

The second one was even funnier (to me).

I’m sitting in my Savage on top of the Maze bank building waiting for a crate battle to start, and notice a Deluxo coming towards me. Circling around the building. I’m guessing he’s coming for me, so I get airborne just as he reaches my altitude.

Now, unless I’m actively hunting, I almost always keep my Savage/Deluxo/Akula/whatever in machinegun mode. That way I won’t lock on to people and make them attack me for no reason. The sound you hear when someone lock onto you makes people shoot, and I’m fine with that. I do the same thing. I’m also just a fraction of a second away from homingmissile-mode.

Of course, he locks onto me, I switch mode, he shoots, I shoot, explosions occur, and we die. I got the most expensive part since he was in a Deluxo, but whatever.

We respawn, and he’s trying to kill me again. I called my Deluxo and slipped away into my office, because I have to visit the bathroom (IRL).

When I come back, I see him on Vespucci beach. Just within range from the roof of my Lombank office. Time for payback :mischievous:(remember, he shot at me first)

Up on the roof, looking through my scope, I realize that he’s stuck with his supplyvan (he was in an MC this whole time). Obviously, I kill him. And then again. And again. And another 3 times until he gets the van unstuck. Since I have my Deluxo parked on the roof, I chase him down and blow up the supplies along with him.

Back to the office, with my Deluxo parked on the roof. He comes after me. Circling around the office, and destroys the Deluxo.

Whatever. I just call Mors, he pays for it. We’re both happy. Or at least I am :lol:.

The entire time that he’s circling my office, off radar of course, I watch him on the tv. Telling him “that’s not a good hiding spot”. He moves. I tell him that it’s better to hide higher up than I am. He comes back on the radar, and leaves.

Then follows a period of me following him in passive. Doing nothing. Not popping out of it to kill him, just following. I think we spent at least 15 minutes flying/driving around.

Then I get bored. So I leave him, steal a car off the street and starts to head north. Just as I’m about to pass Madrazo’s place, a pop up pops up, notifying me that an MC is selling some stuff.
Yes. It’s Mr Iwannadie. :mischievous: So a quick call to Pegasus, and off to Sandy Shores to pick up my Savage.

And lucky for me, and not so lucky for him, he comes up the same highway that I just left. Quick off the radar, and just as he drives across the grass between Madrazo’s place, Bolingbroke and the construction site, he’s greeted with a hailstorm of explosive bullets from my Savage, ending both him and his sale:sly:.

And now I’m determined. He WILL quit this lobby. Off to my nearby facility at the wind farm to bring out my Avenger.

When I spawn inside, I get a text where he asks me what my problem is with him. So I just tell him the truth. That if he hadn’t fired at me at the Maze bankbuilding for no reason, I would’ve left him alone. He basically brought this to himself. After my first message, waiting to be able to send the rest of my message, I get an invite to his MC. I send him the second, and last, part of my message and I’m just about to accept his invite (I don’t mind playing with morons, I do it regularly :lol:;)) when he leaves:lol:.

After some laughing, I leave my facility to make some cash. I notice that what used to be a lobby with 25-30 people is down to 6 people. 3 in the same organization, me and 2 soloplayers.

I pause to see where everyone is, and all 3 that are in the same organization is paused.

Up with the phone to text the CEO to not worry. That I’m not going to go after anyone in the lobby. That’s when I get the notification that says that people are voting to kick me and that I should beh....”You’ve been kicked”:lol:

Which was great, because I was getting hungry, and that gave me an incentive to log off and go eat.

TL;DR: So basically, you’re the worst they have dealt with? ;)

I dealt with a good guy the other day. We did the Titan mission and on our first attempt he crashed it while trying to land, so on the second attempt he let me do the flying! Can you believe that??

Stopped for an intersection and was just about to drive away when a fat lady (AI driver) in a Vapid Sandking pulled up next to me and then slammed into the side of my car, as if trying to drive across my hood.

Then SHE got angry, got out of her car and wanted a fist fight.

Sometimes I think the AI drivers are motivated by insurance fraud, actively looking for an opportunity to crash into other cars. What’s funny though is that they’ll happily wait behind other AI cars, but when it’s a player car they need to squeeze past at any cost.

Stopped for an intersection and was just about to drive away when a fat lady (AI driver) in a Vapid Sandking pulled up next to me and then slammed into the side of my car, as if trying to drive across my hood.

Then SHE got angry, got out of her car and wanted a fist fight.

Sometimes I think the AI drivers are motivated by insurance fraud, actively looking for an opportunity to crash into other cars. What’s funny though is that they’ll happily wait behind other AI cars, but when it’s a player car they need to squeeze past at any cost.

The fact that AI cars will wait instead of treating you as an object blocking traffic (*stares in GTA IV*) is a major improvement. I just wish they were more patient and wouldn’t lay on the horn 0.1 seconds after the light turns green.

I just dealt with a guy who called mercenaries and muggers to me for no apparent reason (didnt know the guy at all). It took a bit, but the mercenaries were picked off one by one.

When I went to confront him he just hid in his house and watched me on his TV. All the while still calling mercenaries and muggers. Not that the muggers did much. Wow, you stole the $16 I got from accidentally running over that dude a few miles back. What will I do? :rolleyes:

At least he was kind enough to park his armoured car outside, so I simply sat in the passenger seat and chilled there while mercenaries and cops shot the car full of holes. Guess he didnt plan that bit very well. :lol:

My revenge in the end? Continually buzzing his apartment. Nonstop. For half an hour. When it comes to settling the score, I'm quite patient.

Back