BESTuners Gallery | Updated October 28th, 2006 - DB9 by ChromeBallz

• Thread starter BESTuners
  • 585 comments
BESTuners
BESTuners Ford GT '05 Report​

Driver: .Duck.

Deep Forest Laptime: 1’12.295

NOTE: Review tested with S2s & R4s, laptime tested with R4s.

Exterior/History:
Ford made a good move by creating a production version of the famous Le Mans winning GT40. It looks stunning. Of course, there’s some minor body tweaks for aerodynamics and such, but it largely remains unchanged. A few months ago, I saw a yellow-with-black-stripes GT, and it was beautiful. Simply a classic. It has a mean, but classy look. A brute in an elegant shell. It’s timeless. Several decades from now, it will probably be one of the most coveted cars, and will go to the highest bidder.

It has been known to be a Ferrari killer 40 years ago, and now today. Now, I’ll tune it for it’s maximum potential. It’ll be a wild beast, but I’ll see if I can get it to be friendly with me.

The Bad…:
Let’s start with the brakes. They’re weak. They’re so weak it’s not even laughable. I know that they’re like this in real life, but come on! A supercar should have some decent brakes, for crying out loud!! Going 190 MPH with more downforce than average, you’d think they’d be decent enough. Oh well. On to the next set of problems.

Next is the handling. It handles decent, but if even one wheel goes airborne, you’re dead meat. This is particularly amplified with R4s, and the extreme roughness of Deep Forest. I am positive that I can shave off 5 or more seconds, but not with me behind the wheel. I had to do 10 restarts to get a clean laptime, and I wasn’t in the mood to go through 15 long laps of hell to get the desired laptime. And I forgot to mention I had to put on driving aids to get my laptime. I better go repent after I type this up.

…And the good:
Well, the engine sound is really cool. Like a mean (insert deep, hoarse voice for quotations), “BRRRUUUUUUUUUUUMMM”. Ok, I guess you didn’t get that point, so get off your butt and try it yourself. You’ll like it. And speaking of engines, the 850 HP it’s pumping out really makes it zoom past your opponents. I lowered the Autoset so you’ll get where you need to go faster, but I’m confident that it’ll reach 250 MPH pretty easily. And it may reach 300 if you can get a top speed lunatic to lay his hands on it.

The handling does have it’s oversteer problem, but on a flat track like Tsukuba or Fuji, it’s nearly nonexistent. So you’ll get near neutral handling, with a hint of understeer on S2s. Your foes will fearfully call it the “Dominator”, and it is one.

Conclusion:
It’s an awesome car to drive stock, and it makes for some really fun battles in Arcade mode. Now, if you want a real challenge, then you can tune it, but use some aids. I don’t care if you’re the biggest anti-aids supporter on the face of the Earth, just do it.

The set-up:
Ford GT Set-up. Be sure to put on driving aids.

Thanks for reading, and please comment!!!

Its definitielly a great car, but its also pretty hard to drive.
a tip: the rear wing really helps in this car, you wont get airborne so easily
ans itll handle a lot better, but its still a beast!

MKthreeGTi
w00t! BESTuners will be back in business by Saturday maybe :) I'm going to do the Volkswagen Golf IV GTi

Dang, you are freakin' addicted right now. I couldn't be more pissed at my GTI right now....for reasons I dont even fell like explaining.

I havn't even picqked up my controller in a while. I've had 4 exams this week and I am trying to get good grades. Im sure after the last on on Friday I will find some time to play.

wow duck, nice work with the focal zoom, a truely amazing set of pics, and a freakin awesome car i might add. I reckon i'll have m,y ram update on soon, ya know the one, the semi hemi. BTW, silver is definantly the best color for that car man.

You've already done an Integra, and a 2 year difference isn't a big difference.

I mean for crying out loud, just choose a car and stick with it. Or no report will be done. If it handles like crap, or it looks like crap, that'll be something to report in the cons section of the report. I mean, did you even make any progress on your Golf?

Yes I did make progress on the Golf, understeer heaven as a matte of fact...And if you keep talking like that, you won't be writing any reports for us any more ;)

MKthreeGTi
Yes I did make progress on the Golf, understeer heaven as a matte of fact...
I don't see anywhere on the first post that the car has to handle good... but whatever. Not to poke fun, but you may as well do the F1 car.

MK3
And if you keep talking like that, you won't be writing any reports for us any more ;)
1. That's the 5th time you've used that empty threat against me. :dunce:

2. It's constructive critisizm. Do you want me to help or not? :confused:

3. Did you even see THIS post? I'm already gone. So you can't use the "I'll kick you out" card again. :P

I don't know if your post was sarcasm, or if it had true intentions, but hey, I'm speaking my mind.

sorry to say this matt, but you just got F'ed in the A. Lol. God i cant wait to post my report tomorrow, my grand return to both bestuners and me gallery.
zefff
Hahaha!!! Great to see you guys keepin up with the *****in! :)

edit:....jeez! Cant I even say b1tchin' on here? :(

dude, i know, i cant tell you how many times i've done that and had it freakin edited, damn, its a classic word to describe something cool, BlTCHIN..... Though in your case, it was to describe arguments, same thing, whatever.

Okay guys. I got told up :lol: Sorry Duck :indiff: I will be posting a repor sometime soon. :)

EDIT :: I will be doing the Ford Mustang GT '05 by next week :D Thanks every one. This place has to be running again.

PLmatt91
Okay guys. I got told up :lol: Sorry Duck :indiff: I will be posting a repor sometime soon. :)

EDIT :: I will be doing the Ford Mustang GT '05 by next week :D Thanks every one. This place has to be running again.
Oh... My... Friggin... God.

You still continue to amaze me, ekmatt9. You really do. :lol: Just stick with a car (and/or username, in this case), and call it a day. :lol: If you went Premium a long time ago, Duke will probably burst a vein from changing your name so much. :lol:

And you don't have to say sorry to me. :)

EDIT: Also, did you have more usernames before iJDM04?

Driver-440cuda

Car- Dodge Ram

DF Time-1:17.458
rambanner3yu.jpg

Report-
Intro- Not an easy truck to tune, it is certainly a behemoth, weighing in at just over 2 tons and having an immense amount of power to control, just shy of 700 BHP. With some persuasion and adjustments to my DFP, I made this truck a real monster both on the track, and on the trails of the canyon.

rambig15hk.jpg

The worth- Absolute power makes this an awesome truck to go from left foot on the floor to right foot through the floor and straight to the tarmac (Fred Flinstone style baby). You just cant get off the gas. Thanks to a very stiff factory suspension to handle its immense girth, and some other stiffening adjustments on my part, it also goes quite agile through the windy bits. Its just so great at being responsive (well, as responsive as you can expect from a two ton tub of lard) where you need it to be, and you just may find yourself kicking out the rear for sheer enjoyment purposes.

rambig26zf.jpg

The worthless- However responsive while coasting or under power, it has quite sluggish handling under braking. Just imagine all the weight of an elephant being lofted to the front of the vehicle when you put your left foot down, then trying to make the damn thing change direction. Not just steering under braking, but braking itself is dull and could be improved.

rambig38kl.jpg

Conclusion- I’d like a bit more to work with from the factory, like bigger brakes, other than that, it is a great automobile. It has great looks, awesome sound, and the power to boot, a truly American piece of automotive history.

rambig42rd.jpg

Set-up

Parts to buy-

Racing Exhaust, R5 tires, NA 3, brake controller, Racing suspension, Triple plate clutch, Racing flywheel, carbon driveshaft, spoiler, Full customizable LSD, VCD controller, oil change, racing chip.

Settings-
(note*, first number represents front, while second number represents rear settings)
Brakes-
Balance Controller- 21/12

Suspension
Spring rate- 13.5/10.8
Ride height-144/144
Bound- 9/8
Rebound-9/8
Camber- 2.9/1.2
Toe- 0/-1
Stabilizers- 2/2

Transmission-
Auto setting-15 (adjust to style or track)

Aids-
Oversteer- 0
Understeer-0
TCS-0

Down force-
Down force- N/A

LSD-
Initial- 5/16
Acceleration- 5/35
Deceleration- 5/9

VCD-
Front distribution-10 (or adjust to driving surface)

Weight-
Ballast- 0
Distribution-0

Enjoy, reply back on this

Ford Mustang GT '05

Driver :: PLmatt91 (Formerly ekmatt9 and MKthreeGTi)

Deep Forest Raceway Time :: 1'09.134

The Exterior:
This 'Stang reminds of the old ones. Of course that's what Ford was aiming for when they made this car. I'm not too crazy about the looks besides the tail lights. The front looks mean sometimes, but it depends on which angle you look at it from. The wheels are my favorite. I chose some BBS rims that I personally think match the car nicely. My rating for the exterior of this car is an eight.

mustang11kn.jpg

My 👍's
This car handles very well in my opinion. I have tried to drift it, but no success any where. For a track car, I think this car is very nice. Mild understeer, nice throttle control. I put the brake's up a little too much, but I like it like that because the weight of the car would probably really need it. Nothing else is that bad I think. The suspension has mild tuning because over the months when I was playing this game, I found out not to set the suspension settings too high or too low. Just to keep it aroudn 1 - 3.0 lower or higher. I rate the good things on this car a 7.

mustang41np.jpg

My 👎's
Understeer as usual. Not too bad, but it can be fixed. The power, I wish it had more!! :lol: The weight is certainly a problem for me. I don't see why Ford put a lot of weight into their Mustang's when most people want to use them for racing...I don't find any major problems in this car besides those. One being good and ten being bad in problems, I give this car a 4.

mustang50ij.jpg

Overall
It's a good car to drive in a championship event in GT4. Not too bad, not the best. You would want to take a couple laps with it where you are racing though because you could know your weaknesses and good points in the spots. Over all for this car would be a 7 and a half.

mustang78xc.jpg

My Settings ::

Horsepower :: 523 | Torque :: 594

Parts to buy ::
-Racing Exhaust
-Sports Chip
-Racing (R4 Soft Tires)
-Nitrous (optional)
-Supercharger
-Racing Brakes
-Brake Balance Controller
-Racing Suspension
-Full Customize Transmission
-Triple-Plate Clutch
-Racing Flywheel
-Carbon Driveshaft
-Full Customize LSD
-Stage 3 Weight Reduction
-Port Polish
-Engine Balancing

Suspension ::
Spring Rate - 8.5 | 9.0
Ride Height - 95 | 95
Shock (Bound) - 7 | 8
Shock (Rebound) - 7 | 8
Camber Angle - 3.0 | 0.8
Toe Angle - 0 | 0
Stabilizers - 4 | 4

Transmission ::
What ever you want.

LSD ::
Initial - 20
Acceleration - 54
Deceleration - 12

Driving Aids ::
ASM Oversteer - 1
ASM Understeer - 5
TCS Controller - 4

Brake Balance Controller ::
Front - 8
Rear - 9

Thanks for checking this out 👍

thank you matt, your report was very interesting, who wudda thunk a mustang having understeer, hahahahha, lol. And i have seen these great pics previously, very nice, oh, and btw, you suck for not drifting it, lol, jk. I think i will do this thing with the updating Bestuners/my gallery with the same pics, and put a story on one.

@ 440cuda - Great pics, great report. But the second pic looks sweet, though, it makes you feel like you're crouching on the dirt trying to take some cool pics of it, and then you inhale a cloud of dirt, and then you think "that POS will pay". :lol: 👍

@ ekplmk3matt - Ditto as above, great pics, great review. The taillamps on the second pic looks so real it's scary. Although I'm a bit surprised it had an understeer (even if it was light) problem, with R4s. I experienced a light understeer when I tuned it, but that was with S2s. :odd: You should try lowering the rear stabilizer by 1, and dramatically lower the LSD Accel. The higher it is, the more understeer it induces, IMO. And IMHO, stiffer settings = more understeer. You should try that.

But I do agree with the lack of power. That car needs at least 700 HP, not 500.

How much Ford Mustang GT '05 roll ?
I think with spring rate = 9 and low enough ride height, using 3.0 camber is too much, maybe this cause the car to understeer.
But as I don't know how suspension affecting body roll angle in GT4, I can only estimate that the camber should not exceed 1.0.

I really wish I can make picture like this in GT2 :(. Nice picture.

440cuda and PLmatt91(another name already??) Good job. Sorry I've been gone so long. Just got back online yesterday. I should be up and running with gt4 again soon. I kinda lost my memory card during the move :grumpy: Anyways nice reports and pics 👍

Edit: Oh yeah, look forward to another Luxury Car Report whenever I find my memory card. :D

:) These reviews are really good, i much prefer seeing these in comparison to just seeing a bunch of numbers cause you describe how the car behaves etc. Top work! Lovin' the pictures too, also, could anybody post a review of any of these: TVR Tuscan Speed Six or Audi RS4 or Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR. Thanks in advance, keep up the top work folks!

thanks everyone, thanks duck, means a lot to see you around, i miss your old gallery man, i loved the banner with the car in front of the pits, damn, whatever happened to us, we were so young, i must restart my gallery, not as a new one, same one, just restart it on page 374893274932748932. It'll work, i miss it, i also miss ekmatt9, good kid, whatever happened to him?. I think he was taken over by the dark side, you know, the "make a new name every week" side of the force.

440cuda9sec
thanks everyone, thanks duck, means a lot to see you around, i miss your old gallery man, i loved the banner with the car in front of the pits, damn, whatever happened to us, we were so young, i must restart my gallery, not as a new one, same one, just restart it on page 374893274932748932. It'll work, i miss it, i also miss ekmatt9, good kid, whatever happened to him?. I think he was taken over by the dark side, you know, the "make a new name every week" side of the force.
Erm... my gallery is still up and running. :confused: And I'm not about to start a new one anytime soon. :odd:

Back