BESTuners Gallery | Updated October 28th, 2006 - DB9 by ChromeBallz

• Thread starter BESTuners
  • 585 comments
Hey guys, just wonderin if anybody could help me with a decent set up for a GT300 JGTC Subaru Cusco Impreza, no matter what I try it always seems to be at least half a second a lap slower(around most tracks in general) than the Toyota Wedsport Celica :indiff:

I'm just lookin for a way to even things out, without having to resort to ballasting the Celica..

Mr_Roboto
Hey guys, just wonderin if anybody could help me with a decent set up for a GT300 JGTC Subaru Cusco Impreza, no matter what I try it always seems to be at least half a second a lap slower(around most tracks in general) than the Toyota Wedsport Celica :indiff:
What an opposite of GT2, if you leave both car stock, the cusco subaru will trash wedsport celica anytime :P.
If the wedsport still an FF in GT4, this is interesting, and the FF beats the more powerfull FR :D.

The Subaru is a great car, and should outperform the Celica (FR in GT4), simply because of it´s tremendous stoppingpower. You can brake so late with the Subaru, that it´s rediculous.
And is that Subaru really in GT2? It´s an -03 model, and there is the -01 Super touring car too, wich is way slower in GT4.
The Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza

The Subaru Impreza Super Touring car

Aha, it´s a GT500 car, not GT300, as in GT4! The Wedssport Celica is also GT300, so they run in the same class in GT4.

Haha, no, not really. It kind of went overboard alittle. It started with a request of a setup for the Cusco Subaru, and then... well, you know the drill...
But a setup for that car would be interesting, though.

Team666
Haha, no, not really. It kind of went overboard alittle. It started with a request of a setup for the Cusco Subaru, and then... well, you know the drill...
But a setup for that car would be interesting, though.
Hmm... well, if I start up GT4 again, I might make it up.

EDIT: Or you can look here.

Thank you, but that wasn´t BESTuners at all ! :) That was just a plain robotic setup and held no entertainment value whatsoever, something BESTuners very much do!

Team666
Thank you, but that wasn´t BESTuners at all ! :) That was just a plain robotic setup and held no entertainment value whatsoever, something BESTuners very much do!
Hehe, well, you asked for some set-ups... and I went the easy way out! :lol: :P

Though I'd like to see a report on it.

From what I've seen when comparing the cusco impreza and wedsport celica against each other is that the impreza will outperform the celica on slower tracks,(due to a better chassis) but the celica will more than make up for that on other tracks due to it's more streamlined drag coefficiency and torque-ier engine 👍

zefff
what happened to BesTuners? Why so quiet?

I can only speak for myself, but time was the major issue for me.

In total each of my set-ups was taking about 1 - 2 hours for the tune, about the same for the photos with quick editing (maybe more) and around an hour for the write up.

So at a minimum of 5 hours per tune I found I simply did not have the time.

Its a shame as I realy enjoyed putting them together and was always pleased with the end results.

Regards

Scaff

jip, it's a shame that there aren't any new reports!! they always were nice and interesting.......would be nice if we could see some new in the next time??

viper

zefff
what happened to BesTuners? Why so quiet?
Well, for me, I got a new stand for my TV, and so when I sit in my cockpit to race, I'd be looking way up, and I'd have a headache after a few minutes (and if I play GT4 with a DS2, it just plain sucks). It probably doesn't help that I have my Xbox hooked up, and to hookup my PS2 is just a hassle.

But if I can get used to a DS2, and tune decently with it, I might make a report. Might.

Just my
twocents.gif

Hahaha yeah Scaff I hear you on that. My ZAsylum spreads took about 3 days each !!

Duck, I thought you were done man? As long as your workshop is still up Im happy! 👍

have you done one for the motul pitwork nissan 350z? if not cn you please as i think it may be the fastest car round a small track, it beat the F1 car and the minolta toyota 88c, thanks

Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00
by Blake

Deep Forest Raceway: 1'12.093

Specs
Engine Type: L4:DOHC
Displacement: 1998cc
Power: 464BHP / 6,000rpm
Weight: 1,100kg
Tyres: Racing (Super hard)​

The Denso Sard Supra GT is a racing beast. It was originally built to compete in the JGTC, but it has now been converted to an endurance racer. Having recently steered it to a dominant victory in the Grand Valley Speedway 300, I can attest to the fact that it hasn’t lost it’s touch in the 6 years since it was built.

After the victory, we got our stuff together and headed over to Deep Forest Raceway to test the car out on some real roads. :sly:

Blake’s 👍

As I pulled out of the pits to start my out lap I could immediately feel the grip that this car had. Pushed down by a giant wing on the rear, and by all manner of aerodynamic devices at the front, this car could use its racing slicks to full advantage.

At just 45mm above the ground, I didn’t expect it to cope with the rough surface at DFR. However, to my suprise, the car felt really planted all over the track – despite it bottoming out on the entry to the back straight.

As the kays begin to clock up, it is obvious that the GT is setup for endurance racing. It is a car that is very easy to drive near the limit for hours on end, and if you exceed the limit it is usually a very forgiving machine.

Blake’s 👎

I’m reluctant to mention the understeer that the car has, because it’s really not an issue on smoother circuits such as GVS – where it was quite happy to let the tail hang out around some of the slower corners. Again, as an endurance racer high speed stability is a priority, so in the fast sections you will find yourself running wide if you push the limit too far.

My other issue with the car is throttle control in first and second gear. With 500BHP on-tap it is just an issue that you have to keep in the back of your mind, as it is often quicker to shift early rather than modulate the throttle all the way up to the engine’s red-zone.

Overall

This is a very fun car to drive. Although it is a little tame, you can definatly have fun with it, but it does require a neat driving style. You can’t really throw the car around the racetrack – it just has too much grip for such a style to be effective.

Definatly a car to get if you want easy pickings at a large amount of the endurance races. It’s best to keep check on the front tyres, though – they tend to blister after 100km or so, then the understeer is really an issue worth mentioning. All in all, though, you will really enjoy driving the Supra GT. :D

Settings
Code:
Brake Balence Controller
------------------------Front-----------Rear
Brake Balence           4               3

Suspension
Spring Rate             12.8            10.8
Ride Height             45              45
Damper (Bound)          4               4
Damper (Rebound)        5               5
Camber Angle            2.0             1.0
Toe Angle               0               -1
Stabiliser              3               4

Aerodynamics
Downforce               50              70

LSD
Initial Torque          --              10
LSD Acceleration        --              45
LSD Deceleration        --              15

Transmission
--------------------------------------------
Auto Settings                           10

All these reports are great, they've really given me an idea of how to write them well in my comparisons thread 👍.

I know this is nothing to do with the DENSO SARD SUPRA but...

I just had a whack about on Deep Forrest with Scaff's Alpine A310 1600VE '73, from the report he acheived a time of 1'26.138, however after coming to terms with the massive oversteer i eased in a 1'23.984 on my 3rd lap attempt (the first 2 lost in massive spins), and I feel this car (even with these settings) could monster out a further 1 or 2 seconds with practice.

Just a question about it though, are these settings all done with or without 'Driver Aids'?

I'm only asking because I felt that the car was horrendous to drive and very unpredictable under quick change of direction, also the lap time set was incredibly slower than I expected it to be (after testing for myself WITHOUT AIDS). :confused:

Scaff, are you able to answer these questions? 👍

More than happy to answer, the Alpine tune was done without driver aids, any set-up of mine will always be with driver aids set to zero.

In regard to the set-up itself, the car is a very trick one to drive at the best of times, its one of the cars with the single worst reputation in GT4 for tricky handling, particularly in regard to sudden oversteer with rapid steering inputs. Its on a par with the Yellowbird in that regard.

The majority of people who have tried the set-up have found that it has reduced the cars normall 'tail-happy' attitude, but certainly its will not remove it totally. Its proved quite popular over in the 200pts race section in making the car more 'useable' but at the end of the day you will still have to adapt to the car. In a similar manner to the Rufs it needs a slow-in and fast out approach and smooth steering inputs are a must.

Regards

Scaff

More than happy to answer, the Alpine tune was done without driver aids, any set-up of mine will always be with driver aids set to zero.

In regard to the set-up itself, the car is a very trick one to drive at the best of times, its one of the cars with the single worst reputation in GT4 for tricky handling, particularly in regard to sudden oversteer with rapid steering inputs. Its on a par with the Yellowbird in that regard.

The majority of people who have tried the set-up have found that it has reduced the cars normall 'tail-happy' attitude, but certainly its will not remove it totally. Its proved quite popular over in the 200pts race section in making the car more 'useable' but at the end of the day you will still have to adapt to the car. In a similar manner to the Rufs it needs a slow-in and fast out approach and smooth steering inputs are a must.

Regards

Scaff

Thanks Scaff 👍

I had to use the Alpine over a year ago in the Event Race, and I remembered it was a dog to drive, I gave it the most understeering setup ever to help fix the problem.

But I guess that this is like a more advanced style of driving than you would use in a MR such as the FORD GT. I found left foot braking is paramount to anyone wanting to achieve a (more) comfortable drive from the car. I can't imagine how hard they would be to drive at any competitive level with a DS2. :nervous:

Formula Gran Turismo '04
by Blake

Deep Forest Raceway: 0'53.935

Specs
Power: 904BHP
Weight: 550kg
P/W: 0.608
Tyres: R3​

Yes ladies and gentlemen, today is the big one. I get my birthday and Christmas presents all at once. I get… the Formula Gran Turismo.

A chassis sculpted to perfection after thousands of hours in the wind tunnel, and months of research and development.

A 3 litre V10 engine that puts out over 300BHP per litre.

Together with racing slick tyres, we have a combination that weighs in at less than 600kg, and puts down a whopping 900BHP.

Blake’s 👍

As I squeeze my frame into the monocoque chassis, I begin to feel quite bulky – having trouble to fit into the snug survival cell, even with the steering wheel removed. Almost lying down, I try to get used to the awkward position while mechanics are fastening my racing harness.

I have never driven anything like this in my life. Sure, I’ve driven fast cars, but this was different. This was more than I’d ever imagined it could be.

Setting out on my first lap of the Deep Forest Raceway I was having trouble dealing with the power. It’s not that the wheels were breaking traction – even without TC they were almost completely stuck to the asphalt – but the acceleration was mind blowing!

The corners were linked by bursts of speed where I would reach well over 200kph, before hitting a jarring bump where my body would absorb more of the impact than the suspension.

Despite the bumpy surface, and my timid driving, I was soon punching in consistent 54 second laps. On many a cold winter morning, I have spent longer trying to get my car to start. This open-wheeler was amazing!

A slight understeer most of the time, with some moments of extreme oversteer and the tail ran out of grip and tried to overtake the front. Not particularly hard to catch, but you definitely have to think quickly.

You can ride most curbs pretty aggressively, as long as you can handle the pain as your back is compressed absorbing the impact.

Lap times are amazing. Out of this world. I have never driven anything that can pump out consistent 54s laps around Deep Forest. Amazing lap times at any circuit, really. I even got to drive a lap at the legendary Nürburgring circuit. Nothing in you can do in a car compares. Well, almost nothing…

Blake’s 👎

It isn’t all good, though.

It takes upwards of 6 people to get the car started. It takes a lot of preparation before you can do anything. I needed to get a seat fitted, I needed to learn how to use the steering wheel (oh please, don’t be snide, I already knew how to use a steering wheel, but this one is different – more buttons or something, I still don’t know what all the fuss is about), and it’s so expensive that it’s not even worth thinking about what would have happened if I’d crashed it.

Besides all that, and I alluded to this before, the ride is horrible! Bumps you wouldn’t feel in most cars would knock your teeth out, as the tyres and your own body take far more of the impact that the super advanced suspension system ever could.

The tyres go through excruciating pain as they handle out-of-this-world acceleration, braking, and cornering forces. A set of R3s enduring close to 40km of punishment before giving up on life and deciding to try something else.

Overall

This is an amazing machine. It is the ultimate in racing technology. Performance is beyond the reach of anything else. Nothing else can really be said.

This is what driving is about.

Attachments

• fgt_setup.pdf
    12.5 KB · Views: 51
I’m sorry Duck, but I couldn’t let you have the top spot forever.

Formula GT trumps Minolta. ;)

Uh, please do try the settings, any and all feedback is welcome.

Latest Posts

Back