Better off (sanity wise) not qualifying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sagaben
  • 51 comments
  • 2,652 views
Messages
22
Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland
Today on Alsace I've been having fun working on qualifying, even got one pole. Problem is without exception I get divebombed into oblivion until I'm 10th or thereabouts. If I resort to a super defensive line I get rear-ended instead. Starting to think I should not bother. My SR has taken an absolute spanking - high A to low B - just from people hitting me (at least that's what it feels like). It's doing my nut!
 
I have spent the last few weeks not bothering to qualify with mixed results. It's easy to make a few places but watch out for the swervers.
And to be honest, once you make a few places you still get dive bombed anyway.
So good for driver rating but still not fun for sport rating.
 
Save your replays and watch them immediately after each race. Then look closely at all the incidents where people ran into you and be honest with yourself about who was actually at fault, or if the incident could have been avoided.

Plenty of people manage to keep their SR at 99 every day somehow. So anyone else should be able to do it as well.
 
There needs to be stricter penalties for divebombing and running people off the track. Like, every bump should cost 1,000 Cr. or some mileage points or something.
 
Save your replays and watch them immediately after each race. Then look closely at all the incidents where people ran into you and be honest with yourself about who was actually at fault, or if the incident could have been avoided.

Plenty of people manage to keep their SR at 99 every day somehow. So anyone else should be able to do it as well.
My SR hovers around 99 since the first week, dipped as far down as 88 at one point due to a bad race, but back to 99 easily.
 
Save your replays and watch them immediately after each race. Then look closely at all the incidents where people ran into you and be honest with yourself about who was actually at fault, or if the incident could have been avoided.

Plenty of people manage to keep their SR at 99 every day somehow. So anyone else should be able to do it as well.

Precisely this.

I record every single time I get rammed or bumped off track and withhold judgement until I watch it back. And yeah, most of the time it wasn't my fault, but you would be surprised how often you think "It looked pretty bad from my perspective but that was really my bad."
 
I've noticed the races are a lot better when I put a lot of effort into qualifying. Whenever I half-ass it and start midfield or lower it's almost always a 🤬 show.

Plenty of people manage to keep their SR at 99 every day somehow. So anyone else should be able to do it as well.

This, keeping an S rating is easy.
 
Starting last can be fun and usually has the same result as starting mid pack, with less damage. Plus you get lots of practice overtaking and avoiding bad situations. Up front you don't learn anything. After a while you'll feel more confident starting mid pack, however stuff will keep happening.

Keeping SR maxed is easy if you do the occasional 10 lap race in between. A 10 lap race can net you 13 points, as opposed to a 4 lap race with max 4 points. You generally lose more points in a 3 lap race as well as people are less patient.

The hard thing about starting on pole is, that you suddenly have a different braking point and need to adjust your line for people drafting you at the start. There's no way to practice that except getting multiple pole positions.
 
Alsace II is a terrible track tbf, the first corner is complete carnage more often than not, half the corners have no kerbstones on the exits, and there's just nothing about the track at all which is better than the normal version. There are some good examples of fun reverse tracks (Dragon Trail and Tokyo Expressway) but Alsace II is just bad and hopefully doesn't feature much in Sport mode.
 
Save your replays and watch them immediately after each race. Then look closely at all the incidents where people ran into you and be honest with yourself about who was actually at fault, or if the incident could have been avoided.

Plenty of people manage to keep their SR at 99 every day somehow. So anyone else should be able to do it as well.

I've no problem at all being honest about my own mistakes and tend to give the benefit of doubt (and the place back) to the other guy, but I when I'm running good pace, my markers are clear, I turn in and BANG some unguided missile knocks me off the track, I don't have to check the replay.

I could certainly farm my SR up, and I suspect once you're at S it becomes easier to stay there, but I'd rather race.
 
I could certainly farm my SR up, and I suspect once you're at S it becomes easier to stay there, but I'd rather race.


Then you have no reason to be here bitching.
 
Look, believe it or not there are a lot of other people beside yourself that post threads here about how frustrated they are about the SR system. Well meaning people such as myself constantly tell them how to overcome it but most would rather just stay mired in D and C and keep complaining rather then just put in the work and discipline to get out of the riff raff.

It took me 7 whole days to get to SRS, and two more to get to 99 and not too much harder to keep it pegged there for the most part.

And no I didn't "farm" SR to get there. I just worked at driving clean and avoiding incidents, just the way thousands upon thousands of other SRS people that I race against daily did.

If you all spent 1/10th the time working on your driving instead of bitching you'd be in a better place by now.

esrJ1cT.jpg
 
Look, believe it or not there are a lot of other people beside yourself that post threads here about how frustrated they are about the SR system. Well meaning people such as myself constantly tell them how to overcome it but most would rather just stay mired in D and C and keep complaining rather then just put in the work and discipline to get out of the riff raff.

It took me 7 whole days to get to SRS, and two more to get to 99 and not too much harder to keep it pegged there for the most part.

And no I didn't "farm" SR to get there. I just worked at driving clean and avoiding incidents, just the way thousands upon thousands of other SRS people that I race against daily did.

If you all spent 1/10th the time working on your driving instead of bitching you'd be in a better place by now.

esrJ1cT.jpg
I've been SR s since about day 2, I personally think it's too easy to get SR s rating. They should make it harder to gain and easier to lose so a real all SR s race is truly people who try to drive fairly and who will accept that occasionally people make mistakes with no need to retaliate.

My Dr is only b but I don't get as much time as I would like so that's about where I will stay.
 
I've been SR s since about day 2, I personally think it's too easy to get SR s rating. They should make it harder to gain and easier to lose so a real all SR s race is truly people who try to drive fairly and who will accept that occasionally people make mistakes with no need to retaliate.

My Dr is only b but I don't get as much time as I would like so that's about where I will stay.

I am also DRB/SRS and I refuse to believe you are constantly getting dive bombed in corners. It simply does not happen at that level except very rarely. When it does happen I just figure someone blew their braking point or spaced out. I have done it and it is never intentional.

Unless you can cause physical harm to people when they wreck their cars, people will always be more aggressive in game than in real life. It's just a fact of gaming. Hell you even see it real life F1 (note Vettel turning into Hamilton when he had his little fit).

Just deal with it and get on with your life.
 
I am also DRB/SRS and I refuse to believe you are constantly getting dive bombed in corners. It simply does not happen in that level of racing except very rarely. When it does happen I just figure someone blew their braking point or spaced out. I have done it and it is never intentional.

Unless you can cause physical harm to people when they wreck their cars, people will always be more aggressive in game than in real life. It's just a fact of gaming. Hell you even see it real life F1 (note Vettel turning into Hamilton when he had his little fit).

Just deal with it and get on with your life.
in will don't worry, it's only a game after all but good to debate. It's been said a few times by others but let's turn on damage so if people want to crash they can only do it once. I would rather they do this as I think it would help make racing even better
 
Yes there are some things they can do like damage, but of course your car will get damaged too even when it is not your fault. If getting run off the track pisses you off, imagine how mad you'll be if someone hits you and ruins your car for the entire race!

I am sure more improvements are coming but I think they need to be implemented slowly since there are always unintended consequences from big changes.

Personally I would rather see longer races, long enough to bring in a one stop vs two stop strategy into play along with multiple tire choices. That would add a lot more thinking to the races and give you time to make up a first lap crash too.
 
Yes there are some things they can do like damage, but of course your car will get damaged too even when it is not your fault. If getting run off the track pisses you off, imagine how mad you'll be if someone hits you and ruins your car for the entire race!

I am sure more improvements are coming but I think they need to be implemented slowly since there are always unintended consequences from big changes.

Personally I would rather see longer races, long enough to bring in a one stop vs two stop strategy into play along with multiple tire choices. That would add a lot more thinking to the races and give you time to make up a first lap crash too.
This I agree with, would be good fun to have longer races and for sure they will improve the rating system over time.

I mean it's my favourite game now, despite moaning sometimes and I expect it will be even better in six months time.
 
Go ahead and qualify, then just use your CTR shield to get past turn one.

278655-ctr-crash-team-racing-playstation-screenshot-a-shield-is-a.png


If you're asking how to play the game just play it in the way that makes it the most fun for you, if you're question is a mask to pitch a bitch at all the inferior drivers on the grid I'd suggest private lobbies.
 
I am also DRB/SRS and I refuse to believe you are constantly getting dive bombed in corners. It simply does not happen at that level except very rarely. When it does happen I just figure someone blew their braking point or spaced out. I have done it and it is never intentional.

Unless you can cause physical harm to people when they wreck their cars, people will always be more aggressive in game than in real life. It's just a fact of gaming. Hell you even see it real life F1 (note Vettel turning into Hamilton when he had his little fit).

Just deal with it and get on with your life.

Keep up gmaki. I'm the one getting dive-bombed. Nobody has mentioned being mired in C or D, or complained about how SR works. Nobody said you were farming SR. I think you could do with a nice cup of tea and a lie down.
 
I did a few Alsece Gr4 races tonight, first one was a semi-disaster (still finished 5th), it tanked my SR S down to A because of a Mustang repeatedly braking too early causing me to ram him multiple times, then getting rammed from side and back by other cars. First time I ever fell out of SR S.

On another note, racin with drivers in SR A are quite different than SR S, they're more reckless and yet they can be easier to overtake than SR S drivers.
 
I try and be polite at all times but being too 'nice' will lose you the line in and out of corners or as I found tonight people will use you for a brake. It is most annoying it destroys your rythmn if it doesn't put you off track in the sand or facing the wrong way. I've gone from possible podiums to 10's or dead last and had to chase it all back. When I've overtaken someone cleanly slipstream braking in corners they get vindictive...Other than this I enjoy the racing. I've caused accidents by not paying attention for a split second but generally I'll sacrifice position or run wide than smash into someone to prove a point...Its not the bad old days Of Villeneuve and Mansell where there was fighting :cheers: Some people can't play nicely its just life
 
Honestly just do your best to qualify high. If you can start the race in the top 5 then you are usually guaranteed a decent race. I tried not qualifying for a race and it was just a nightmare, and its not like everyone was trying to run me off the road, its just that a lot of the players in front of me could not drive/handle their cars and were swerving all over the road. So i would suggest just practice, practice, practice and qualify high to raise your chances of having good races.
 
where do you check your SR rating. mine is S, and even though I usually start in the back, on purpose as im trying for the 15 clean race award. and pass a few people my DR is still a D. and yes i get rammed all the time. annoying.
 
I know its tempting to just say **** it, I'll start last but in my experience that's just worse. Mostly you'll have to spend a lot of time overtaking people you are faster than who may not be as skilled and who will bump into you unintentionally. It may cost you places and may hit your DR and SR. Lower down on the grid the racing is unintentionally bad because either they haven't practised enough or are not very good.

If you really want good races start within the top 5, finish anywhere higher or -2, keep your DR and SR. Even starting top 10 in a 20 grid race is good because at some point someone in the top ten will make a mistake and you can gain a couple of places. Know your car and the track. Really try to qualify as high as you can.

Qualifying last is a recipe for disaster. Don't risk your DR and SR. Like someone said watch your replays and see what actually happened. 80% of the time it's a genuine mistake. Sometimes you'll find a real douche but it's not worth it. Just keep racing as usual.
 
I know its tempting to just say **** it, I'll start last but in my experience that's just worse. Mostly you'll have to spend a lot of time overtaking people you are faster than who may not be as skilled and who will bump into you unintentionally. It may cost you places and may hit your DR and SR. Lower down on the grid the racing is unintentionally bad because either they haven't practised enough or are not very good.

If you really want good races start within the top 5, finish anywhere higher or -2, keep your DR and SR. Even starting top 10 in a 20 grid race is good because at some point someone in the top ten will make a mistake and you can gain a couple of places. Know your car and the track. Really try to qualify as high as you can.

Qualifying last is a recipe for disaster. Don't risk your DR and SR. Like someone said watch your replays and see what actually happened. 80% of the time it's a genuine mistake. Sometimes you'll find a real douche but it's not worth it. Just keep racing as usual.
I can second this, some tracks I'm not very fast at so I end up joining races in the lower part of the grid sometimes and it's harder to deal with than the top 5-6 even though they'll be faster.
 
Today on Alsace I've been having fun working on qualifying, even got one pole. Problem is without exception I get divebombed into oblivion until I'm 10th or thereabouts. If I resort to a super defensive line I get rear-ended instead. Starting to think I should not bother. My SR has taken an absolute spanking - high A to low B - just from people hitting me (at least that's what it feels like). It's doing my nut!
On turn 1 place your car with 4 wheels on the curb, or 2 wheels on the grass and 2 on the curb.

Almost no one will rear end a car that far on the inside of the track.
 
Back