Your DR/SR progress tracker (provided by Kudosprime).

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 218 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
Update:

You can now search for your profile directly on @Milouse's site:

Original post:
----------------------

Hey everyone :)

While browsing the forum today I came across this post:

Paste the number of your www.gran-turismo.com profile over my number in this link. Click the link to see my profile for example.

http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1816117

So, thanks to the clever work of @Milouse in analysing the Gran Turismo Sport Community Portal we're now able to view our own DR and SR histories and see how well we've been doing so far :cheers:

How to get your DR/SR history:

Once you've done the above you should see some graphs showing how your DR and SR have increased/decreased over your time with Gran Turismo Sport. :D

Last edited:
Here's mine:

upload_2017-12-29_13-28-45.png

upload_2017-12-29_13-29-6.png

• When I first started Gran Turismo Sport I played "naturally", getting my DR/SR up as high as I could and enjoying the races along the way (my peak being B/S).
  • Then in late November I decided to go for the Certified Genius and Record Number of Wins Trophies.
  • Although I am reasonably quick (and very clean) I wasn't making much progress in the regular races so I decided to "tank" my ratings and find easier opponents*.
  • What followed was a sharp decline until I found a spot where I would get Pole/Win in the majority of my races.
  • I stayed there for 2-3 weeks and unlocked both Trophies just before Christmas.
  • Since then I have been playing "naturally" again, and am quickly getting back up to my previous peak.

I'll have to check this again in a month or so to see how much closer I get to my target of S/S. :)

*The safest way to do this is to quit every race where you don't start on Pole or in a winnable position. You get a DR/SR penalty for quitting and by doing it this way you also don't have to disturb any other players while you get your rating down.

Nice, thanks for this.

mine: http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=2102721

Got to SR S and DR B pretty much right away with the DS4. Started using a wheel in mid-November so that slowed my DR progress quite a bit since I needed time to learn it. I'll get to DR S one of these days.

I don't normally focus on stats or my ratings, I just race. I may pay more attention to the ratings now though.

Last edited:
Playing abnormally, mine looks like this after 522 races
d1Cc.jpg

e1Cc.jpg

The SR dips are from FIA races, I don't do those anymore. Too much dirty driving going on.

I tanked my DR a couple times to find clean races. It really doesn't matter where I'm at as most of the time I get matched with D to S regardless of my own DR. Yet I found that a room of mostly B is the cleanest. A tends to be overly aggressive while D has trouble staying on the road. C is quite rare for some reason. And S just goes out in the distance.

I also usually don't qualify which make my DR swing a lot. When I qualify I usually end up in the middle of the pack. I don't like time trial though, so my qualifying is usually only 1 or 2 laps after running a couple warm up races first.

Wow, I'm pretty close to an SR A rating. My DR rating is possibly gonna stay a low B for a while.

I got totally screwed in the gr3 Dragon trail race today. I went from a very high SR B to a mid B today. Thanks dirty racers, thanks a whole lot...

Is it as simple as one point per clean lap?

It seems that way. We need some other lap variations to check. It would be rather easy to boost SR if the ovals also give you 1 point per lap. I guess I could quit out of a few races to tank my SR, then check what a clean race does on an oval. I lost 5 points when the game crashed at the start of a race, easy way to lower SR without hurting anyone. (DR drops too but I'm not to bothered by that, see my stats lol)

Back