Better Poll for Driving View (Which view can make you do better lap times?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Radracing
  • 79 comments
  • 4,778 views

What view do you use when you race in GT

  • Bumper Cam with HUD

    Votes: 69 37.7%
  • Cockpit view

    Votes: 93 50.8%
  • Hood Cam if avialable in GT5

    Votes: 36 19.7%
  • Roof Cam

    Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Outside or exterior (behind the car view)

    Votes: 19 10.4%

  • Total voters
    183
The best game possible doesn't have two drastically different quality levels of cars.

I love the way people constalty throw around how great the game is as if just saying it makes it so.

"We should be appreciative that BP was as careful as they could be with their drilling and has done as much as is possible to clean up the spill."

What? But they weren't and they haven't... should we be happy because we say they did?

Why isn't everyone happy that T10 brought the best game possible out with FM3?
 
I don't care wich make's me go faster, i want the fun one! And that is the interiorview.
 
I don't care wich make's me go faster, i want the fun one! And that is the interiorview.

Then go have fun with the premium cars. :indiff: or you can stay with GT5p they all have cockpit views. Maybe they can offer DLC for prolouge for the ones that don't want to mix two quality cars.
 
Last edited:
Strangely I drive best with Cockpit view! (/w gamepad)
When I see the wheel its easer to drive and it's MUCH MORE FUN to drive in cockpit view - so it affects driving in positive way!
 
Methinks cockpit view has the edge in the poll because it's people's favourite view, not their fastest. This isn't a favourite poll people.
 
bumber cam with HUD is the best for me in all racing games while using driving force GT

but when i use daul shock 3 i prefer behind the car view :sly:
 
Methinks cockpit view has the edge in the poll because it's people's favourite view, not their fastest. This isn't a favourite poll people.

Who cares?It's the best view! 👍
 
Methinks cockpit view has the edge in the poll because it's people's favourite view, not their fastest. This isn't a favourite poll people.


I choose it because it's the most immersive.

Honestly I think fastest might well go to chase cam, the elevated viewpoint and wider field of view that comes with it are pretty helpful.
 
Bumper cam is the best and fastest for me. I enjoy messing around in cockpit view sometimes but when I want to race it's bumper cam all the way. I find the gauges in the cockpit view are often difficult to see and I get annoyed by all the stuff blocking my view. But then with bumper cam I can't see anything on my sides but hopefully head tracking will rectify that.
 
I choose it because it's the most immersive.

Honestly I think fastest might well go to chase cam, the elevated viewpoint and wider field of view that comes with it are pretty helpful.

Not really, you can't really get good apex accuracy with the chase cam ,but with the roof camera, you can position the wheels to take that apex perfectly.
 
Bumper cam all the way for me (silly name as it's at windscreen height). You get the best view of the road and can pick the apexes better than 'in car' cams.

Chase cam is awful for me, I can't judge corners well and the cars always feel sluggish.
 
I use bumper cam, I only have a 23in 720p TV, and like dude said above, it isn't bumper height (but is centered).

It would be nice to see a poll on if people are gonna buy GT5, or not, and if they are complaining, or not.

Also, I tend to not believe the votes, or maybe they don't play GT5P, because almost every recorded race on youtube is taped from bumper cam.
 
Once you have a grasp of the courses, it shouldn't make much difference. Cockpit view obscures more of your surroundings, but if you know where the turns are and HOW the turns are, you should be able to navigate them without having to see a whole heck of a lot.
 
I don't really use the cockpit view, although it is nice to have. I use the hood view mostly as I have a better time at finding the racing line. Also, You'll probably focus more on whats in front on the road than the pretty buttons while driving an LMP down the Mulsanne straight at 210 MPH.
 
Once you have a grasp of the courses, it shouldn't make much difference. Cockpit view obscures more of your surroundings, but if you know where the turns are and HOW the turns are, you should be able to navigate them without having to see a whole heck of a lot.

You are right, it doesn't matter much.

But, the difference between 1st and 10th isn't much either.
 
You are right, it doesn't matter much.

But, the difference between 1st and 10th isn't much either.

Touche'.
 
Must say I feel more engrossed with the game(s) (GT5P/Forza 3, PGR4) when I'm driving in the cockpit mode. It lets me enjoy the aesthetic of the interior and not just the exterior of the car. Also the fact that every car has different seating positions that make driving that little bit more challenging (like driving one of the JGTC skylines), and having a rear view mirror and side mirror helps me from being overtaken.

Used to driving with the bonnet view from GT4, I just know that we'll see it's return in GT5.
 
I expect I will play with the cockpit view for about half an hour, get sick of it and go back to bonnet / or bumper view, as has been the case in every other driving game I've played that has offered a cockpit view.

It's a great idea and seems really cool at first, but after marvelling at all the details and animation I find I it takes up too much of the screen and is more of a distraction when I just want an unobstructed view of the road ahead.
 
You are right, it doesn't matter much.

But, the difference between 1st and 10th isn't much either.

If someone who is using bumper cam or roof or chase cam is gaining .25 every turn over someone using cockpit view thats 3 tenths of a second every lap for your average 12 turn road course

So 3 tenths a lap which could be the difference between pole and 5th

3 tenths a lap after 10 laps is 3 seconds

3 tenths a lap after 20 laps is 6 seconds

At the end of the race a bumper cammer could proably pit and come out ahead of you...

...all if hes only gaining a puny .25 per turn by using a view that doesnt block his view of apexes, exits etc....
 
I prefer cockpit cam as this makes it feel like I'm actually driving the car. And since I got used to it, I've had trouble trying to adjust back to different cams. So that is what I plan to use unless I cannot - Standard.

And I know there are alot of people on here who say that the cockpit view isn't that important, but as of now, more than 50% of the people voted for cockpit, so I'd say that overall, its pretty important!
 
Back