Better Poll for Driving View (Which view can make you do better lap times?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Radracing
  • 79 comments
  • 4,778 views

What view do you use when you race in GT

  • Bumper Cam with HUD

    Votes: 69 37.7%
  • Cockpit view

    Votes: 93 50.8%
  • Hood Cam if avialable in GT5

    Votes: 36 19.7%
  • Roof Cam

    Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Outside or exterior (behind the car view)

    Votes: 19 10.4%

  • Total voters
    183
As I advanced through the game and got my first taste of GT online, I suddenly became aware of a code of ethics asking that I avoid contact at all costs.

Aw, what? That's no fun :p

Punters suck enormously, but I'd like to be able to have a little bit of contact every now and then. As said in Days of Thunder... rubbin's racin'! :dopey:
 
Your stating pretty much the obvious here.

The point about my opinion is pretty simple. PD set since ever high standards of visual quality. Those 200 premium cars do make justice to this tradition and are up to the point our best expectations would be. Congratulations to them.

Now, including in such a quality game built 800 lower quality cars doesn't make any sense and it is opposite to PD tradition of visual quality. It is even more shocking when you think the incoherence it would bring up to the game (1st class cars / 2nd class cars). My opinion on it is that they were pushed by Sony (or by the sheer costs of development itself) to deliver the game no matter what this year and, for marketing purposes solely, the goal was to deliver the highest number of cars ever seen in a game. Unfortunately at all costs, and that's what we're getting.

My opinion also, they would do a better service to fans and kept with the quality tradition of the series if they deliver the game only with premium cars, even if this means to have the game "solely" with 200 cars (quality above quantity). Then, if possible, adding in the future more cars by DLC if possible. If not, fine by me. But this way we would get a coherent content of the game, smooth and with solely one very high standard of quality.



Why would I feel they are ungrateful? Again, this is a strictly commercial relationship between a deliverer and buyer. No grateful/ungratefulness fits in here From either way. They take a path they choose. It's their right. I, as a buyer, also have the right to criticize what I thing could/should be better on the game.



No, being grateful has everything to do with fan-boyism. They do their job which is to produce games. I choose to buy those games, and since I gave them my money I can criticize weither positively the highlights of the game, either negatively what they do wrongly in my opinion. Neither they have to be grateful to me for buiyng, neither I have to grateful to them for producing it.



Really, is this the example you choose to prove your point?...

Yes, because as for Kaz he refuses to prostitute (sell out) just to get the game out. Reason being as to why he refuses to release all cockpit view in all cars if its not up to his standards. But at the same time wanting to give us as many cars as possible in the best quality as possible in the allowable time possible. So don't make the guy bend over backwards just too meet your standards. Let him make the game the way he feels he needs to at the moment and at the right time in the future maybe he can get it perfectly right to the way you want it so you can stop your whining.
 
I use cockpit view unless it starts getting exceedingly hard, then I switch to behind-the-car view. Bumper cam is by far my least favorite.
 
I use cockpit view unless it starts getting exceedingly hard, then I switch to behind-the-car view.

Good technic, I would call that "Get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat" :sly:
 
Yes, because as for Kaz he refuses to prostitute (sell out) just to get the game out. Reason being as to why he refuses to release all cockpit view in all cars if its not up to his standards. But at the same time wanting to give us as many cars as possible in the best quality as possible in the allowable time possible. So don't make the guy bend over backwards just too meet your standards. Let him make the game the way he feels he needs to at the moment and at the right time in the future maybe he can get it perfectly right to the way you want it so you can stop your whining.

What?! Wait a minute... weren't you talking about my mother giving money to buy the regular version instead of the CE edition?...

Nevertheless

So, because of that, and to match the +950 cars we are hearing from years ago, they throw in upgraded old cars from past GT games, different in quality from the rest of the cars in the game, giving it the clear notion of a rushed in final development. And you say PD refuse to sell out just to get the game out...

To end this matter I'd like just to point out this. One of the things GT fanboys always held up against FM3 was the downscaled graphics of the cars in-game compared to the photo mode screens. This is true.

No, GT5 will have downscaled cars in-game, in view options and photo mode, either in-game or in photo mode. 80% of them, actually. What do you think if?

Sure you can call me a whinner. As much as I can call you a sheep, in the sense that you (and thousands of others I'm sure) simply follow the "shephard" without a saying or personal opinion. And I even think that you truly believe this is the greatest improvement ever in the series. Fair enough.

However, and I'm sorry to say that to me, although I'm confident this will be maginificent to play, physics-wise, and some of the new features as day/night transitions, damage, etc are a big plus, GT5 is showing to be of a disappointment in the department everyone would less expected because it was precisely the true flagship of the game - the visuals.

Have different quality cars in-game is a retrocess and does not make at all tribute to the series legacy in that specific department, which wouldn't happen if the choice taken, instead of following unachievable marketing promises, would be to stick up to visual quality, by release the game solely with premium cars - 200, or whatever the final number would be.
 
I for one am GRATEFUL FOR GT5, AND WILL PURchase it the first day it comes out!
Been waiting for so long!

Like i said before, i would be happy already if PD just gave us a pretty GT4 on the PS3 as GT5.
So whatever they are gonna give up is just extra and bonus to me...
I will enjoy this game to the fullest with all the features they have shown the past few days. It might not feature everything that we have been hoping/expecting/dreaming of... but it's all ok!

I voted for Exterior View from the back. That is the view i prefer and i always race in when using the pad, which i still do on a regular basis (70% of the times).

But when i get to use my cockpit, it will be only for cockpit view...
So i voted for those two views.

Any other view, i NEVER USE. I dont like the bumper view, i dont like so much the bonnet(hood) view, nor the roof cam. I still want them to features as much view as possible. The more views the better. Choices are always good in this case, But i will only use either Heli-cam or Cockpit Interior View.
 
For me I am usually more comfortable driving outside the car.
:yuck:

But the physics represent what you would feel sitting in the driver's seat! :crazy:
 
What?! Wait a minute... weren't you talking about my mother giving money to buy the regular version instead of the CE edition?...

Nevertheless

So, because of that, and to match the +950 cars we are hearing from years ago, they throw in upgraded old cars from past GT games, different in quality from the rest of the cars in the game, giving it the clear notion of a rushed in final development. And you say PD refuse to sell out just to get the game out...

To end this matter I'd like just to point out this. One of the things GT fanboys always held up against FM3 was the downscaled graphics of the cars in-game compared to the photo mode screens. This is true.

No, GT5 will have downscaled cars in-game, in view options and photo mode, either in-game or in photo mode. 80% of them, actually. What do you think if?

Sure you can call me a whinner. As much as I can call you a sheep, in the sense that you (and thousands of others I'm sure) simply follow the "shephard" without a saying or personal opinion. And I even think that you truly believe this is the greatest improvement ever in the series. Fair enough.

However, and I'm sorry to say that to me, although I'm confident this will be maginificent to play, physics-wise, and some of the new features as day/night transitions, damage, etc are a big plus, GT5 is showing to be of a disappointment in the department everyone would less expected because it was precisely the true flagship of the game - the visuals.

Have different quality cars in-game is a retrocess and does not make at all tribute to the series legacy in that specific department, which wouldn't happen if the choice taken, instead of following unachievable marketing promises, would be to stick up to visual quality, by release the game solely with premium cars - 200, or whatever the final number would be.

If you compare the standard cars without cockpit views compared to other games out there it's still visually better than what's out there. And no I have my criticism of the GT series I just point them out and not whine about them. With regards to your mother same as Kaz she wouldn't prostitute herself just to appease your whinning for not having enough to buy the more expensive edition. Where it goes back to being grateful she is giving you the money to buy it and not complain about not enough money to get the more expensive edition. It's really hard to explain something to a kid that is used to having everything they want in life and not getting it. Then throws a tantrum 'cuz he can't get what he wants.
 
But when i get to use my cockpit, it will be only for cockpit view...
So i voted for those two views.

So you plan not to drive any of the 800 standard cars in your cockpit, since there isn't a cockpit view.
 

Hehe! their probably the crap cars anyways. I'm sure if it was a good car the only reason they weren't able to do it on time would be because they didn't have the resource or acess to the actual data or car to make them acurate. You figure they would have to fly out a whole team of guys just to take photos and measurments to make it possible for it to be in the game. So if it's a significant enough car I think they will include it either as DLC or on the next version of the game.
 
It's really hard to explain something to a kid that is used to having everything they want in life and not getting it. Then throws a tantrum 'cuz he can't get what he wants.

:rolleyes:

Man don't assume that attitude like you know me, or anything about me. Really. And since you didn't get my initial hint... seriously, bringing my mother to this (or any as a matter of fact) discussion, is really (really) near the border of what is acceptable.

And to end up this I'll just tell you that the game (likely the CE) would be bought out of my deservedly earned wage, and that not even my son is used to get everything he wants.
 
Glad I made ya chuckle; wow the posts on this are fast and furious!:):lol:
 
:rolleyes:

Man don't assume that attitude like you know me, or anything about me. Really. And since you didn't get my initial hint... seriously, bringing my mother to this (or any as a matter of fact) discussion, is really (really) near the border of what is acceptable.

And to end up this I'll just tell you that the game (likely the CE) would be bought out of my deservedly earned wage, and that not even my son is used to get everything he wants.

Sorry didn't mean to strike a nerve but it was meant to be hypothetical not meant to actually insinuate it as you and your mother. Because clearly I don't know you. I was reffering to a general attitude of how people tend to criticise in a whinny way. So sorry again if any offense was misconstrued.
 
Sorry didn't mean to strike a nerve but it was meant to be hypothetical not meant to actually insinuate it as you and your mother. Because clearly I don't know you. I was reffering to a general attitude of how people tend to criticise in a whinny way. So sorry again if any offense was misconstrued.

If it was a generic reference then all things ok. 👍 I didn't interpreted that way.

Something that can easily be understandable talking face-to-face sometimes is hard to interpret correctly in a forum.
 
cockpit for premium and forced to use something else on ****** standard. shame.
 
cockpit for premium and forced to use something else on ****** standard. shame.

Its a small shame not a biggie. I'm sure we will survive this small setback and still enjoy GT5. It's going to be what kids call today as, whats that word again? "EPICCCCC" dude! :sly:
 
Don't get me wrong. Cockpit view is all fun and cool to drive in when playing GT but if I really need to set some hot lap times I can't do it in anything but Bumper cam.

GT is one of those better games in terms of visibility in cockpit view but given nearly every other car game I've played has a shocking cockpit view that makes driving harder I've learned to drive with bumper cam and sometimes bonnet cam when games like SSV8 literally put the bumper cam 2cm from the ground.
 
Don't get me wrong. Cockpit view is all fun and cool to drive in when playing GT but if I really need to set some hot lap times I can't do it in anything but Bumper cam.

GT is one of those better games in terms of visibility in cockpit view but given nearly every other car game I've played has a shocking cockpit view that makes driving harder I've learned to drive with bumper cam and sometimes bonnet cam when games like SSV8 literally put the bumper cam 2cm from the ground.

I feel exactly the same way. I used to drive interior or hood view but comparing it with bumper cam, I seem to do better lap times using bumper cam. I'm still hoping that the head tracking will work well for me and improve my lap times. Then I'll make the switch when that happens. So it's really which view makes you do better lap times should have been the question in the poll.
 
So you plan not to drive any of the 800 standard cars in your cockpit, since there isn't a cockpit view.

Like i said in another thread, i still use the pad 70% of the time i play GT.
And when i do, i ALWAYS use the exterior back view.
Therefore i will get to play all the cars features in GT5, and am actually looking forward to play with the Standard cars as found in GT4, that i have not played for years now. I miss them.

But when i do use my cockpit setup:

If a standard car is chosen, i will use the hood cam by default.
(well not in this photo, because that's not me)


cockpit for premium and forced to use something else on ****** standard. shame.
We are all in the same boat,
but like he said below :

Don't get me wrong. Cockpit view is all fun and cool to drive in when playing GT but if I really need to set some hot lap times I can't do it in anything but Bumper cam.

GT is one of those better games in terms of visibility in cockpit view but given nearly every other car game I've played has a shocking cockpit view that makes driving harder, I've learned to drive with bumper cam and sometimes bonnet cam when games like SSV8 literally put the bumper cam 2cm from the ground.

"Cockpit view is all fun and cool to drive in when playing GT;
BUT if I really need to set some hot lap times, I can't do it in anything but Bumper cam. exterior rear view." 👍

Therefore, i will not rely too much on cockpit view for the above two reasons i lay out in this post.
 
i manage 6:53.000 with the GT-R on the nurburgring,thanks to bumper car view
 
When I use a controller I stick to the bumper cam. For some reason it helps me drive clean. With a wheel I like cockpit. Not all the time, though. For instance, first turn at Suzuka always seems to throw me off when I'm in cockpit view. I like seeing the whole track and being able to visualize the driving line from a lowest viewpoint possible.

And since I'm a stupid 'Merican, it can be difficult for me to drive the right hand drive cars.
 
If it comes to lap times, then I'm definitely faster in the chase cam view. Don't know why, that's just how it is. :lol:
 
For people here there's only two options in life; a) either love blindlessly the game and praise everything about it and be forever gratefull for PD to deliver such a marvellous thing or, b) not to buy, period!

I will buy the game. However does that not imply that I have to blind.

PD take a choice. In my view completely wrong. The game, if this latest news on standard/premium models is correct, would seemed half-finished and badly polished. My option to buy it or not, is mine, no matter what. Now I have to be as grateful to them to produce it (with its highlights and flaws), as they have to be grateful to me (and all other people around the world) for buying it.

Gratefulness/ungratefulness got nothing to do with this. Its a matter of mutual interest. Their's in my money, mine in their game. Simple as that.

Totally agree with every post you wrote on this thread bullie77, it's exactly how I feel regarding this matter ( I could have easily quoted the other ones as well ) since this whole "we should be grateful for what's offered at all" attitude is to me probably even more annoying than those who complain about people expressing their sincere disappointment and calling them spoiled whiners.

Kaz is the head of PD which sells us a product which even if those interiors aren't included is probably still the best out there.
At least on PS3 which I own and love and not planning on trading in ( and no option to purchase an additional console ) and the main reason ( aside from other game titles ) to go for a Playstation has always been GT.
I love driving games and so far nothing on a console has come close to GT IMO and therefore I will buy it when it comes out ( no choice really, do we? ).

Although I now have to really alter my expectations as it seems the GT5 we're getting is not the GT5 I've anticipated ( and many more it seems ).
PD don't at this point ( maybe we're all hopefully wrong ) have delivered what should be reasonable to expect since Prologue ( interiors on all cars ).
And this comes from a loyal GT fan who always defended its shortcomings as the core of the game delivered everything it should in the past.

This might be the first one which isn't coherent in concept and the division between cars and the lack of similar expected options on the majority of cars if it appears to be what is reported can't be simply defended by me anymore as it touches the core of gameplay and enjoyment I will get from it.
GT5 ( at least the cars ) looks to be 20% killer and 80% filler, if it was a music album the fans would be disappointed.
But it's a game which decided my choice of console and took a long time to develop, I'm not only disappointed but deeply annoyed as this aspect ( interiors ) was more or less a given relying my judgement on the Prologue version of the full game.
 
Totally agree with every post you wrote on this thread bullie77, it's exactly how I feel regarding this matter ( I could have easily quoted the other ones as well ) since this whole "we should be grateful for what's offered at all" attitude is to me probably even more annoying than those who complain about people expressing their sincere disappointment and calling them spoiled whiners.

Kaz is the head of PD which sells us a product which even if those interiors aren't included is probably still the best out there.
At least on PS3 which I own and love and not planning on trading in ( and no option to purchase an additional console ) and the main reason ( aside from other game titles ) to go for a Playstation has always been GT.
I love driving games and so far nothing on a console has come close to GT IMO and therefore I will buy it when it comes out ( no choice really, do we? ).

Although I now have to really alter my expectations as it seems the GT5 we're getting is not the GT5 I've anticipated ( and many more it seems ).
PD don't at this point ( maybe we're all hopefully wrong ) have delivered what should be reasonable to expect since Prologue ( interiors on all cars ).
And this comes from a loyal GT fan who always defended its shortcomings as the core of the game delivered everything it should in the past.

This might be the first one which isn't coherent in concept and the division between cars and the lack of similar expected options on the majority of cars if it appears to be what is reported can't be simply defended by me anymore as it touches the core of gameplay and enjoyment I will get from it.
GT5 ( at least the cars ) looks to be 20% killer and 80% filler, if it was a music album the fans would be disappointed.But it's a game which decided my choice of console and took a long time to develop, I'm not only disappointed but deeply annoyed as this aspect ( interiors ) was more or less a given relying my judgement on the Prologue version of the full game.

Now thats a funny analogy. If it was a music album fans would be disappointed. haha! :crazy: How can they be disappointed when the album isn't even out yet? Same with the game "IT"S NOT OUT YET PEOPLE!" :sly: if you haven't heard the music yet how can you not like it. If you haven't driven it how can you make that assumption, when in the past GT series they didn't even have cockpit view and we still loved it. So much whinning and hating.

Did the thread poll question change?

Nope, just an added thing to consider to how important cockpit view is to the driving experience.
 
Last edited:
Roof cam is the best of all views in one.

By the way, I'm grateful for GT5. I want the game badly, all 1000 some odd cars. If you don't, oh well.
 
Roof cam is the best of all views in one.

By the way, I'm grateful for GT5. I want the game badly, all 1000 some odd cars. If you don't, oh well.

Love the roof cam specially the distorted view from the replay mode feels like the real live in car cam view of a real racecar like in F1.
 
All this complaining about cockpit view is really a bunch of :grumpy: ungrateful people. They don't realize the amount of work they have been devoting to give us the best game possible.

The best game possible doesn't have two drastically different quality levels of cars.
 
The best game possible doesn't have two drastically different quality levels of cars.

And you know this because of what fact? Oh! maybe you have the GT5 game in your PS3 already and can actually see the difference. :sly: Not having the interior cockpit view dosen't mean you are going to see two different quality exterior cars running in replay or race mode. That is totally stupid and I highly doubt Kazunori would simply allow that to happen. So I take it you are making assumptions or youre trolling.
 
Last edited:
Back