BIG NEWS: Gran Turismo Professional announced for the PC!!!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 100 comments
Originally posted by Civic_HB_Guy
No, it was the factory cam.

The car ran too low on oil, but I didnt know, because every time I the oil light would come on, I would check it, and it would appear to have a normal amount of oil. (Because something was causing high crankcase pressure) so i'd put maybe 1/2 a quart in and continue. The one day it suddenly fried on me while I was driving on the interstate :(

The bearings/journeys were damaged, so putting in a new cam would be futile, as it would wear out in 3000 miles. (If we were lucky.)

That was my beautiful Honda Civic.. I miss it so much.. lol.

:( :rip:

I hate when that happens...so what do you have now?

To be the contrarian of the group, I dont believe it for a second. Sony would NEVER give up the Killer app, especially to a MS platform. I think this falls into the bull$hit category

Originally posted by Simon Tibbett
So, some racing games on PC's can be programmed by a program to add stuff you like. Will you be able to do this on this one?
Nobody knows yet, we're not even sure if it's even going to be released now. :(

Wow.. thats some good news for me!

I dont have a PS2, so this is such good news! I cant wait to see screenshots!

Nice job on registering those domains already Jordan! :)

Originally posted by Jordan
Yeah, I was pretty suprised myself! Polyphony Digital grabbed GranTurismoConcept.com before it was even announced, so I was afraid they were ready for GTP too. But, fortunately, it looks like it slipped out a little too early! :D
Thats too cool and all..a individual owning the dot com domain name rights to a game,but cant they sue you over that to get the website. I heard of other companies doing that because a fan in the anticipation of release made a website for it.

Originally posted by MitsubishiLancer
Thats too cool and all..a individual owning the dot com domain name rights to a game,but cant they sue you over that to get the website. I heard of other companies doing that because a fan in the anticipation of release made a website for it.
Well, they haven't said anything to Kenji (the owner of granturismo.com for years now), so I'm not worried.

Okay, so my info isn't the greatest ever, but this it what i heard and all the puzzle peices fit my answer...

First up, GT is coming to PC, but in one of the two following forms -
1) A re-release of GT3 with a few extra features (undisclosed but looks like gtConcept built in) so that they keep the PSX market happy by keeping them ahead of the PC, and people with PS2s may buy the PC version - everyone wins

2) Sony releases the online only version of GT (similar to the hot rod racing game that ea should be releasing soon) with the whole online community thing happening, something the PS2 will never really be able to do well. This one appears the most likely, with sony investing heavily in online only games like everquest and star wars galaxies, and with their apparent bandwidth grab-fest wich they are enjoying.

Far fetched i know, but that's what i've heard and it would be nice wouldn't it? :P

First day in this forum, just reading through things.

This is funny, to me. I bought a PS2 JUST because of this game. I can't complain too much, though. Having it has been great, and my three year old computer would probably have a rough time handling it.

I'm wondering how many did get a PS2 for this game alone?

Originally posted by Sertsa
First day in this forum, just reading through things.

This is funny, to me. I bought a PS2 JUST because of this game. I can't complain too much, though. Having it has been great, and my three year old computer would probably have a rough time handling it.

I'm wondering how many did get a PS2 for this game alone?

I did buy a PS2 so i could play GT3 too. And when GTProffesional comes out, i will have to buy a new PC too, cause my comp is way to slow for that:(

I dont give 2 shiznits and a christmas turkey how it will effect PS2, i just payed 2300 for a P4 1.6. Now im gonna christen it with this game...excellent.

the only problem I am seeing it that not everyone has flash graphics card to run such a good looking game and they might do a simple port like SEGA PC's games.

Yup, EA 0wnz. I dunno about the graphics card thing...a GeForce 2 Ti should be $100-$150...almost anyone with an AGP should be able to make use of it.

will it be like gt3 or will it have pc exclusive stuff as well like gt concept cars or somethin....

Back