BIG NEWS: Gran Turismo Professional announced for the PC!!!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 100 comments
Originally posted by vat_man
Yeah - dunno about that...

Why would Sony do this? It would seem to strike right at the heart of the PS2 - what next, an X-Box version?

Still, a port I could probably deal with - if it looked better than the PS2 version I'd be ticked.

At least there'll be no chance of the Blue Screen of Death on my PS2!

I TOTALY agree.. damn Microsoft and their evil blue screen of death!!

DAMN THEM!!
DAMN THEIR EYES!!
DAMN THEIR DUCK POND!!

ahem... :D

I really wanted GTP to come out on the PC. Ah well, nothing ever happens that you want :(

At least I have a PS2 so I can still play the next installment of the game. One thing they should add is some real racing features. I don't know if sony have any sort of suggestions thing but where is a racing game without Nitrous Oxide boosts? Oh and Stage 4 turbos, pretty crappy considering you can get Stage 8 and more in real life. There just isn't enough options on GT3. Customisable rear wings, body kits, exhausts, engines, tyres, everything should be able to be how you want it, from the company you want it from. What you lot think?

Well I'm not going to buy it for my PC since my PC seems to want to do things on it's own. That's why I brought my PS2 is because of Gran Turismo Series!! And the controller works a hell of alot better on PS2. My PC doesn't like USB controllers and such things.

Correct me if im wrong, but why would Sony release a game on something other than the system that they make? That would be like Nintendo putting Mario on a different system, to me it just doesnt make any sense :confused:

Guys - you might want to read the whole thread before commenting further. This thread gets dragged out every couple of months when some newbie discovers it and drags it out with their shocked reaction.

Originally posted by MaXiMuS
I don't know if sony have any sort of suggestions thing but where is a racing game without Nitrous Oxide boosts? Oh and Stage 4 turbos, pretty crappy considering you can get Stage 8 and more in real life. There just isn't enough options on GT3. Customisable rear wings, body kits, exhausts, engines, tyres, everything should be able to be how you want it, from the company you want it from. What you lot think?

What do i think?

-I think there is no practical use of nitrous in a race car. Non drag ofcourse.

-I think you have no idea what you are talking about when you say there are stage 8 turbos in real life. Stage? Its just a way for the game to separate different levels of tune. This has no relevance outside of this particular game.

-I think it would be out of PD's scope to include all of the types of parts you listed. There is no use of a part if it doesn't contribute to a car going around a roadcourse any faster. These are tracks you know. Not the street. There aren't little virtual ppl in the game that will be in awe of your massive 20's and 2ft rear wing. BTW, of what you listed; exhaust, engine, and tire modifications are already available.

All sanity aside, I wouldn't be surprised if newer GT games in the series included all of what you listed. What with the "doggy turismo 3", wheel shop, and all. Sony needs to make their money. While selling out and catering to the majority of *****ers will surely net them the most, I hope they decide otherwise.

Anyways, I will always have my PC racers. Which will always be superior to GT. hahhahahaha.

Originally posted by risingson77
Yeah...and so crashable.

It's not the PC hardware itself thats unstable. It's poorly written software. Particularly the stuff coming out of Redmond.

On another note, I do predict Sega GT 2002 will be on PC sooner or later.

Back