Big problems. Anyone with kind heart

  • Thread starter Thread starter darksepant
  • 55 comments
  • 1,958 views
Messages
32
Messages
lightningreef
Going to try and give the short version of this. I gave my son my old ps3 and recently got new one a little bit ago so we could play online together. He hasent has the internet hooked to his ps3. I had it it on mine. He just played gts without going on the internet. I have been playing online though. So I tried to set his ps3 up online with good success until I went it and created a new psn id for him. Well its went downhill from there. I screwed something up just like I usually do.Somehow I can no longer gain access to my psn account or the one I created for him. I was on the phone with psn for over 2 hours trying to resolve this. The only way they could help me out was to create 2 new psn accounts and new users on the ps3. Which means all the game save data of gt5 for both of us is no longer. We still have it on the old users on the ps3 but we cannot go online with those users. We can only go online with the new ones psn helped an idiot like me create for both of us. So now we have to start the whole game of gt5 all over again. You guys know how many hours is spent trying to further your self in this game. I was up to level 34 and my son was at level 32. Just yesterday I traded some cars for a x1. And somebody even gave my son an x1 for absolutey nothing. And now all is lost. I feel terrible for my boy. He isnt what I call a happy camper with me right now. This is the part where I am looking for a kind heart. Would any of you guys give me 1 or 2 xred bull x1"s. One for me and one for my son. It would make getting back up to our level in the 30"s where we were at a little easier. I know you cant use that car for every track but it would still be a help. I cant trade you any cars cause of starting from scratch again. This would mean a lot to my son. And help me out of the dog house which Im in. Please im beggin you guys. As soon as I reach my level where I was at I will repay the favor. You will not be taking off my friends list. I have an hour here at home before I have to go away. But I will be back tonight in about 5-6 hours. Thank you guys so much. You can pm me if you want.
 
There are so many stories like this...
If only I could sponsor you.
 
have you tried to do the following

1) save both game save data's to an external source
2) delete the player off of the ps3's that use the associated PSN ID's
3) start new accounts using those same PSN ID's
4) load your save game data's from the external source back on the associated account
 
have you tried to do the following

1) save both game save data's to an external source
2) delete the player off of the ps3's that use the associated PSN ID's
3) start new accounts using those same PSN ID's
4) load your save game data's from the external source back on the associated account

Guaranteed to work.
 
There are so many stories like this...
If only I could sponsor you.

glad im not the only one thinkin the same...:ouch:
 
yeah i agree id love nothing more than to help him out but with all the posts where their trying to get their son an x2010 it starts to make me second guess them. which is sad cause i would give someone an x1 for free if they were a new player but cannot justify doing it if i think their is a chance their lying to try and get a free car.
 
Last edited:
Well I understand that most of you guys do not believe me but I can still access my old user on my ps3. I can take a snap shot of what level I was at and be glad to send you a pic. I just cant go online with that user anymore. And as soon as I understand the directions on to save my old user game data on the previous posts that someone said cause I am far from computer savy which is why Im in this boat.
 
Just once I would like someone to say "I lost my save file could someone please send me a truck and the cars to do the seasonal events, that would really help me get going again"
 
My old playstation broke ....luckily i had my save data backed up on a memory stick...anyway save yours and your sons data onto a memory stick. Go on the new users. Copy your data and your sons with all your cars and that onto this new user into the saved game data. Good to go. This has already been said. Looks to me asif your just after an X1. A picture of your level would not prove anything either.
 
I tried that doing excactly what you are explaining but when I copy from my old user and go to the new user there is no option to paste or add that game data. Unless Im doing something wrong. And you guys that dont believe me still go up to advanced search and type my user name in under search username"darksepant" you will see the three posts I made yesterday morning and it will show you all the cars that I had at that time. I even made trades for an x1. You may contact that person if you wish. This is no joke. I wish it was. But if I could somehow get my old data onto my new user I would be excastic. I searched the internet on how to do this but came up that it is impossible. I will do excatly as you guys say. Please help me retrieve my old data. Thanks
 
I tried that doing excactly what you are explaining but when I copy from my old user and go to the new user there is no option to paste or add that game data. Unless Im doing something wrong. And you guys that dont believe me still go up to advanced search and type my user name in under search username"darksepant" you will see the three posts I made yesterday morning and it will show you all the cars that I had at that time. I even made trades for an x1. You may contact that person if you wish. This is no joke. I wish it was. But if I could somehow get my old data onto my new user I would be excastic. I searched the internet on how to do this but came up that it is impossible. I will do excatly as you guys say. Please help me retrieve my old data. Thanks

you have a locked memory card or memory stick. Try it with a memory card pro duo if you have the PS3 with the slots or if not get a USB adaptor
 
So you sign in with your account details and there's no option to copy the save data?
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but I'm just looking for clarification.
 
I can copy from my old user but when I go to options on the new user it doesent give me an option to paste or add that dats onto that new user. And I have dinner plans tonight with my father would you guys still help me figure this out when I get home later. Some of you guys are also pm ing me too and trying to help me out. You guys are awesome. Cause if I can save my old data I can sleep again.lol
 
I tried that doing excactly what you are explaining but when I copy from my old user and go to the new user there is no option to paste or add that game data. Unless Im doing something wrong. And you guys that dont believe me still go up to advanced search and type my user name in under search username"darksepant" you will see the three posts I made yesterday morning and it will show you all the cars that I had at that time. I even made trades for an x1. You may contact that person if you wish. This is no joke. I wish it was. But if I could somehow get my old data onto my new user I would be excastic. I searched the internet on how to do this but came up that it is impossible. I will do excatly as you guys say. Please help me retrieve my old data. Thanks

I am not calling you a liar and if I had an open trade spot I would send you something. I just find humor in that the first car people think they need is an x1.
 
Lol. The reason that is the car I was asking for is because it would get me back up to my old levels quicker. But I agree with you. Beggers can't be choosy. But I would rather get my old data back. As soon as I get home I am going to try some of the things you guys said. But I know how my luck goes. As you see the situation im in. Lol
 
You are trying to copy the data in the 'saved data utility' section right?
The one a few spaces above the 'play game' button.

Don't take that the wrong way :)
 
Yes. I am not home but as you guys are helping me I am giving my son directions. So yes that is where I got the data from. But when going to my new user it doesent give me an option to do anything with it.
 
Ok, have you started a new GT5 session on that account? Y'know, gone through and clicked 'ok' on all the boxes?
If not, that's probably the problem. If not, I'm baffled :)
 
Lil confused on what u r askin. Last night I tried to put that old data onto my new profile but I didnt go through opening up and setting up gt5 just tried to copy over the old data and didnt work. Today I started new gt5 session but didnt try to copy over old data yet. I will try what u say now since I started a new gt5 session. Will let u know what happens. My fingers are so crossed.
 
Just try starting over, like why are you trying to make people feel sorry for you?
 
its so hard to see a fellow GT player to lose all the hours he layed his precious eyes in the television and work hard to get to lvl 34 and......BOOM.....in 5 secs its gone....I FEEL YOUR PAIN....happend to me in GT1.....my dad and his friends finished the GT1 and i was trying to copy it to my memory card and it just suddenly deleted itself.....thank GOD they didnt care anymore
 
Some of you kids could really do with a good slap :rolleyes:
 
Son is having trouble will let u guys know when I get home. Thanks a million
 
At the weekend I'll send you whatever car is needed for the highest paying seasonal.
 
Sooo many threads with this same story, sounds like you just want some free cars, I'm not convinced.
 
Back