Biggest "I'm an idiot" thing you've done in GT5

• Thread starter BSpec
  • 1,176 comments
worst moment was in gt4... doing the 24hours of nürburgring with some friends and pressed the quit button after 13hours of driving :grumpy::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch:

in gt5 it was the idea with a friend to race the nürburgring nordschleife with gokarts with moving time >>>> no lights + night at the ring = the black hell :D

I do that all the time!!! But delibarately!!! Lolz Carbon R/ NASCAR/ Go Karts/ F1. All so fun on weather tracks. Or the suzuki Escudo at Toscana!!!!

Last corner before the stratight on the Ring during the 2nd lap of the NASCAR bonus challenge I just touched the grass and slid into it as I was about to catch the leader!

Held on for 2nd place but haven't even come close to winning it in 20+ tries since! FML

I did the b spec formula gt race late last night and accidently hit exit and yes on the championship. got gold on themfirst 5 but no champion ship win.

how about this for an idiot move...

I just deleted my game save on accident when attempting to back it up... 100+ hours down the drain.

My only hope is that i can recover the file somehow, but i dont really see how that possible... Ughhhhh :banghead:

I win... Im the biggest idiot!

Last edited:
how about this for an idiot move...

I just deleted my game save on accident when attempting to back it up... 100+ hours down the drain.

My only hope is that i can recover the file somehow, but i dont really see how that possible... Ughhhhh :banghead:

I win... Im the biggest idiot!

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNLUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Soz man I know your pain, ME1+2 Saves gone due to PC format.......

The horror.

Its the last lap of the Lambo race, I'm in the lead by less than a second, its a red Ford GT tailing me close, I'm riding on some sport medium tires that are shot to hell and I come around the last turn.

"Hell yea.."

I get cocky, over accelerate and the car fish tales directly into a wall. I recover just in time to cross the finish line and get passed by the Ford GT. Dude beat me by .128.

:banghead:

Bought a 70' challenger, not realizing I already had one. Yeah, felt like an idiot.

PD should add a counter or something similar to tell the user how many of the selected car he owns. It's easy to lose track of what cars are in the garage with so many different models.

PD should add a counter or something similar to tell the user how many of the selected car he owns. It's easy to lose track of what cars are in the garage with so many different models.

Yeah that would help so much, and to think I'm only at a 100 cars, Imagine getting to 999 cars, and not knowing what you missed out!

I was doing the Historic races in Professional and I was holding off the a-holes in the Chaparral 2J and Toyota 7 for like 3 laps in my '69 Camaro RM. Last lap, 2 turns left at Grand Valley I take a turn too fast, I drop a wheel in the grass accelerating out of the turn and I completely lose it. After all that work I had to start over >.<

One time, I meant to restart the race but I accidentally pressed continue...I felt pretty stupid after that one...*cough*

Another time, I meant to brake with 50% strength but actually braked closer to 48%...I felt dumber than a bag of wet mice after that one.

And finally, I intended to tell my Bob to decrease pace just before the first tunnel on Grand Valley...but I somehow accidentally fell out the window...now try explaining that one to Mrs. Miggins next door.

After finishing a race at level 24 b spec, my main driver went to class 25 and I stayed at level 24. I smashed my controller against a wall thinking that my bob was better than me. Then I realized the leveling system for you and the bobs are 2 different things..

LMFAO!!! FAIL!!! :dunce:

buying the old fiat 500 for the seasonal event, only to realise that i need the new one...

yeah, i felt like the biggest idiot at that time

Bought the Challenger R/T '70 and spent 175,000 cr on the race modification (RM). Then realized it put me way over horsepower for the special event. So not only did I waste 175,000 cr on the RM, I can't even use the R/T I bought in the event. Duh.

I was on the 3rd race of the formula GT championship all gold so far and left to change my oil...
facepalm.gif

This ^

They had one in GTPSP, so I don't see how it can be too hard to implement in GT5

Yes this is definitely needed, yesterday I bought a '88 Lambo Countach in the UCD only to find I already had one from an earlier Prize... at least it should warn you if you are about to buy something you already own.

Spend 300k tunning an old Lambo. What I really wanted is to tune my GTR Vspec just forgot to change the car first. :banghead:

Last edited:
After being hit online I thought the car was broken and could be repaired only by leaving the track and then coming back. Now I know the damage goes away after a while :dunce:

In the seasonal event Focus ST. I was close to passing the RS focus "02" but guess what? I hit a wall slowing me down dramatically. Thanks to that move I was well off the pace of the focus RS.

I got the game on release day, played it for ages and got to about lvl 27 or 28 a-spec and got bored, decided to sell the game and deleted my savegame. Changed my mind and had to start all over again. :dopey::dopey:

Put tons of money into a Fiat 500 tuning it for a seasonal event only to find there are horsepower and weight restrictions :ouch:

I've known from the beginning that changing oil increases HP but I keep thinking that it will not put me over the HP limit in the seasonal races. I think I've gone over the limit 4 times this way.

I really like not knowing what the prize cars are, so everynow and then it's a cool surprise when you get something decent, for example Mazda Furai on B spec..

I had a fair bit of cash and saw, for the first time, the Audi R8 LMS (gt3 R8) appeared in used car dealership.

''........that looks a bad boy...'' I thought, I'll have that...I was chuffed..

Few hours later, I saw a R35gtr Le Mans car in the used car dealership for the first time...

''.......oh yes, another bad boy for my collection...''.... feeling pretty pleased with myself I went to bed..

Next day, all refreshed and feeling fine I decided to further my quest on the endurance races.

Did the Nurburgring 4hr race - won an Audi R8 LMS....GUTTED

Next day, another endurance race - won the R35gtr Le Mans car.... DOUBLE GUTTED

6 million wasted...

IDIOT :ill:

Back