Biggest lie ever?

• Thread starter lemonsky
  • 224 comments
"It doesn't matter what others think about you, it is what you think of yourself".

That's what they tell you which is meant to build confidence in yourself then suddenly, WHEN you get older they tell you the complete opposite and takes all the confidence you built away.

I hate this more than any other lie told. Feels like life just betrays you.

"It doesn't matter what others think about you, it is what you think of yourself".

That's what they tell you which is meant to build confidence in yourself then suddenly, WHEN you get older they tell you the complete opposite and takes all the confidence you built away.

I hate this more than any other lie told. Feels like life just betrays you.

Hmmm. I'm old and have found that its none of my business what others think of me. I know who my friends are. It's about "thinking of myself less", not "thinking less of myself".

That seems to me to be a case of potential becoming expectation. When you are a kid you could jump to the moon, just don't do it more than once.

Lets just say for enjoyment sake that the world is not that old, it would be a pretty big lie as, the world is as big as we inhabit :lol:

I do..but what issues did you have as a kid than to say that? (No need to go to personal issues)

You can't do anything you want when you're a kid. You can't decide when to go to bed, what to eat for dinner, or what music to listen to in the car. You can't even always decide who your friends are. Being an adult is aaaaawwwwweeeesooooooommmmmee. I want to watch that movie, eat that food, buy that toy, kiss that person, take today off, buy that house, take that job, live in that city, go on that vacation. It's beyond amazing by comparison.

You can't do anything you want when you're a kid. You can't decide when to go to bed, what to eat for dinner, or what music to listen to in the car. You can't even always decide who your friends are. Being an adult is aaaaawwwwweeeesooooooommmmmee. I want to watch that movie, eat that food, buy that toy, kiss that person, take today off, buy that house, take that job, live in that city, go on that vacation. It's beyond amazing by comparison.

Agreed 100%

@TheAnimeDude
Agreed 100%

Thanks, and I think I'll go further...

There is no such thing as a bully when you're an adult. Someone who punches you for lunch money is guilty of assault and battery and is a fugitive of the law. Someone who shoves you in a locker is now a kidnapper and torturer. Someone who pulls your pants down is now a sexual predator guilty of harassment. What's even better, I don't have to interact with the lowest common denominator anymore. When I was in school many of my classmates were jerks who paid zero attention in class. Now those guys are serving me at the drive thru.

Alcohol was something that you could only get if you had a secret party in the woods and basically took your life in your own hands while your friends got sloppy drunk and poured gasoline on a campfire. Now alcohol is something that gives me a nice buzz with a filet mignon.

Ok, how about the simple stuff... As a 12th grader you still have to raise your hand and ask permission to go to the bathroom, and remember to take the hall pass or it's detention for you. Now I ask no one permission to crap!

@TheAnimeDude

Thanks, and I think I'll go further...

There is no such thing as a bully when you're an adult. Someone who punches you for lunch money is guilty of assault and battery and is a fugitive of the law. Someone who shoves you in a locker is now a kidnapper and torturer. Someone who pulls your pants down is now a sexual predator guilty of harassment. What's even better, I don't have to interact with the lowest common denominator anymore. When I was in school many of my classmates were jerks who paid zero attention in class. Now those guys are serving me at the drive thru.

Alcohol was something that you could only get if you had a secret party in the woods and basically took your life in your own hands while your friends got sloppy drunk and poured gasoline on a campfire. Now alcohol is something that gives me a nice buzz with a filet mignon.

Ok, how about the simple stuff... As a 12th grader you still have to raise your hand and ask permission to go to the bathroom, and remember to take the hall pass or it's detention for you. Now I ask no one permission to crap!

Again I agree with you fully. Not taking anything away from being a child (because the innocence and wonder of the world is amazing let's face it), but being an adult is strides better. Everything that was restricted as a child suddenly becomes available and it is then up to you to decide what is right and what is wrong for your own life as opposed to having someone over you make your choices

@TheAnimeDude

As a 12th grader this speaks to me.

I hope that it does get better.

Trickle down economy.

This:
MTMwOTY0Mjc4MTkzNzIyNjQy.jpg

There isn't much Trickle Down happening(Started in the Early 80s).

Holy crap, take an economics course. That chart doesn't even come close to showing what you claim.
I don't need to take an economics course, all stats prove it has failed and it's entire premise concludes that a Business will use said profits proportionally to get more employees.

The fact is with more power comes more squeeze to top heavy pay.

If you would like to prove otherwise I await it.

"Trust me, I'm a professional."
"This won't hurt a bit..."
"Trump is actually a really nice guy."
"Motorsports isn't athletic."
"The Bengals are Super Bowl potential."
"Nothing hurts worse than a broken heart."

This is just stuff from the past 12 hours. Give me a week.

I don't need to take an economics course, all stats prove it has failed

All stats prove what has failed? Who do you think is practicing "trickle down economics" right now?

and it's entire premise concludes that a Business will use said profits proportionally to get more employees.

The fact is with more power comes more squeeze to top heavy pay.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

All stats prove what has failed? Who do you think is practicing "trickle down economics" right now?

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
It doesn't trickle down is what Is what Im saying, Give it another name but don't call it the very thing it's proven not to do.
Is that a nomination for the biggest lie ever, only the chart you posted has no relation whatsoever to what you quoted or are claiming.

It has every Relation, refer to what I said above for clarification.

I will not dispute it helps income growth (when averaged as a whole or on those it gives breaks to), but where it helps that income growth does not link to trickle down, real income growth has not ''trickled down''.

Back