Black Friday Cockpit Hunting 2022

• Thread starter SFBayCat
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
Apologies if this is repetitive but, I only see Black Friday post for Fanatec, PlayStation and Thrust Master. Please redirect me if there is a forum already on this topic.

I've been anxiously awaiting Black Friday so I could see if the cockpit I've had my eye on would go on sale. I have my heart set on the RSeat P1 or C1. So just today 11/18/22, I noticed everything on the RSeat website is on sale for 10% off. I have to be honest, I'm disappointed. 10% does not move me or cause any sort of excitement at all.

Any other good Black Friday deals on cockpits anyone know of out there?

Okay, it looks like I actually have something to add to this thread. So I've done a little poking around but honestly not that much because I'm rock solid set on getting a RSeat. What I've found out is 10%-15% is about as good as it's going to get. So I guess I need to be happy with the 10% that RSeat is offering. The one question I have is, I'm wondering if there's going to be an additional discount on the official "Black Friday" or is this as good as it gets?

So for what it's worth...
--Sim Lab has a 10% sitewide sale going on.
--Trak Racer has a 15% sitewide sale going on.
--GT Omega has a sale going on but I can't confirm that it's sitewide but, it appears so. Looks like the sale is 15% and up.

If I find out more I will add to this. Keep in mind, I'm only focused on cockpits right now.

When I watched Chris Hayes review of the P1 all I could think about was how bad the wheelbase mount was, and how many times I would bash my knees on it, you could even see Chris was sitting in compromised position to get around the issue.
Personally if your looking at a full size rig I don’t understand why anyone would pick a tube cockpit over a 8020 style rig and it’s endless adjustability, and in my region normally save a lot of money as well.

Last edited:
When I watched Chris Hayes review of the P1 all I could think about was how bad the wheelbase mount was, and how many times I would bash my knees on it, you could even see Chris was sitting in compromised position to get around the issue.
Personally if your looking at a full size rig I don’t understand why anyone would pick a tube cockpit over a 8020 style rig and it’s endless adjustability, and in my region normally save a lot of money as well.
Hmmm...interesting. I will have to watch that video again and give that some consideration. You may have saved me from regret. I would hate to spend all that money and have to deal with banging my knees all the time. The thing that I thought was the bonus over the 8020 rig, was the fact that there seemed to be less nuts and bolts to loosen up from all the vibration and torque going on while racing. As Black Friday approaches, I now have a lot of research to do. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
An 8020 will take longer to set up in the first place, mine (TR80 Lite) mainly uses spring washers so not a lot of need for re-tighting, and you could always use some loctite especially for bolts that are unlikely to be adjusted later. Also they are more adaptable to changes in equipment as you get into sim racing more like seating position changes, triple monitors etc, and your not always locked into one manufacturer for accessories.

I made my own monitor mount (49" and 19" screen above) out of spare parts and saved me hundreds of $$$ and doubt you could do it with a tube rig.

As always, I appreciate the input. This is the info I was looking for, to help make a smart decision. Money on the line. Expensive hobby. Less cost than real racing though....and slightly safer;) I get obssessively involved when I get into a hobby. I've been looking into getting into this for far too long so at this point, I'm all in. Next time I need some sort of upgrade, I'm probably going to be upgrading everything. Wheelbase, pedals, cockpit and screens so, I'm halfway considering this a trial run and learn from my mistakes.

I get obssessively involved when I get into a hobby.
I'm sure nobody here understands that feeling - especially not me. :rolleyes:
I'm halfway considering this a trial run and learn from my mistakes.
Honestly, that's often the best way to do a lot of things. You just don't know what you want until you try something. If you can, buy from someplace that takes returns. I bought a cheap cockpit from Amazon Prime and boy was I glad I could return it.

(Listen to me, sounding all knowledgeable about sim racing when I've been at it for only 6 months. :lol: )

I'm sure nobody here understands that feeling - especially not me. :rolleyes:

Honestly, that's often the best way to do a lot of things. You just don't know what you want until you try something. If you can, buy from someplace that takes returns. I bought a cheap cockpit from Amazon Prime and boy was I glad I could return it.

(Listen to me, sounding all knowledgeable about sim racing when I've been at it for only 6 months. :lol: )
You have to start somewhere right? Anything you do that you love, usually comes with a pile of extra parts.;)

Congratulations! Thanks to @Goonie75 getting me to come to my senses, I ordered the Trak Racer TR120 Racing Simulator instead of the RSeat C1. (I couldn't figure out how to link it like you did).

Nice save Goon', I think I was sold by the tubular look. Send some pics of your setup when you get it going and I'll do the same. Maybe I'll give the thread a new name and we'll start from scratch.

Last edited:
I ordered the Trak Racer TR120 Racing Simulator instead of the RSeat C1.
The only reason I didn't order that one was because of a video I saw that said it took him 2 days (10 hours) to put it together. Later on he had another video on the Omega, and he said it was waaaay easier (1 hour).
(I couldn't figure out how to link it like you did).
Just select the text, then click the "chain link" icon in the tools above, and enter the URL.

1669131651122.png

@GrumpyOldMan....I did it! Thanks. And BIG shot out to @Goonie75 for helping me make a better choice AND saving money. With the money I saved, I was able to justify some extra accessories and consider buying a monitor this Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

So this is it! It's on the way with a ton of accessories. However, I still need to decide on a seat. I spoke with them earlier this morning and they said it's being shipped today. I just ordered it yesterday. Trak Racer TR120 racing Simulator

Last edited:
Back