Blackbird's Car

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 72 comments
Is it wrong I noticed the A3 GTI and the Porsche before looking at the Miata more closely?

Ooh! Best color too. I hope you update regularly.

I will try to take as many pictures as possible. I want to get this on a canyon ASAP! No modifications planned. I don't think it needs any. :) Of course, I say that now...

Is it wrong I noticed the A3 GTI and the Porsche before looking at the Miata more closely?

Don't feel bad. Everyone always asks about the Turbo. :lol:

Last edited:
First I was happy seeing an update in your S4 thread, only to be sadden by the fact you sold it.

This makes me smile again :lol:

I'm eager to see you give us a comparaison of the 2 cars, though they are very very different

First I was happy seeing an update in your S4 thread, only to be sadden by the fact you sold it.

This makes me smile again :lol:

I'm eager to see you give us a comparaison of the 2 cars, though they are very very different

Yes extremely different. Like comparing apples to oranges.

The S4 is most definitely a sport luxury sedan. It has leather, comfortable seats, automatic climate control, homelink, AWD, tons of power, well insulated cabin... etc If it weren't for the exhaust it'd be very quiet in the cabin

The Miata is raw. Direct short shifter, tight steering, immediate throttle response, top down, stiff suspension, RWD, lightweight.

I like both for very different reasons. I wish I could keep both of them.

We should have an MX-5 and GT86 owners club thread here on GTP, and be known as the most awesome car owners around :dopey:

Congrats! I always wave at MX-5 drivers when I see them, and they smile right back at my 86 👍

Very cool! I haven't seen a FRS/BRZ driver pay much attention to a Miata yet here. :P

Congrats! Another awesome car. Keep this thread updated!

Thanks man. I will try to update as much as I can. This will truly be a weekend car so I won't get too much time to drive it.

Love it. Sat in one the other day. It's all just right.

I know right?

I didn't know I wanted one until I sat in it at the auto show.

To expound on that:

The one pictured above is the one I saw at the auto show. Completely by chance.

Saw one on the road this morning. It was weaving in and out of traffic. Amazing poise. It didn't even have much body roll at all.

Congratulations! It's a great roadster, may you have many miles of happy motoring. :cheers:

So, when does the tune happen? :D

Haha the engine doesn't even have 300 miles on it yet! :P
Saw one on the road this morning. It was weaving in and out of traffic. Amazing poise. It didn't even have much body roll at all.

Congratulations! It's a great roadster, may you have many miles of happy motoring. :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm already enjoying the hell out of it. 👍

Interesting you say it doesn't have much body roll. A lot of the reviews reported body roll. Some didn't like it some didn't mind it. Maybe if it was hard cornering you'd notice it.

You'll notice if you drive it faster haha.

I've already noticed the body roll in my efforts to explore the car's capabilities. It doesn't bother me too much. The ride is stiff right now but compliant. Other ND owners report after the first 1000 miles it softens up a little.

Extremely bad phone picture but found my cars older brother!

IMG_20160130_231619.jpg

At low speeds I hear a whining coming from the right side. It changes pitch depending on speed. A bearing? Going to ask dealer to check it out.

Last edited:
IMG_20160131_134930.jpg

Took it for a drive this Sunday. Wonderful car to drive. Tons of fun!

In other news I've been looking at a practical/utilitarian vehicle and I got my eyes on this 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
635797341039998614.jpg

39,999 original miles. Just checking if it has the 53 block or not.

Small update. The car has a whopping 950 miles on it. I just gave her a much needed wash and wax. Need to research how to take care of the soft top. Any ideas?

Small update. The car has a whopping 950 miles on it. I just gave her a much needed wash and wax. Need to research how to take care of the soft top. Any ideas?

There are special products for the softtop fabrics:

Meguiars-Convertible-Cabriolet-Spray-Impraegnierung-Step-2-500ml.png

Rotweiss-Impraegnierung-500ml.png

DODO-JUICE-Supernatural-Fabric-Sealant-500ml.png

Cleaned with a soft brush and car soap, dried then sealed

Holy hell, how did I miss this?! I knew you were looking for another car after the Audi, but this was a very different direction from what I was expecting. :P

Congrats bro!

Holy hell, how did I miss this?! I knew you were looking for another car after the Audi, but this was a very different direction from what I was expecting. :P

Congrats bro!

Thanks! Yes i'm very impulsive when it comes to car buying. I'm already looking ahead to the next car. Once the S4 is returned I will be able to save pretty aggressively. (Granted if I don't pour money into this car, pray I don't)

I'm thinking something Porsche next. :D But that will be a few years down the road. I'll enjoy this now. ;)

Back