Blue Moon Bay Gr.1 World Record

You might get more interest in the Tuning forum since many people in this main forum seem to view tuning as somehow cheating.

It's more that most people don't want to try and beat a lap time on an oval, let alone when it requires a lot of time tuning. :lol:

I tried while the new update was downloading..... The best I could get was into the 36 range in the mclaren VGT...... Way off!

Yeah, that McLaren is complete garbage when it comes to Blue Moon Bay. The only car that can run in the 29’s is the Alpine VGT 2017. The SRT Tomahawk (Gr.1) is the next fastest at 30.9 (a whole second behind the Alpine).

Last edited:
You might get more interest in the Tuning forum since many people in this main forum seem to view tuning as somehow cheating.

I think the op should consider sharing his tune for sure, that will separate the tuning skill and driving skill and maybe some people will try the challenge.

I think the op should consider sharing his tune for sure, that will separate the tuning skill and driving skill and maybe some people will try the challenge.

If no one beats me after a few weeks I’ll share my tune and withdraw the money reward.

Too fast lol I'm hoping in the future they will add another Gr.1 car that can compete with it. The last Gr.1 they added was another one of those 500hp ones smh...
The 500hp rating only takes the ICE into account. It makes no mention of the hybrid systems these cars possess which bring the total hp rating to about 1000 distributed across all four wheels. However, it's hard to judge how realistically the performance of the prototypes has been emulated since they tried to match cars of different regulatory generations as well as the fictional Vision GT cars. In any case, I wouldn't shake my head at the "500hp" cars since they actually exist in real life and I'm certain many would prefer them over the fantasy stuff.

-Sorry if that sounded snarky. :cheers:

Last edited:
The 500hp rating only takes the ICE into account. It makes no mention of the hybrid systems these cars possess which bring the total hp rating to about 1000 distributed across all four wheels. However, it's hard to judge how realistically the performance of the prototypes has been emulated since they tried to match cars of different regulatory generations as well as the fictional Vision GT cars. In any case, I wouldn't shake my head at the "500hp" cars since they actually exist in real life and I'm certain many would prefer them over the fantasy stuff.

-Sorry if that sounded snarky. :cheers:

I actually prefer the 500hp stuff but when BoP is off they can’t compete.

I gave it a go. Several in fact. I found it better to use the tommhawk. In the 33's is best I could do. So I guess its yes a great time sir....

Curious if anyone has gotten close yet? So far I’ve only met 1 other person that has even broken the 31 sec barrier into the 30’s.

I had a quick go and did a 30.9. Noticed putting ride height max and camber at 1.0/1.0 closed most of the gap. Could only do 34s with default.

I had a quick go and did a 30.9. Noticed putting ride height max and camber at 1.0/1.0 closed most of the gap. Could only do 34s with default.
I suggest turning off camber completely. That one change saved me a whole second (34 to 33)

I suggest turning off camber completely. That one change saved me a whole second (34 to 33)

Not sure if you’ve noticed but changing camber changes the cornering and stability stats on the left, so I played around with it until I got the highest value and 1.0/1.0 is what I ended up with.

Not sure if you’ve noticed but changing camber changes the cornering and stability stats on the left, so I played around with it until I got the highest value and 1.0/1.0 is what I ended up with.
I never really pay much attention to those stats. Thanks for the heads up though 👍 would try later using 1.0 camber :)

I never really pay much attention to those stats. Thanks for the heads up though 👍 would try later using 1.0 camber :)

100% ignore the stat for cornering... it’s the biggest amount of BS ever. The camber is significantly higher than 1 for my setup.

100% ignore the stat for cornering... it’s the biggest amount of BS ever. The camber is significantly higher than 1 for my setup.

uMayBeSeated,

It has been a while, and perhaps you'd now be willing to share your configuration?

Regards,
Reknow, aka PSN mt32768

I was having trouble winning the Gr.1 races in campaign mode and found this thread when looking for Gr.1 car opinions. I wanted to use a "real" car not one of the VGTs.
Anyway, UMBS - are you willing to share now? That lap is insane!! Best I have managed is 34.052 in an un-tuned (but upgraded) Nismo '15. That, according to time trials on Fuji Speedway, is my fastest Gr.1, followed by the Jag.

What I did notice was the huge difference "little things" like the tiniest change in approach to the apex etc. can make on times.

You put in an amazing lap! :cheers:

A Gr.1 vgt car doing a lap record on an OVAL track WITHOUT bop. Are you guys seriously care this? Gr.1 cars never meant to run without bop yet alone on an oval track. This is nothing but a time waste.

Latest Posts

Back