Blue Moon Bay Gr.1 World Record

I actually did read it earlier and to me it seemed hit or miss... someone said they were just randomly running 2 seconds faster. It didn’t seem like a bug that occurs 100% of the time for them. It’s safe to say that I’ve ran under 30.2 probably close to 1000 laps at this point. I have a hard time believing I’m bugged permanently, if ever at all. I’m so focused on the exact speed the car I’m using can take a specific turn on a course and I tune the transmission mission accordingly. I’m one of those that would most definitely notice an abnormal grip threshold allowing me to exceed the speed I deem possible. So unless my account has permanent grip added to it... 100% of the time for 100% of the game modes then I don’t believe it’s ever happened to me (Especially with the Gr.1’s on Blue Moon).

Yeah, I am I'm no way claiming you have this bug. Nice time.

But to play devil's advocate, you wouldn't know if you did have it unless you compared to another account or tried to match corner entry speeds with people known to have it. You have no point of reference otherwise. But I digress. This was the discussion of the other thread

Last edited:
A video of the lap would be cool.👍

I don’t know how to upload a video to GT Planet... only options from the PlayStation are YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook. If you search in the Discovery section on GT Sport, under Blue Moon Bay Speedway, with the tag “#challenge” or get really specific and search by car Alpine VGT 2017 (which is French), Mode - Time Trial, you should find it relatively easy. There arent too many.

No problem! :)
Btw, been getting :33 on Blue Moon. How are you so fast?! :lol:

Tuning is very very tricky with these cars on this track. Experiment with bizarre increases and decreases with one thing at a time and see how the car reacts to each. It takes extreme patience to tune a car. When you finally figure it out, things tend to go a lot quicker in the future.

Tuning is very very tricky with these cars on this track. Experiment with bizarre increases and decreases with one thing at a time and see how the car reacts to each. It takes extreme patience to tune a car. When you finally figure it out, things tend to go a lot quicker in the future.
Alright, thanks!

I'd try this with stock setup. No way I'm going to an oval if I need to find a setup for it. :lol:

If it was a $100 you might get more players interested in this mate. I have got a good tune too but not for this track, the Blue Moon Speedway is boring and that is why I am not doing this.

If there was a way I could win I would do $100... why would I do $100 when I will never see a reward lol and everyone else has nothing lose and everything to gain mate. If I was absolutely loaded financially maybe :)

Still not under 31....

Keep at it! I tuned that car for the better part of 2 months... it may even be able to run faster than 29.9 lol. The main reason I made this thread was to discover if I’ve hit the cars peak or not. I want to see if I’m missing something that could make it even better! Not too many people care about Blue Moon Bay though. The problem with tuning on a real track and comparing times, is a way greater discrepancy based on driver skill and error. Like someone stated before, this is more of a tuning challenge. The skill cap is low for this course and I’d say with my tune the average driver would probably run a 30.4... One other person has my tune and I consider him slightly above average (a high B/S driver) he runs a 30.3... So there is a very small skill gap here.

2 months+ of driving an unrealistically fast car around a glorified triangle... I'm good, thanks.

Lol I definitely don’t mean two straight months of doing nothing else... I just took breaks from Competitive Racing when I would get frustrated or something and ran laps for a bit. I would create lobbies specifically for tuning and just talk to and meet new people. I learned a lot about the tuning process that goes into each and every car in the game (which I had very limited knowledge of) through my efforts “driving an unrealistically fast car around a glorified triangle”. Where you and some others see bordem and a non skilled track... I see the easiest way to learn how to tune a car. It’s much easier to tell how your car reacts to individual elements of it’s suspension when you start on a track that’s fairly simple to run near identical lines and lap times on a consistent basis. Knock it all you want but I learned a lot from it.

Side Note: I know suspensions vary drastically from track to track... but you can get a rough idea of how your car responds to each element easier on a track like Blue Moon.

Lol I definitely don’t mean two straight months of doing nothing else... I just took breaks from Competitive Racing when I would get frustrated or something and ran laps for a bit. I would create lobbies specifically for tuning and just talk to and meet new people. I learned a lot about the tuning process that goes into each and every car in the game (which I had very limited knowledge of) through my efforts “driving an unrealistically fast car around a glorified triangle”. Where you and some others see bordem and a non skilled track... I see the easiest way to learn how to tune a car. It’s much easier to tell how your car reacts to individual elements of it’s suspension when you start on a track that’s fairly simple to run near identical lines and lap times on a consistent basis. Knock it all you want but I learned a lot from it.

Side Note: I know suspensions vary drastically from track to track... but you can get a rough idea of how your car responds to each element easier on a track like Blue Moon.

No knocking it for people who enjoy it, but not a fan of ovals in any way shape or form - even for tuning a car.

I guess it's a bit different as I know the theory behind suspension tuning anyway, so I know (generally) what affects the changes I make will have in advance. I also find that sometimes the outright fastest tune isn't the best one; if I can find a tune that makes me more consistent, at the sacrifice of a bit of speed, then I'd rather have that. An oval won't tell you that, because as you say it's easier to hit the same lines time and time again...

Back