BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage

http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17956456#post17956456

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah, the common complaint is mine as well; those grille kidneys are too big for the front. And does it need a chin? Couldn't they just mimick the front end of the VGT? That looked smooth enough, and it still kept BMW's trademark design cues. The rear end design is nice, well thought out and good-looking. The front end is what messes up the styling, those kidneys should've been smaller.

I think the Front end looks a bit angle from the direct front funny.
....I switched places of "angle" and "funny" and kept that mistake in because i felt like it.
image.jpg

Still looks funny though. Literally.

I like the grill. It's actually gone back towards the original shark front end. I hope all the grills are more vertical. Now, those "hands" digging into the bonnet on both sides. Let's talk on that. 👎

image.jpg

from this view, that Hitler moustache I'm not too thrilled about.

SNP3JtvcVBkbGJjpnosfIKaK0IyaM5V-8eSdH0Pk0gqaStEwx1gEyuaN12--CEH2VdOaqUwQdo9DkF9q5UfcQv-xMkv54c4seig5S8xYh-p5kqRkQl1wXASRg7xN01myJCfLnBgOdAMzb9PQg929OwYNLQ=w336-h250-nc

Last edited:
Oh god, do you know what the above image just reminded me of?

image.jpg

Go figure, now I know a car that looks similar to the BMW, in the front end section, that is.

God damm it, BMW. I thought we were past the "Bugs Bunny teeth" design phase. Looks like you aren't, really.

Side and back looks good. The front looks hideous with those beaver teeth. Shame, I was really looking forward to this concept.

Which is fine for a luxury car, but something small and sporty? No.

The CSL Hommage is to the VFL as the E9 was to the E3.. in other words, take the top luxury offering, make it a coupe, then make it look like it might go racing... It's not obvious in this Hommage... but actually it fits beautifully in that respect.

Also, this isn't small. BMW VGT was small, it was based on the M235i... This Hommage is Bigger than an M6.

The CSL Hommage is to the VFL as the E9 was to the E3.. in other words, take the top luxury offering, make it a coupe, then make it look like it might go racing... It's not obvious in this Hommage... but actually it fits beautifully in that respect.

Also, this isn't small. BMW VGT was small, it was based on the M235i... This Hommage is Bigger than an M6.
Well, the problem with that bit of homage is it just doesn't work. They've sculpted a car which looks lithe and athletic (what I mean by small) and then just plonked this grill on like an afterthought.

Back