BMW Isetta Custom Dragster 1959

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 25 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight presents an extreme vehicle the famous BMW Isetta Custom Dragster, actually the dragster is a heavily modified 1959 BMW Isetta car.
This classic drag racing car which is missing in the GT-series but now available at the StarLight Garage.

687atj.jpg

Actually is the BMW Isetta drag racing car inspired by a Hot Wheel Isetta drag car toy and looks almost identical.

Rather than the pathetic 13 horsepower that is normally associated with these vehicles the car is now powered by a supercharged Chevrolet 502 cubic inch V8 generating about 730 hp (544 kW) and only weighing a mere 1520 lb. All the power is transferred to wheels through a two-speed manual gearbox. It has dual-circuit disc brakes with an AP balance bar, while the suspension is taken from an BMW M3. The front wheels are wrapped around in B.F. Goodrich G-Force tires.

All the power is delivered through a single Sumitoma HTRZ II 285/35ZR18 tire which must be interesting to watch to say the least. The builders of the dragster also added a switch that allows the dragster to spit 4 foot flames from its exhaust!
And stabilised by an very, very huge rear wing.

Although developed to be fully functional, the vehicle is strictly for show and shouldn't be used on roads or track because the "massive amount of torque produced by the Chevrolet 502 motor can be dangerous if driven improperly."

The vehicle doesn’t quote the overall performance figures but does describe it as very, very fast and very, very loud!
hs24ig.jpg

21ag17n.jpg

21dh1s.jpg

WE NEED A DRAG STRIP .... so vote for this CIRCUIT!

THE OTHER BMW ARE HERE

Last edited:
Holy cow. The motor is actually bigger than the car!!! Starlight man you sir sure can find some weird and wonderful toys. Keep'em coming!!

This car reminds me a bit of the Wildboar from Ridge Racer Type 4, because of the wheel layout. One wheel at the back and two at the front. That is called the "tadpole" format. Hopefully this thing can still turn.

Cockpit and engine bay...

Thanks for the awesome pictures, great quality too.
👍

Had to vote in this one: This thing is awsome!!! :D

Thanks mate!
:cheers:

Holy cow. The motor is actually bigger than the car!!! Starlight man you sir sure can find some weird and wonderful toys. Keep'em coming!!

I'm glad you can appreciate this one.
I do my best to bring special cars to GT6.
👍

This car reminds me a bit of the Wildboar from Ridge Racer Type 4, because of the wheel layout. One wheel at the back and two at the front. That is called the "tadpole" format. Hopefully this thing can still turn.

I don't think this one can turn at full speed, it's more a dragster but no panic.
I have also suggested this track which includes a Drag Strip.
:cheers:

What if the blower belt rips? It is literally right behind the drivers seat :scared:

Back