BMW M3 DTM Drivers Challenge by Snail: Congrats to all our 2021 Holiday Event Winners. See you again next year

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 422 comments
Sorry for the late notice, but will not be able to make the race today.

Had a rough night and am in no shape to race (I'd probably ruin others races given how I feel right now).
Sorry to here it Raptor. Hope you feel better. Just making sure you're aware, but the race is tomorrow, 12/29, our Wednesday. I want to guess that would be around 6am Thurs for you.

Sorry for the late notice but no work today so I am available for both races.
I was swapping the number plates from gold and it says I should use a silver background. When I go to the livery editor to change it I can only use the standard color pallette colors. Which of those colors of grey I guess it is do you want me to use?
NM upon further inspection I see you have the colors pointed out.

Last edited:
17e06f0bc7926-80ad976a87baf9a8f0068f4a973b6ab25fd1f3ec-261_message_420033154709246_1640754510582.jpg
download.png

2021 BMW M3 DTM
Holiday Event
Early Race

Drivers Briefing

It's finally race day. The following post is a breakdown of today's races regarding rosters, track limits, and how points will be scored for overall finishing placement.

Screenshot_20211229-103236_Samsung Internet.jpg

All drivers must make every attempt to observe track limits at all times. If a driver goes off/wide and is believed to have gained a lasting advantage, other drivers may report for review with subsequent penalties being issued if necessary. A simple 1 second lift of the throttle can satisfy as a concession if an off does occur.

To be considered in bounds, a driver must keep at least 2 wheels on any part of the red/white curbing, or inside the white boundary line on asphalt runoff areas. Drivers may be aggressive in clipping the final chicane and may roll over the bollard, but must keep it in bounds.
A few reminders to all drivers:
-please observe all known OLR rules.
-Be sure to hold your line in the corners, avoiding contact that can cause another driver to be moved off their respective line.
-Watch and adjust your brake points as necessary, especially when in the heavy draft this car induces.
-Hold your lines and respect other driver's space at all times
-a reminder that "overlap" is considered when the nose of the chase driver is up to the drivers position of the lead car before the point of turn in. Turn in is considered the final commitment/input that initiates a driver to their chosen line. This may not be the first input toward the corner entry.
-if contact or a foul is committed, on track concessions will typically satisfy small infractions, and lessen the penalty on larger infractions.
-drivers are not to discuss or argue any incidents in the lobby post race in party chat or the chat box. Simple apologies are acceptable, but no further. Please file an IR.
-ANY DRIVERS WHO WISH TO REPORT AN INCIDENT MUST PM ME WITH A LAP, TIMESTAMP, AND SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE INCIDENT. (I will review and apply any necessary penalties to the final scoring)

Let's keep it clean and fun so everyone has a great racing experience.
Points will be scored a bit differently than most series.
-Initial points will be scored from 1st to 16th with 1st scoring 16 points on down to 16th for 1 point.
-From there, 1 bonus point for every position gained will be added to your final placement score.
-For those starting in the back, positions gained have as much bearing as final placement.
example: driver starts 16th, finishes 8th. They would recieve 9 points for placement, plus 8 points for positions earned for a total of 17 points. This could theoretically win over a driver that starts in first and finishes in first.
-No points deducted for loss of positions.
-if there is a points tie, the tiebreaker goes first to the driver who earned more positions, then if still tied to the driver with the fastest lap.
-work cleanly for every position and get rewarded.
Early Race:
Room opens at 2:30pm est
Race Starts: 3:00pm est
Screenshot_20211229-110421_Sheets.jpg

Late Race:
Room opens: 9:30pm est
Race Starts: 10:00pm est
Screenshot_20211229-110437_Sheets.jpg

Reserves are asked to remain on standby

2021 Event Main Post

Driver Profile Post
Still awaiting livery submissions from some drivers. Please submit a side profile shot over white background from the livery editor preview option, then "share" and send screen shot to me. I will review livery and update profile page as recieved.

Good luck to all drivers participating. See you all on the grid.

Last edited:
2021 BMW M3 DTM
Holiday Event
Early Race

Drivers Briefing

It's finally race day. The following post is a breakdown of today's races regarding rosters, track limits, and how points will be scored for overall finishing placement.

View attachment 1102410

All drivers must make every attempt to observe track limits at all times. If a driver goes off/wide and is believed to have gained a lasting advantage, other drivers may report for review with subsequent penalties being issued if necessary. A simple 1 second lift of the throttle can satisfy as a concession if an off does occur.

To be considered in bounds, a driver must keep at least 2 wheels on any part of the red/white curbing, or inside the white boundary line on asphalt runoff areas. Drivers may be aggressive in clipping the final chicane and may roll over the bollard, but must keep it in bounds.
-Be sure to hold your line in the corners, avoiding contact that can cause another driver to be moved off their respective line.
-Watch and adjust your brake points as necessary, especially when in the heavy draft this car induces.
-a reminder that "overlap" is considered when the nose of the chase driver is up to the drivers position of the lead car before the point of turn in. Turn in is considered the final commitment/input that initiates a driver to their chosen line. This may not be the first input toward the corner entry.
-if contact or a foul is committed, on track concessions will typically satisfy small infractions, and lessen the penalty on larger infractions.
-drivers are not to discuss or argue any incidents in the lobby post race in party chat or the chat box. Simple apologies are acceptable, but no further. Please file an IR.
-ANY DRIVERS WHO WISH TO REPORT AN INCIDENT MUST PM ME WITH A LAP, TIMESTAMP, AND SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE INCIDENT. (I will review and apply any necessary penalties to the final scoring)

-Initial points will be scored from 1st to 16th with 1st scoring 16 points on down to 16th for 1 point.
-From there, 1 bonus point for every position gained will be added to your final placement score.
-For those starting in the back, positions gained have as much bearing as final placement.
example: driver starts 16th, finishes 8th. They would recieve 9 points for placement, plus 8 points for positions earned for a total of 17 points. This could theoretically win over a driver that starts in first and finishes in first.
-if there is a points tie, the tiebreaker goes first to the driver who earned more positions, then if still tied to the driver with the fastest lap.
Early Race:
View attachment 1102411

Late Race:
View attachment 1102412

2021 Event Main Post

Driver Profile Post
Still awaiting livery submissions from some drivers. Please submit a side profile shot over white background from the livery editor preview option, then "share" and send screen shot to me. I will review livery and update profile page as recieved.

Did I get a grid penalty?

Did I get a grid penalty?
I left you in the Gold Class, but based on your now known pace, you were slotted to the back of the Gold Class field. Keep in mind this could favor you based on how the point structure works. The idea is for it to be a challenge to obtain positions, not be an easy dash to the front. I suspect you, Guido, and possible Ice will have some good racing up front for the top spots. The rest of us will be jockeying for as many positions possible. Good luck and see you the grid.

@llNovall Put me down as a reserve for the early race if there's people to fill the spot. One of the dogs has taken an interest in the Christmas tree so I may need to keep an eye on that instead of racing...

2021 BMW M3 DTM
Holiday Event
Early Race

Drivers Briefing

View attachment 1102410

Early Race:
View attachment 1102411

Late Race:
View attachment 1102412

2021 Event Main Post

Driver Profile Post

Let me make sure I got this right. You only gain points for position gained over starting grid position? Or is it positions gained in general. Lets say peacock falls back to 5th and finishes 3rd does he get 2 bonus points?

Let me make sure I got this right. You only gain points for position gained over starting grid position? Or is it positions gained in general. Lets say peacock falls back to 5th and finishes 3rd does he get 2 bonus points?
No, only positions gained from starting position.

Alright gents,
While I have the Assetto Corsa Special Event trying to get off the ground for next Wednesday, 12/29 which so far seems rather light on interest, I figured I'd rehash this thread to see if something along this event's format on GTSport might be better recieved. If interested in racing another event in this car in a similar format the above mentioned night, please post below. Whichever event proposal has the stronger interest by Friday at noon, will be the way we go.
Tagging all driver members:
@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc
@stelephant / stelephant
@Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
@IceWarden / Ice_Warden
@Fudman420 / Fudman420
@Moby45 / Moby45
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
@Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10
@Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13
@socalnatv / Sand_68
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31
@MikeGrove
@Yugofan / Yugofan
@Beeg Brady / Brady_Imawesome
@Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok
@Deal24 / fullerbunch
@SydViscus
@GTP_Guido
@racingchamp30
@racefan
@Cromedix
@scarecrow937
@Philtaylor17
@Lost Sheltie
@Granadier
@RACECAR
@roamingbard13
@BGCaligula
@SAMHAIN85
@Phlano099
If you have room I’ll jump into the early race. Made a livery as well.

Given my pace, can I start in last position?
Unfortunately, no. Only way to go further back is to jump classes, at which point you'll be at the head end of the Platinum Class on rm tires. The goal has been to induce the best challenge and door to door racing. No one driver should make it easily thru the field. Obviously, there are outliers on both sides of that since the Kudosprime Speedscore and Dr used can be skewed regarding actual pace. That's why I didn't just re Class you, but if you wanted a bigger challenge, I have no problem classing you as such. Only way I wouldn't go is down...ei, Diamond caliber stats and wanting to go down on rm. For this series, the fastest stats drivers should be challenged heaviest...but rewarded if they manage to move up the field. Let me know.

Unless the results grid is the exact same as the starting grid the is no possible way for pole position to win the race, correct?
Not necessarily. If say the last place driver only manages to make it to 10th, that would be 7 points plus the 6 gained to equal 13. If the top 4 started and did not gain position, they would hold standing over the rear placed driver. Point is, positions gained is just as important as where you finish.

@llNovall Put me down as a reserve for the early race if there's people to fill the spot. One of the dogs has taken an interest in the Christmas tree so I may need to keep an eye on that instead of racing...
Hey Drex,
Unfortunately, the roster has already been set for you as a guaranteed entry for the early race, and reserve for the late race. Try to make if you can, if not, you may need to wait for an opening in the late race.

If you have room I’ll jump into the early race. Made a livery as well.
Hey GTR4MROD,
The grids have been set at the moment. Since BPeacock2727 had a guaranteed entry for the late race, I can slot you in a 1st Reserve for the early race. Drex is tentative for the early race, so in the event he or someone else cannot post on the grid, your in.

Hey Drex,
Unfortunately, the roster has already been set for you as a guaranteed entry for the early race, and reserve for the late race. Try to make if you can, if not, you may need to wait for an opening in the late race.
Oh I wasn't asking for a spot on the other race, just saying there's a good chance I won't make it to the first one.

Back