BMW XM Concept

A car designed by a Chinese focus group at a guess. Eww.

Not liking the new BMW standard of having a large arse imprint as the front end.

Production version of the XM has been spotted

1641364120571.png

1641364126556.png

1641364134956.png

This may be one of the most atrocious-looking concept vehicles of all time. Makes me wish even more BMW would go back to the 1990s or maybe early 2000s in styling their vehicles. I don't care if you stuffed a naturally-aspirated V12 in this thing; I'd avoid this like the Plague. Yeesh!

0-60 in over 4.0 seconds. Sounds quick for a humongous SUV... Until you remember that X6M Comp does it in less than 4. :lol:

I guess the incoming 750hp version will fix that.

Last edited:
The grille may be a tiny bit less ostentatious than the concept but it doesn't detract from the pig ugliness of the rest of it

I don't understand what it is or why it exists. Is this like a last hurrah for the performance SUV, as if that's something we needed? The X5M exists, I don't see a reason for this to exist. It's like BMW was channeling its inner Dodge, just making a really aggressive chav mobile for no reason. Any time you see anybody driving this you just know they're a total choch.

Seriously uncool.

Last edited:
I don't understand what it is or why it exists. Is this like a last hurrah for the performance SUV, as if that's something we needed? The X5M exists, I don't see a reason for this to exist. It's like BMW was channeling its inner Dodge, just making a really aggressive chav mobile for no reason. Any time you see anybody driving this you just know they're a total choch.

Seriously uncool.
It's kinda cool IMO but them making this to be their most powerful dedicated M car after the M1 doesn't sit right with me.

Last edited:
Do we have our 2020s equivalent of the Pontiac Aztek here? And yes, @Keef , if this was "Cool Wall," this gets "Seriously Uncool" from me as well.

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

There's not a single panel/angle on this thing that isn't revoltingly ugly.

Last edited:
It's kinda cool IMO but them making this to be their most powerful dedicated M car after the M1 doesn't sit right with me.
The fact that this purely M-developed car weighs 2.75 tonnes is more concerning for the brand in my mind.

Just to put that in context, the newly anounced Bentayga EWB (long wheelbase) weighs 240kgs less and even the Rolls Cullinan is 110kgs lighter and both are 8-9 inches longer than the XM.

Last edited:
Took me a few days to figure out what this thing reminds me of. I'm not normally one for comparisons but when I found it I laughed. This thing looks like a compressed Kia Borrego concept from 2008.

New-Kia-Borrego-US.jpg

Took me a few days to figure out what this thing reminds me of. I'm not normally one for comparisons but when I found it I laughed. This thing looks like a compressed Kia Borrego concept from 2008.

New-Kia-Borrego-US.jpg
They look literally nothing alike. Only the wheels are similar.

They look literally nothing alike. Only the wheels are similar.
I'm seeing the wheels, the kinked rear window, the chamfered shoulder line below the windows, the two-tone bodywork. The BMW is like a Borrego on steroids.

Bit of a random thought, but back in September during the time of the XM reveal. BMW Middle East had an ad featuring an Odyssey 21 Extreme E rebodied with a BMW looking body on it. Honestly feel like it was a missed opportunity to give the marketing team a way of relating the XM to current motorsports. If you said that this "Dune Taxi" was a XM race version, I'd at least appreciate the XM a little more, even if the actual race truck had nothing to do with the road car.

Meanwhile, in actuality, seeing the XM ads running in our BMW showroom is some epileptic seizure inducing flashes of fashion and nonsensical crap with no relation to BMW Motorsport. I'm no expert in the industry, but making something motorsports of the XM name or design would make it slightly more appealing...in a way. But apparently this was just a one off for a marketing stunt.

bmw_dune_taxi_concept.jpg

Latest Posts

Back