BMW'S Upcoming SUVs- X2 Sports Crossover and X7 Luxury SUV

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 78 comments
Dang. Can you make the front grills any larger? It just looks like a style mismatch up front. Not atrocious, but not entirely stylish either. Maybe you were right, FT-1...

X2 facelifted spied.

upload_2020-4-22_13-12-42.png

upload_2020-4-22_13-12-48.png

upload_2020-4-22_13-12-55.png

Based on the lower grille staying the same, the X2 appears safe from the big grille treatment.

I... Don't hate it? I was bracing myself for the worst when the spy shots hinted the X7 LCI would have a split headlight design, but it looks far better than the outgoing model.

Not sure I'd make a new thread for the X1, so I assume it's safe to group the new BMW crossovers in this one?

2023 BMW X1 and iX1 leaked out early.

Honestly don't find it that...offensive, but we'll see how it is in person. The rear end looks more BMW-like than the current G05 X5.

Edit: Leak was yesterday, reveal today. I honestly don't mind the looks, but I worry about iDrive 8 losing the ever useful control knob for the system....

2022-bmw-x1.webp

2022-bmw-x1.jpg

2022-bmw-x1.jpg

2022-bmw-x1.jpg

Last edited:
Angle of the white car isn't flattering. Everything past the A-pillar is fine. Not a bad looking Forester.

Not surprised the new X1 has a nice design compared to most products BMW have revealed recently, this is probably going to be one of their biggest sellers. I really like the off-road inspired accents on the xLine trim.

Not sure I'd make a new thread for the X1, so I assume it's safe to group the new BMW crossovers in this one?

2023 BMW X1 and iX1 leaked out early.

Honestly don't find it that...offensive, but we'll see how it is in person. The rear end looks more BMW-like than the current G05 X5.

Edit: Leak was yesterday, reveal today. I honestly don't mind the looks, but I worry about iDrive 8 losing the ever useful control knob for the system....

2022-bmw-x1.webp

2022-bmw-x1.jpg

2022-bmw-x1.jpg

2022-bmw-x1.jpg

My favorite thing about this is the shape of the tail lights. Not the detailing inside them, just the overall shape. I always really liked the large corner light combined with thinner strip on the trunk lid and I've considered that a design feature of BMWs for years. This car's shape somewhat captures that old design theme.

BMW_E46_rear_20080328.jpg

BMWZ3-1414_8.jpg

BMW-Z3-E36-M-Coupe-history-gt-data-14.jpg

Even some late-00s models kept the theme like the X5, the first of which has an iconic design and the second gen didn't stray too far off.

Used-2008-BMW-X5-48i.jpg

2011-bmw-1-series-m-rear-angle-view-carbuzz-450335-1600.jpg

While the E38 and E39 had boring square lights, the rest of the the lineup had this unique design and BMW has basically gotten rid of it until this X1 here. To be clear, the car is overall horrendous and BMW has suffered a severe decline in design across the board, but at least somebody remembered this iconic tail light shape and brought it back.

My favorite thing about this is the shape of the tail lights. Not the detailing inside them, just the overall shape. I always really liked the large corner light combined with thinner strip on the trunk lid and I've considered that a design feature of BMWs for years. This car's shape somewhat captures that old design theme.

BMW_E46_rear_20080328.jpg

BMWZ3-1414_8.jpg

BMW-Z3-E36-M-Coupe-history-gt-data-14.jpg

Even some late-00s models kept the theme like the X5, the first of which has an iconic design and the second gen didn't stray too far off.

Used-2008-BMW-X5-48i.jpg

2011-bmw-1-series-m-rear-angle-view-carbuzz-450335-1600.jpg

While the E38 and E39 had boring square lights, the rest of the the lineup had this unique design and BMW has basically gotten rid of it until this X1 here. To be clear, the car is overall horrendous and BMW has suffered a severe decline in design across the board, but at least somebody remembered this iconic tail light shape and brought it back.
The current 5 series and X3 still kind of have it.

Likewise with the taillights as it really does have that distinctive BMW styling cue. It reminds me how the current G05 X5 lost that BMW uniqueness and you could mistaken it for a last generation Kia Sorento or something. I know it wasn't a well regarded generation, but I think the F15 X5 looked great.
Used-2018-BMW-X5-xDrive35i.jpg

The exterior of the redesigned X1 is a significant improvement, and shows that not all (though, still too many) new BMWs will look ugly. Quite frankly, the rear end is very good looking. However, the interior is a step back from the outgoing model. While the curved display may be nice, getting rid of physical buttons has got to be the worst trends in modern car design. BMW removing the physical climate control knobs, the iDrive controller, and other buttons, replacing them with the touch-screen, is a disappointment.

Latest Posts

Back